Pin Positions

Pin Positions

Postby jnecessary » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:02 pm

We moved a couple baskets tonight. 10 and 18 are in the longs now. Tomorrow Luke and I will finish moving them around. Going to stretch the course out a bit. I've noticed some of the courses keep the pin locations posted on here and maybe I'll do that to let the guys/gals from out of town know what to expect when coming in.
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Moved the first 5 before breaking my key.
1-long
2-right
3-left
4-left
5-long right

Jeff and I moved 15 away from the water so it is in the left/long position now. Everything else is the same as it was for the Ice Bowl.
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:15 pm

The course is pretty stretched out right now. It is in the longest layout possible minus 2, 9, 11 and 13. There are a couple holes that are not longer/shorter just different. Will keep it like this for a couple weeks and then mix it up again. We had everything short for the winter so I thought a big change was in order.
jnecessary

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Killer, I'll have to play hooky someday next week and get down there to whoop on u jimmy. Maybe thurs or friday sometime?
Abe Froman

Postby IHearChains » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 pm

jnecessary wrote:The course is pretty stretched out right now. It is in the longest layout possible minus 2, 9, 11 and 13. There are a couple holes that are not longer/shorter just different. Will keep it like this for a couple weeks and then mix it up again. We had everything short for the winter so I thought a big change was in order.

really fun layout!! thanks for moving them.
IHearChains

Postby jnecessary » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Abe Froman wrote:Killer, I'll have to play hooky someday next week and get down there to whoop on u jimmy. Maybe thurs or friday sometime?

Wish I could, work till 3:30 daily, league on Thursday and if I have time Friday I want to get to Wildcat.
jnecessary

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:37 pm

jnecessary wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Killer, I'll have to play hooky someday next week and get down there to whoop on u jimmy. Maybe thurs or friday sometime?

Wish I could, work till 3:30 daily, league on Thursday and if I have time Friday I want to get to Wildcat.

what time is league on thursday? where is it this week?
Abe Froman

Postby jnecessary » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 am

Abe Froman wrote:
jnecessary wrote:

what time is league on thursday? where is it this week?

Turkey, signup around 5, tee at 5:30. Hope for at least bad weather in the forecast with a near miss or there will be about 150 chuckers on the course with us :)
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

All baskets are in the A position. Not really sure on 16 which was A, so that one is still to the left (missing signs right now).
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Baskets are getting stretched out for the next couple weeks of nice warm weather while our muscles can handle throwing as hard as we can on a few holes :)

If it can go long, expect it long, at least holes like 1, 6, 10, 13 and 18...at least for a couple weeks. Soon enough everything will be as short as possible or at least in the best flow possible for winter golf.

Will post final layout once it is figured out.
jnecessary

Postby Grimm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

jnecessary wrote:Baskets are getting stretched out for the next couple weeks of nice warm weather while our muscles can handle throwing as hard as we can on a few holes :)

If it can go long, expect it long, at least holes like 1, 6, 10, 13 and 18...at least for a couple weeks. Soon enough everything will be as short as possible or at least in the best flow possible for winter golf.

Leave 18 in the long for winter. It's always fun trying to make it through the trees and it's makes for a great finishing hole. Matches can be won or lost easily.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby jnecessary » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:54 pm

You got it, I like to try going over top...never works, but always fun to try :)
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:13 pm

jnecessary wrote:Baskets are getting stretched out for the next couple weeks of nice warm weather while our muscles can handle throwing as hard as we can on a few holes :)

Leave 6,10,13,18 all in the long please! Winter is not a good reason for making holes shorter. If you like short holes you can go to Turkey. Peninsula should have more par 4s all year round IMO.
IHearChains

Postby Grimm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:21 pm

IHearChains wrote:

Leave 6,10,13,18 all in the long please! Winter is not a good reason for making holes shorter. If you like short holes you can go to Turkey. Peninsula should have more par 4s all year round IMO.

I'd leave 6, 10 and 18. I don't think 13 long would be that good in the winter. It's a blind 2nd shot with a lot growth that would make it hard to find discs (and who wants to kill geese). Discs get buried in 3 feet of weeds and snow.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby IHearChains » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Grimm wrote:
IHearChains wrote:

I'd leave 6, 10 and 18. I don't think 13 long would be that good in the winter. It's a blind 2nd shot with a lot growth that would make it hard to find discs (and who wants to kill geese). Discs get buried in 3 feet of weeds and snow.

13 has been in that short position for over 3 yrs now and it is time for a change.

Sure it would be more risky to miss the fairway if there's 3 ft of snow. But there is not going to be 3 ft of snow here in a couple weeks.

Anyway, even if there is 3 ft of snow...the risk makes it more fun! Better hit the line! If you don't like the risk, nobody says it is required to play blind shots. You can always send a spotter or choose safer shots or pick an alternate tee. Or, just skip the hole if it gets too scary.
IHearChains

Next

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park