HELP Needed for NORWALK course

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:22 am

Shane, there's a couple extra pads for "shorts"...

I expect to be one of those guys helping, and I assume Jeremy will be around too... I might be able to round up a person or two also if you need any more than that. Josh Ohnemus might be interested in at least helping to see how it works - as he's working on a course in Carlisle...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:31 am

OK, all 47 concrete forms are clean and oiled, the park "windflower" is marked out in paint and everything is measured. We just recieved the baskets Tuesday and we put them all together and welded everything plus we repainted the welds. I have iron punches so every basket has our citys name punched in it in different locations.
Our next step is to go around to every pad and trash and bench location and spade around the paint so the bobcat doesn't tear everything to hell.
Then form, bed everything in gravel, tamp and we sould be ready to pour. I hope to start the spade work next week. Matters on the weather.
Here are the new and final measurments;
Hole 1- 238' w/ bench
#2- 247'
#3- 287' w/ bench and trash can
#4- Long 366', Short 302'
#5- Long 294', Short 220'
#6- Long 324', Short 226' w/ bench and trash can
#7- Long 438', Short 261'
#8- 274' and MAYBE a bench (the more I look at it, I don't like the location)
#9- 310' w/ bench and trash can
#10- 230' w/bench
#11- 254' w/ bench
#12- 299'
Practice basket will have a trash can close by.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:26 am

I would also like to note that it is going to be hard to get bodies out there this spring during the weeknends. Every weekend from now til June is pretty much full with tourneys around Iowa.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby grodney » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 am

Shane's right. At a bare *minimum*, you need 1 guy slopping mud, 2 guys on the screed, and 1 doing finish work. Much more workable is a minimum of 3 sloppers, 2 screed, and 2 finishers.

Broom is also correct.

All in my opinion, of course.
grodney

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 am

3 sloppers, 2 skreeder and 2 finishers? Damn guys, sounds to me like your all union. How many bosses do we need? :)
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby irban » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am

mtldetect1 wrote:Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Doesn't seem like you're making too many mistakes mtldetect1.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:10 am

I'll never tell
puppetmaster

Postby irban » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:27 am

grodney wrote: Much more workable is a minimum of 3 sloppers, 2 screed, and 2 finishers.

Also, don't let the truck get too far ahead of the screeders. Once at Ewing, we had 3 finishers, but only 2 screeders and the truck was several pads ahead pouring concrete. The finishers had to work hard to save many of the pads, and we couldn't get a good finish on one of them because it was too dry by the time they got there.

Raw concrete that has not been leveled, dries out fast. If we had at least been able to level them off, there would have been more time to finish them.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Good notes, guys... I'm sure that among the three of us "on the team" , that's a good start to getting it done.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Just make sure you put a good textured finish on the teepads.
SpikeHyzer

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 pm

for future knowledge, pour a 4000 mix, have them bring it at a 6 to 8 slump, never, never have a truck go ahead to the next pad with out the screeder (or screeders if your union) :D as soon as it is screeded, bull float it then spray it with a anti-dry spray. The finisher, (finishers if your union) :lol: will be right behind him, (or them if your union) 8) and hits it with a walking edger, then hits ite edge line with a mag to get rid of the edge line, then (depending on the heat of the day and the humidy) with a pad that is 4 inches thick, 5 ft on the rear and seven ft in the front and 10 feet long = 3/4 of a yard, you should be able to finish 3 pads before going back to the 1st pad to broom it and always pull the broom, never push. For future knowledge
By the way, I am a union brother :wink:
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm

I am a union brother

whew, thought you were going to start getting a ton of flack for those U-bombs, man!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby therealJT » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:02 pm

dont forget to give me a call for help on the day you are ready to dig holes or pour the pads

Jason
therealJT

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:44 am

thanks Jason... Does one of us have your phone number?

It sounds like we may be working this weekend, I need to figure out w/ Gary what's planned, and if other people will be helpful - and I'll roudn up people who have volunteered.

I remember meeting Bill @ the DSMDGC metting in Feb, but don't have his email - if anyone else knows who I'm talking about let me know.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 am

Ok, this weekend, starting Fri night we'll be doing "pre-construction" for the concrete sites (pads, benches, trash cans).

I don't know exactly what time windows I want to get people together yet because of a funeral & another thing, but I'll post in the next day or two as to a final windows for a few hours where we can get people working together...
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club