New Teepads at Southwoods

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

New Teepads at Southwoods

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 am

Not that too many will care, but...it looks like one of the WDM Eagle Scouts is hard at work. Hole 4 has a very nice new cement teepad as well as hole 7 now has a real teepad. They put a teepad in about 20-30 feet in front of the sidewalk for hole 7. It plays nicely for a short par 3. I have an email out to the WDM P&R to replace hole 3's long pad. I have asked that they make it like hole 4's new teepad.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 am

Nice. The pad on 3 is alright, just needs to be leveled off. And if they could fix the erosion around 6's pad, it would be in pretty good shape.
SARG27044

Postby O_D » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Anyone know who is in charge of the brush clearing out there? Someone is going to town and not in a good way. I was out tonight, I'm wondering if Mid-Am is clearing 1-3 out due to transmission lines or something because I didn't see trimming anywhere else.

#1 - Left side of schule is cut back a good 35-30 ft. You could throw left and have an open shot to pin. Tape in the trees on right looks like they will do same thing.

#2 - Top right side is all cleared out. The spot where you missed right is now completely open. Left side is also all cleared out. Everything cut out around ditch.

#3 - EVERYTHING is gone. Big shrubs/small trees guarding pin completely gone, everything between pin and #4 whiped out, left of the pin and behind cleaned out as well. Its like the moon up there.

#4 Teepad is nice, watch the first step. Would be nice to move pin back a bit.

Not sure about #7 new tee yet. Seems it could have been pushed back if it had to be down below the bike path. Since it is lower, you are throwing under most of the limbs/overgrowth of trees. Pretty easy 2, automatic 3, new tee makes getting a 4 pretty much impossible.

Hopefully, there is a plan to move #3 pin somewhere? Looked like there may be a decent placement back and to left of where it is now. Or, maybe get the boyscouts out there and build a wall with all the timber that has been cut down.

If someone knows what's up or needs help please post or send a pm, I and a few others live really close.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby Discgo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 pm

The groundskeeper at Margo had hold me last year that a new federal law requires clearing all brush from under high lines. They cleared everything along the park road at Margo. My guess is that this is the same reason they are doing it there. It will probably just need a redesign as I don't think you will be able to stop it.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 am

I will have a chat with the park & rec guy I have been working with.
SpikeHyzer

Postby The Donator » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am

O_D wrote:#3 - EVERYTHING is gone. Big shrubs/small trees guarding pin completely gone, everything between pin and #4 whiped out, left of the pin and behind cleaned out as well.

:shock:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:30 am

The Donator wrote:
O_D wrote:#3 - EVERYTHING is gone. Big shrubs/small trees guarding pin completely gone, everything between pin and #4 whiped out, left of the pin and behind cleaned out as well.

Great!! Maybe I can deuce that chucker for the first time ever.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 am

Buzzznation wrote:
The Donator wrote:

Great!! Maybe I can deuce that chucker for the first time ever.

Good luck, im sure the teepad is still at a 80 degree uphill angle...im beyond skeptical, i just might have to walk there here in a bit and check it out
The Donator

Hole 3

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:34 am

SpikeHyzer

Hole 2 from short pad

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:35 am

SpikeHyzer

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:10 am

Well, that would certainly make a great par-4 from 2-3, and yeah you could deuce that now Steve lol. Any update on the park expanding Joe?
The Donator

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:23 am

The Donator wrote:Well, that would certainly make a great par-4 from 2-3, and yeah you could deuce that now Steve lol. Any update on the park expanding Joe?

Waiting to hear back from the P&R guy. And I also asked if we could possibly put in a new hole so we could maybe combine 2 and 3.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 am

Have they given us a "fair"way on hole 1 yet? Or are they still happy with prairie grass in the middle and 10 ft on either side of it? Where was all this cleanup when I used to lose a disc everytime I went here back in day? :lol:
SARG27044

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 am

SARG27044 wrote:Have they given us a "fair"way on hole 1 yet? Or are they still happy with prairie grass in the middle and 10 ft on either side of it? Where was all this cleanup when I used to lose a disc everytime I went here back in day? :lol:

The fairway of hole 1 is still a tough subject with them. When asked about this, it was stated that they are trying to reinstate the prairie grass. Personally, I think it is because of budget constraints. Most WDM parks used to get mowed once a week, now they are lucky to get mowed once a month.
SpikeHyzer

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club