Putting Practice

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Postby 10up » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm

laugh all you want there jay. come play horse.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Horse

Postby Trammel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 pm

:D Not tryin to piss anyone off or nothin but "Horse" is the actually one -on-one game for Basketball , Bogey fit's and work's the same for Disc Golf. :D (still played in the same manner as Horse tho)
New Theory: Worry not who or where "shoot the shot in front of U" until U are done ! &..........Then Birdies come easily and frequently!
When You see my Face ! I HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL , GIVES U HELL , GIVES U HELL
Trammel

Re: Horse

Postby Trammel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Trammel wrote::D Not tryin to piss anyone off or nothin but "Horse" is the actually one -on-one game for Basketball , Bogey fit's and work's the same for Disc Golf. :D (still played in the same manner as Horse tho)

And this is a very good way to help ur putting game very competitive and fun
New Theory: Worry not who or where "shoot the shot in front of U" until U are done ! &..........Then Birdies come easily and frequently!
When You see my Face ! I HOPE IT GIVES YOU HELL , GIVES U HELL , GIVES U HELL
Trammel

Postby JBOCK » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 am

Trammel wrote::D Not tryin to piss anyone off or nothin but "Horse" is the actually one -on-one game for Basketball , Bogey fit's and work's the same for Disc Golf. :D (still played in the same manner as Horse tho)

PUT=PIG for short games as well
JBOCK

Postby Ferch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:41 am

Horse, Pig, Bogey, or whatever letters you choose, is a good game for having fun, but not much for practice, IMO. Years ago I was shown a game that not only is fun to play with others, but is also good as a staple for practice solo. I am sure alot of you have heard of the putting game PAR, yet I haven't seen it on here so.....

Par is a putting game that consists of 3 putters each, one basket, a scorecard, and an area to be creative in to be able to play out 9 different putting locations. Now here is the jist, once you are at your 1st hole you putt all 3 shots. Your score will reflect the amount made, for example, if you made all 3 then you got an ace; 2=Birdie; 1=par; 0=Bogey, and I am sure everyone knows how to write this down on a scorecard. This game will show how good of a putter you actually are and will be reflected on your scorecard how well you practice. Also if you are playing this with some competitive friends pressure can make a visit too.

Enjoy or ignore, your freedom....
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby irban » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am

You probably make everyone call it discgolf instead of frisbee golf too.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Discgo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

irban wrote:

Oooh... Delayed burn!
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Ferch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 pm

irban wrote:

Actually you can chalk that one up to Wham-O. It is a registered trademark, hence the true name IS disc golf. If you want to call it frisbee golf that is all good as long as you use frisbees when you play and not discs.
Ferch

Postby irban » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Jeez you are a hard ass. :P

The liberal in me wants to call it frisbee golf and horse. I just can't help it. I bet a bunch of the ron paul libertarians feel the same way. You must be a romney republican? (just joking in the spirit of the caucuses tonight :) )
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 pm

irban wrote:Jeez you are a hard ass. :P

The liberal in me wants to call it frisbee golf and horse. I just can't help it. I bet a bunch of the ron paul libertarians feel the same way. You must be a romney republican? (just joking in the spirit of the caucuses tonight :) )

The public image of it is frisbee golf. Call it disc golf if you want but seems uhm...pointless... to care.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby TTrammel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Detra319 wrote:

The public image of it is frisbee golf. Call it disc golf if you want but seems uhm...pointless... to care.

And..... Pussy , Asshole = PUSSY , keep playin with fire...................
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel

Postby Ferch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Detra319 wrote:

I just go by fact and not by varied opinion. The whole FRISBEE GOLF was a term used before disc golf was established in 1974. And before there was frisbees, kids used garbage can lids, so with your train of thought we should be calling it garbage can lid golf! I care about this great sport that I love would like to see such public images changed, but if we can't escape certain labels we will never progress.
Ferch

Postby Ferch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Not trying to be a hard ass, liberal, or conservative, just being real. As far as the whole presedential election goes, I am out. If you can convince me that we are truly a United nation with us starting by seperating ourselves from each other by either being republican or democrat. Useless labels IMO, but again that is my opinion with little fact to support it at this time, lol..
Ferch

Postby Ferch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm

I apologize for the major thread drift.
Ferch

Postby irban » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm

D31756F wrote:I apologize for the major thread drift.

No problem. Besides, I'm the one who started it back up. If it bothers me too much, I'll just dab my eyes with a Hyvee brand kleenex, pour a cup of coffee from my Igloo thermos and try to make it to the end of the day when I get to watch tivoed shows on my Direct TV DVR. :D
~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Putting Technique