Crossfit

Sports related topics.

Crossfit

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

Well, I guess it's a sport now.

The 2011 Crossfit Games were on ESPN2 last night. Pretty amazing what those athletes can do. I wanted to puke for them.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Re: Crossfit

Postby grodney » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:40 am

Like_Water wrote:Well, I guess it's a sport now.

The 2011 Crossfit Games were on ESPN2 last night. Pretty amazing what those athletes can do. I wanted to puke for them.


Yeah, we had it on at the bar. Some of the chicks were almost semi-feminine too. Almost.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Re: Crossfit

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am

grodney wrote:
Like_Water wrote:Well, I guess it's a sport now.

The 2011 Crossfit Games were on ESPN2 last night. Pretty amazing what those athletes can do. I wanted to puke for them.


Yeah, we had it on at the bar. Some of the chicks were almost semi-feminine too. Almost.


Crossfit girls are hot in a weird preying mantis sort of way. Love the Volleyball shorts they all seem to wear, probably because their form is fitting. I like my girly girl. Don't need a chick who could kick my ass.

Image

Image
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Re: Crossfit

Postby arowan21 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Like_Water wrote:Image


omg that made me cry looking at that, my coach gave me a 10lb weight and i was able to hold it for 45 seconds, what i did is childs play
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
User avatar
arowan21
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Des Moines

Re: Crossfit

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

arowan21 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:Image


omg that made me cry looking at that, my coach gave me a 10lb weight and i was able to hold it for 45 seconds, what i did is childs play


what? 400m overhead walking lunge with 35lb plate?

Word is AO is breaking his crossfit gyms records daily. :shock:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Matt Hasselback likes it.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby AO » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I've been going about 5 times a week and somedays I've been going twice a day if it is a cardio workout. There is no way I could double dip on the stregnth days. The workouts are insanely tough. I also spoke with the owner about the Crossfit games and he said I'm close to competing at a high level. If I stick with it for a year I will be in the games for sure next fall!
AO
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby Like_Water » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:29 pm

AO wrote:I've been going about 5 times a week and somedays I've been going twice a day if it is a cardio workout. There is no way I could double dip on the stregnth days. The workouts are insanely tough. I also spoke with the owner about the Crossfit games and he said I'm close to competing at a high level. If I stick with it for a year I will be in the games for sure next fall!


That would be sweet! Better peep the loads those guys are moving, some of that stuff is insane.

I'm firing back up next week. Pretty excited about it too.

If anyone is interested, my gym Crossfit 515, offers 2 week free trial. It will change your life for the better.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby grodney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:29 am

Your 2010 men and women champions:
Image

Saw that "chick" on the 2011 games last night. Wowza. As I have said previously, gender is an antiquated notion.
User avatar
grodney
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.
discgolfduval
 
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 pm

discgolfduval wrote:I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.


Kinda like disc golf?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Like_Water wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.


Kinda like disc golf?
Only fat and/or old people can excel at our "game"
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:43 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.


Kinda like disc golf?
Only fat and/or old people can excel at our "game"


Not even close to disc golf really. Im not arguing that they arent in alot better shape but it just reminds me of Iron Mans and what not. One big gigantic excersing competition. The only similarity is their probably both not sports if thats what your saying which is why we need to get on the cornhole tour ASAP.
discgolfduval
 
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Postby 10up » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I've been on the cornhole tour for 12 years.
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

discgolfduval wrote: One big gigantic excersing competition.

This phrase is Chucking hilarious for some reason...the notion of who can exercise the best/fastest is really, really funny
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Next

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron