2012 TEAM

Chase and the Iron Lion have your disc golf needs covered.

Moderator: Chase20460

2012 TEAM

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Will this be the last Team Iron Lion? Crazy folk say so. Either way, there are going to be a few changes to the Team moving forward. Before I get into that, Id like to thank everyone that has been part of the Team the last few years. We understand sponsorship should mean more than some hats, shirts, and discounts, but we do what we can. We appreciate your business and friendships, and hope there is understanding in the fact that any decisions are made in the best interest of Iron Lion.

One of the bigger changes will be the structure. We are moving to a 3 tier setup.

National, Regional and Local/ Promotional.

Its pretty obvious. National level players compete in National Tour events . They hit 25 or more PDGA tourneys a year. They compete for National and World Championships on various levels. They represent Themselves and Iron Lion with professional conduct at ALL times and in ALL situations. Any other player sponsorships are subject to dismissal from Team Iron Lion. There are exceptions and each players case will be reviewed seperately. This includes all levels of sponsorships, not just National.

Regional is where most the existing members and prospects will fall. These are players that compete on the IOS and Iowa Tour Events and travel regionally to play and promote disc golf. Regional players have other things going on, like a family and a real job, but try to make several events a season. Regional players hit 15-20 events, with 10+ being PDGA events. They compete in various divisons, and occasionally travel for the big event.

Local/ Promotional is another that is basically self explained. These players hit leagues, local events, run tournaments, run leagues, promote disc golf, do course work, and work to promote the Iron Lion brand. They are expected to keep playing and keep having fun. Lots of these people would play more if they could, but they sacrifice thier time for others and the growth of disc golf. They help out Us when we need it, without asking. They are our kind of people, and we like having them around.

Another change for this year will be that players are EXPECTED to submit a resume of thier years accomplishments. This doesnt have to be disc golf performance related, as that has never been the primary reason for some peoples spot to begin with. That doesnt waver. We support those that support disc golf, and work within the community to bring disc golf to the masses in a positive light.

In the last year the Team has grown. Its not my desire to kill off spots- that isnt happening-but some people have just totally fallen off the pace of what we have asked for, which isnt much. Life has a way of making that happen. We arent paying your bills, I totally get it. Others have climbed the ladder farther and continue to do it week in and week out from various divisons, not just Pro. Some just want it more.

Some dont respect that, although we arent giving you the world, we are giving you more than the next guy.. They dont see it all, just whats there for them. That doesnt work for Iron Lion. Basically, If your not all about it, get out of the way for someone that is.

Deadline is January 15th, 2012.

Submit to Chase.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Detra319 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Prob get flamed just for asking this, but anyone can apply?
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Anyone can apply. Though it should be understood I am not actively seeking new members. Pretty much anyone that would be a new addition would first go through a probation period likely to last for a season.

As time has gone by people have raised the bar performance wise. It will take more to get on in that aspect, and your proving window is very limited. Several of the "rookies" won tournaments last year, a few did back to back wins. That, imo, is taking advantage of the situation and those people earned the right to be on the Team this year. That being said, Im not disapointed with many of the existing Team members.

I cant just keep adding and adding, it doesnt work out. This whole thing started as our advertising budget. It was shirts and hats. Then for some it evolved a little more, as they did more. I will do whatever I can to reward what I feel is dedication, examples being AOs shirt and Bens USADGC shirts. I wont hurt the business, if I wanted that Id go after big names who want big things, and frankly arent worth it to me. In short, We felt better devoting the money to people who could help the business grow and were helping disc golf...alot better than sending it to the pdga or some magazine that really seems to have less and less about disc golf, or to some company to make sure Iron Lion is the first thing to pop up when you google disc golf. Those may have been better choices for our business, but we like this way better.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby treeMD » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm

I think this is a great idea! It gives everyone a chance to state their case as to why they should be on the team, or where they should be on the team. And the differnt levels are something that has been needed. We are all on the same team, and want to support/promote iron lion and disc golf, but some people do more to that end, and should be rewarded, in title only if necessary. I can also see this helping out the local scene, as more people get involved in hopes of getting on the team or maintaining their position on the team, because it is an honor and privelege to be on the team.

Ill work on my resume and have it to you soon!
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby discdude08 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Agreed
I to think this is an excellent idea and will be sending in my resume! Though i have not been a part of the team in the past i always sport the gear and spread the word. I take pride in wearing anything Iron Lion and and in supporting the shop, the players and the sport. I hope this leads to bigger bigger and better things for disc golf in the QC area and areas around us.
discdude08

Postby Detra319 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I play advanced, in CR. Not much good advertising there that I'm not already doing. I play as many tournies of yours as I can and I wear your gear, thats prob good enough. Just always been a dream to be on a disc golf team!
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Ferch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 am

As much as I respect the Iron Lion brand, Chase, Jess, and all team members that help and promote dg, I am not applying. I just want to say how much I appreciate what Iron Lion has done for the sport regionally and I am glad to see members moving into national status. I will always wear my IL hat no matter how many times I have to wash it, at least until it cannot be worn again, lol...
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby treeMD » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am

Resume sent to your email account
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby jess20460 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

All resumes can either be hand delivered to the shop or emailed to

store@ironliondgs.com

FYI-- Chase rarely checks his mchsi account anymore so please use the email listed above..
jess20460

Postby tufluk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 pm

D31756F wrote:As much as I respect the Iron Lion brand, Chase, Jess, and all team members that help and promote dg, I am not applying. I just want to say how much I appreciate what Iron Lion has done for the sport regionally and I am glad to see members moving into national status. I will always wear my IL hat no matter how many times I have to wash it, at least until it cannot be worn again, lol...

Said almost as well as I would have. :wink:
tufluk

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 pm

33 Sanctioned Tournaments played
  • $3570 won
  • 4 Wins (2 B & 2 C Tier)
  • 10 2nd place finishes (ugh)

Placed 6th in the FUSDGC

Raised my rating to 990

Learned a bit more about teaching technique
Last edited by MDR_3000 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:59 am

2011, u mean?
frogawitdafizzle

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote:2011, u mean?

yes
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:2011

33 Sanctioned Tournaments played
  • $3570 won
  • 4 Wins (2 B & 2 C Tier)
  • 10 2nd place finishes (ugh)
Placed 6th in the FUSDGC

Raised my rating to 990

Learned a bit more about teaching technique

Well done Mike. You're a great player. I wish I had half your talent. Well, perhaps I do. :lol: The mental game is a tough game to master. Again, well done and keep it up.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby AO » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:57 am

23 Sanctioned Tournaments played

$3737 won
4 Wins

998 Rating(lowest since late 06)

Career Stats

37 PDGA Wins (50+ including non-sanctioned events)
200 PDGA events played
$46,207 PDGA earnings
22 States played in
Highlights
-USADGC Champ 05
-Des Moines Challenge 07
-DGTV Open 06
-7th place finish at 2010 World Championships
-4x Legion of Doom Champ (1 Adv - 3x Pro)

1st Iron Lion Team Member. Member since 2006/2007ish

7 Years with Discraft. 6 Full seasons

Qualified and participated in the USDGC my first 6 seasons.
AO

Next

Return to Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply