Crossfit

Sports related topics.

Crossfit

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

Well, I guess it's a sport now.

The 2011 Crossfit Games were on ESPN2 last night. Pretty amazing what those athletes can do. I wanted to puke for them.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Re: Crossfit

Postby grodney » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:40 am

Like_Water wrote:Well, I guess it's a sport now.

The 2011 Crossfit Games were on ESPN2 last night. Pretty amazing what those athletes can do. I wanted to puke for them.

Yeah, we had it on at the bar. Some of the chicks were almost semi-feminine too. Almost.
grodney

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am

grodney wrote:
Like_Water wrote:Well, I guess it's a sport now.

Yeah, we had it on at the bar. Some of the chicks were almost semi-feminine too. Almost.

Crossfit girls are hot in a weird preying mantis sort of way. Love the Volleyball shorts they all seem to wear, probably because their form is fitting. I like my girly girl. Don't need a chick who could kick my ass.

Like_Water

Postby arowan21 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Like_Water wrote:Image

omg that made me cry looking at that, my coach gave me a 10lb weight and i was able to hold it for 45 seconds, what i did is childs play
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
arowan21

Postby Like_Water » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

arowan21 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:Image

omg that made me cry looking at that, my coach gave me a 10lb weight and i was able to hold it for 45 seconds, what i did is childs play

what? 400m overhead walking lunge with 35lb plate?

Word is AO is breaking his crossfit gyms records daily. :shock:
Like_Water

Postby Like_Water » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Matt Hasselback likes it.
Like_Water

Postby AO » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I've been going about 5 times a week and somedays I've been going twice a day if it is a cardio workout. There is no way I could double dip on the stregnth days. The workouts are insanely tough. I also spoke with the owner about the Crossfit games and he said I'm close to competing at a high level. If I stick with it for a year I will be in the games for sure next fall!
AO

Postby Like_Water » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:29 pm

AO wrote:I've been going about 5 times a week and somedays I've been going twice a day if it is a cardio workout. There is no way I could double dip on the stregnth days. The workouts are insanely tough. I also spoke with the owner about the Crossfit games and he said I'm close to competing at a high level. If I stick with it for a year I will be in the games for sure next fall!

That would be sweet! Better peep the loads those guys are moving, some of that stuff is insane.

I'm firing back up next week. Pretty excited about it too.

If anyone is interested, my gym Crossfit 515, offers 2 week free trial. It will change your life for the better.
Like_Water

Postby grodney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:29 am

Your 2010 men and women champions:

Saw that "chick" on the 2011 games last night. Wowza. As I have said previously, gender is an antiquated notion.
grodney

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.
discgolfduval

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:03 pm

discgolfduval wrote:I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.

Kinda like disc golf?
Like_Water

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Like_Water wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:I also saw this on TV and I cant believe how pointless it is. It's an excercising contest. I'm all about staying in shape in the winter months but to make this activity a competition seems completely ridiculous. This topic should probably be included under a catagory different than sports...just sayin.

Kinda like disc golf?
Only fat and/or old people can excel at our "game"
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:43 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Like_Water wrote:

Kinda like disc golf?
Only fat and/or old people can excel at our "game"

Not even close to disc golf really. Im not arguing that they arent in alot better shape but it just reminds me of Iron Mans and what not. One big gigantic excersing competition. The only similarity is their probably both not sports if thats what your saying which is why we need to get on the cornhole tour ASAP.
discgolfduval

Postby 10up » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I've been on the cornhole tour for 12 years.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

discgolfduval wrote: One big gigantic excersing competition.

This phrase is Chucking hilarious for some reason...the notion of who can exercise the best/fastest is really, really funny
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Next

Return to Sports