College Football

Sports related topics.

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:15 pm

diskey river wrote:^^
Didn't like how ISU campus acted like biggest win ever.

^^^^
Worst post I have ever read on here. 1st win in 59 tries against top 6 opponents. Yeah, I think that was probably our biggest win ever... WAAAAAY better than when we beat you guys several months ago.
discgolfduval

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Single L wrote:

In recent memory Iowa fans have stormed the field in 2008 vs #3 Penn State and in 2009 vs an unranked Michigan team while the Hawks were ranked #12. There's probably many more examples as well, but the point of this post is not to list them all but to give you some perspective.

For all those ho say things like act like you've been there before or they over reacted, ISU has never been there before and honestly not many programs have beat a #1 or #2 ranked team. The celebration was more than warranted. Much more than many of Iowa's field storming celebrations.

Couldnt have said it better myself Corey. Thank you.
discgolfduval

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 pm

GDL17921 wrote:yep the only thing that was missing was some destroyed goalposts. They must crack down on that shit a little harder than they used to.

The goal post are literally indestructable.
discgolfduval

Postby z-man » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:56 pm

discgolfduval wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:yep the only thing that was missing was some destroyed goalposts. They must crack down on that shit a little harder than they used to.

The goal post are literally indestructable.

If I remember correctly, we tore the goal posts down while I was in school after beating Nebraska (02' or 04'...me thinks). After that (I think) they installed the indestructible goal posts as a means to keep celebrating fans from getting their heads smashed in when those posts come down.

And yes...I believe that win qualifies as one of the top wins ever for the program. National stage, #2 ranked opponent with a road to the national championship, getting us to bowl eligibility when most pundits counted us out as our next three opponents are all in the top 20, etc....
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

discgolfduval wrote:

^^^^
Worst post I have ever read on here. 1st win in 59 tries against top 6 opponents. Yeah, I think that was probably our biggest win ever... WAAAAAY better than when we beat you guys several months ago.

Yup def have to agree with you or any ISU fan here...Im the biggest Iowa fan as anyone, and I was in complete "positive" shock watching that game...no way any college football or Iowa fan could say anything negative about that....complete props to ISU, and good luck in your Bowl game...If I was an ISU fan, I dont even want to contemplate what I would have done other than two sluts at the same time that night.

Signed,
Hardcore f-in Iowa fan
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 10up » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:36 pm

i call on that last part
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby gocards300 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm

The Donator wrote: If I was an ISU fan, I dont even want to contemplate what I would have done other than two sluts at the same time that night.

gocards300

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:22 pm

I told you not to post your post-Cardinals WS celebration pics Scott, its disturbing. Nice camera-work I guess, though...
Last edited by The Donator on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Donator

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 pm

10up wrote:i call on that last part

I raise you four dozen phone numbers.
The Donator

Postby diskey river » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 pm

C'mon, ISU had a strong team at 5-4 going into that game. They were gonna have to beat, OSU, Oklahoma, or KSU to be bowl eligble. I figured an ISU fan would have expected to win, therefore not being that suprised when they did. I still think that that first win in Lincoln, or last year's win in Austin should be considered way bigger for the program.

As far as the douchebaggery on the field after the game, of course it happens everywhere, all the time. Just so happens that that night, the fans who just happened to get thier mugs on TV after the game had me rolling on the floor with their need for Summer's Eve. Would have been a little rosey cheeked if I were an ISU fan.
diskey river

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

I think you're being a even bigger douche trying to quantify the level of excitement a crowd should have had based on your opinion of the importance of wins in previous years vs this one....I mean, seriously, dude....really? :roll:
GDL17921

Postby The Donator » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 am

GDL17921 wrote:I think you're being a even bigger douche trying to quantify the level of excitement a crowd should have had based on your opinion of the importance of wins in previous years vs this one....I mean, seriously, dude....really? :roll:

Yeah... :oops: Not sure whats worse, Diskey's explanation or Suh's
The Donator

Postby discgolfduval » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 pm

I made the mistake of reading his last post and considered it not even worthy of a response but well said GDL. What an idiot...
discgolfduval

Postby 10up » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:44 pm

I wish I'd seen this earlier. how long has this bet been on the table?

I'm all in with 3 Estonian Models, Bulgarian sex twins, a Nuggets Cheerleader, a world phone directory, and a BOG bartender...

/it's still a chip, I have to play it... :roll:
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby irban » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 pm

What's the difference between a sex twin and a regular twin?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to Sports