Veteran's Hospital course?

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am

lol
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby ojenson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Maybe they can charge public players a few bucks to play. That might be a win win.
ojenson

Postby Single L » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I don't see that happening seeing how public use isn't the intent or purpose of the course. P2P would be more like a win (for John Q. Public) lose (for the VA).
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't think anyone quite understands federal funding.
Clue

Postby irban » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 am

Clue wrote:I don't think anyone quite understands federal funding.

I don't know if you mean that because it is federally funded, all taxpayers should have access, or if you mean that not all federally funded programs are open to all. I would say the latter is the case here. There are a lot of federally funded facilities available only to specific groups, particularly the military. Kudos to them for setting up alternative recreational opportunities for their patients. Beats shuffleboard I bet.
Last edited by irban on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 am

The restricted access to the course almost makes that much better. I haven't seen it yet, but for those that have they say it's pretty sweet. And being able to brag just that you got play it, is icing on the cake. I'll probably just walk it (if I"m allowed) and then try to mimic it at another location in town. So I can say I played a something similar.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby irban » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:05 am

Buzzznation wrote: I'll probably just walk it (if I"m allowed) and then try to mimic it at another location in town. So I can say I played a something similar.

Or maybe you can just have a dream about it. I bet unicorns will be there. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:27 am

irban wrote:Or maybe you can just have a dream about it. I bet unicorns will be there. :P

Already did.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Discgo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am

irban wrote:Kudos to them for setting up alternative recreational opportunities for their staff. Beats shuffleboard I bet.

fixed
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:12 am

irban wrote:
Buzzznation wrote: I'll probably just walk it (if I"m allowed) and then try to mimic it at another location in town. So I can say I played a something similar.

Or maybe you can just have a dream about it. I bet unicorns will be there. :P

Or a talking dinosaur... that we can have adventures with... me first, I thought it up.
Cydisc

Postby irban » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 am

Discgo wrote:
irban wrote:Kudos to them for setting up alternative recreational opportunities for their staff. Beats shuffleboard I bet.

fixed

Really? I would think it would be good therapy for inpatients and outpatients to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I'm for massive spending cuts on the military. But after 10 years of wringing every last drop of duty from a tiny number of people, with multiple deployments etc. I feel that vets deserve whatever they get.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Clue » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

irban wrote:
Clue wrote:I don't think anyone quite understands federal funding.

I don't know if you mean that because it is federally funded, all taxpayers should have access, or if you mean that not all federally funded programs are open to all. I would say the latter is the case here. There are a lot of federally funded facilities available only to specific groups, particularly the military. Kudos to them for setting up alternative recreational opportunities for their patients. Beats shuffleboard I bet.

I'm just saying the cost of this course was not a hardship. They aren't looking to bring in any money. They just want an activity for staff and vets.
Clue

Postby Discgo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

irban wrote:
Discgo wrote:

fixed

Really? I would think it would be good therapy for inpatients and outpatients to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I'm for massive spending cuts on the military. But after 10 years of wringing every last drop of duty from a tiny number of people, with multiple deployments etc. I feel that vets deserve whatever they get.

The courses original purpose was for staff wellness. It is not off limits to patients but it was also not installed specifically for them.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby irban » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Discgo wrote:
irban wrote:
Discgo wrote:

fixed

The courses original purpose was for staff wellness. It is not off limits to patients but it was also not installed specifically for them.

Guess I see that now on Shane's first post. Wellness is good too though. Most companies have gyms, etc. Still has my vote for good use of wellness funds.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm

We could all go buy green surgery clothes; just a idea.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club