2011 College Bowl Mania

Sports related topics.

2011 College Bowl Mania

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 pm

IowaDG ESPN College Bowl Mania

http://games.espn.go.com/college-bowl-m ... /frontpage

Group: IowaDG
Password: discgolf

First game is this Saturday and the group will close at that time.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby z-man » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:08 pm

So for the confidence portion of the picks...If I am most confident in a bowl, I want to assign that with a higher total (ie 35)?? Or do I assign it with a 1 as I am most confident. I am unsure how these points are allocated and want to rank order the bowls in the proper order.
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby The Donator » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Most pts for most confidence
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby z-man » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 pm

muchos gracias
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

nice to see somebody can access this from work :cry:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby z-man » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

I can access everything (working for a research firm has its advantages)
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby gocards300 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:35 pm

z-man wrote:I can access everything (working for a research firm has its advantages)



even meatspin dot com? probably nsfw
Image
User avatar
gocards300
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Madrid

Postby z-man » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 am

I'm gunnin' for you PorkChop
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby The Donator » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 am

z-man wrote:I'm gunnin' for you PorkChop

Corey will end up in last or near last. He already f'ed up his 33 and 32 picks with some completely ordinary and evenly matched games. Not sure what he was thinking there.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby z-man » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 am

Seriously...I love how just about everyone had Boise State as the 35 point match...accept those that don't know anything about gambling :wink:
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby The Donator » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:52 am

Yeah I saw that when I checked last night too. I only looked at like the top 5 and assumed everyone else would have done the same if they had even heard of the sport called "College Football."
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:12 pm

The Donator wrote:
z-man wrote:I'm gunnin' for you PorkChop

Corey will end up in last or near last. He already f'ed up his 33 and 32 picks with some completely ordinary and evenly matched games. Not sure what he was thinking there.


Its called research.

I liked the mismatches I saw and picked the games high. I missed on these two. That being said both games were close at the end; especially the SDS game which La-Lafayette won on a last second field goal. They miss that or don't get the chance your saying I'm brilliant. IMO I think its easier to pick some of these no name games based on stats, seeing how deficiencies are more pronounced in these lower level teams. All it takes is one stud to exploit these issues. See FIU's T.Y. Hilton and Kendrick Rhodes to Marshall's weak defense and FIU's 31st ranked defense vs Marshall's 98th ranked offense. The SDS game was all on Ronnie Hillman (FBS second leading rusher) running wild on LA-Lafayette's inconstant D.

These may look like bad picks to you but they're no more of a crap shoot than a lot of the BSC conference match-ups. With the talent on many of these teams and a few more weeks to prepare anything can happen. In these early games teams have less time to prepare meaning better statistical match-ups.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby The Donator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Single L wrote:
The Donator wrote:
z-man wrote:I'm gunnin' for you PorkChop

Corey will end up in last or near last. He already f'ed up his 33 and 32 picks with some completely ordinary and evenly matched games. Not sure what he was thinking there.


Its called research.

I liked the mismatches I saw and picked the games high. I missed on these two. That being said both games were close at the end; especially the SDS game which La-Lafayette won on a last second field goal. They miss that or don't get the chance your saying I'm brilliant. IMO I think its easier to pick some of these no name games based on stats, seeing how deficiencies are more pronounced in these lower level teams. All it takes is one stud to exploit these issues. See FIU's T.Y. Hilton and Kendrick Rhodes to Marshall's weak defense and FIU's 31st ranked defense vs Marshall's 98th ranked offense. The SDS game was all on Ronnie Hillman (FBS second leading rusher) running wild on LA-Lafayette's inconstant D.

These may look like bad picks to you but they're no more of a crap shoot than a lot of the BSC conference match-ups. With the talent on many of these teams and a few more weeks to prepare anything can happen. In these early games teams have less time to prepare meaning better statistical match-ups.

Huh? :)
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby z-man » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 am

Nice work Linds...edged me by the slightest of margins...I'll be back next year
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere


Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron