CFX Winter Warrior 5k Rush, 1-29-12

CFX Winter Warrior 5k Rush, 1-29-12

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.qccfx.com/5K.php

Brad Ellis (Orange Guy) has organized this 5k off road run using both courses at Camden. If you are interested in helping let us know. Even if you don't want to help it should be pretty cool to watch these crazy people run the hills on C2. It would be nice to see some disc golfer support for the event, and for Mr. Ellis who spends countless hours working on several of our charity disc golf events.
Sniper26

Re: CFX Winter Warrior 5k Rush, 1-29-12

Postby tufluk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Sniper26 wrote:http://www.qccfx.com/5K.php

Brad Ellis (Orange Guy) has organized this 5k off road run using both courses at Camden. If you are interested in helping let us know. Even if you don't want to help it should be pretty cool to watch these crazy people run the hills on C2. It would be nice to see some disc golfer support for the event, and for Mr. Ellis who spends countless hours working on several of our charity disc golf events.

Help, Hell! I'm thinking about entering. I've seen the flags around the course. If one survives, it will be a hoot.
tufluk

Postby Orange Guy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I have a huge request for the disc golf community for this upcoming weekend. We'll be out there Saturday putting up ribbon/tape to help guide the runners through the race course. I ask that you PLEASE not tear these down. They shouldn't get in the way of play at all. I would really appreciate it. We will clean up our mess on Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday ... We've been advised by Milan people to close off both entrances to the park on Sunday for the safety of the runners. If you plan on playing either course on Sunday, please try to be done before 11 a.m. We'll be out of your way by 3 p.m. Just know that it will be a major nuisance for you to get in or out of the park between 11 and 3.

Also, please know that I have stressed to the organizers and participants of this 5K race to treat the park with respect and to not disrupt the countless hours that have been put in to build and maintain these disc golf courses. Every runner I've taken out there has said two things: "This is amazing" and "I think I want to try disc golf".

Again, I really appreciate your support this weekend.
Orange Guy

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park