New course possibilities in CR

Moderator: peyton

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 pm

jnecessary wrote:Aren't nearly all courses by discers and for discers?

No, walmart could care less about the penn

Coordinating 18 people or even 9 to raise money for and potentially design their own hole would be chaos, but a pretty awesome idea if it were to happen. Hard enough to work with 2 opinions, imagine 9 or 18.

Jim, you know me, i can make this happen
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Single L » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Abe Froman wrote:P2P only works if yo have somebody on site to collect the $. And that person would get paid an hourly salary. You need a large ammount of traffic to cover the hourly rate of the person on site. P2P would only work for large markets unless there is already somebody like a parks office on site...

Yes because day-use self-registration and drop-boxes are extremely ineffective ..... see the majority of the boat ramps and a lot of the campgrounds in the State :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Potter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Single L wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:P2P only works if yo have somebody on site to collect the $. And that person would get paid an hourly salary. You need a large ammount of traffic to cover the hourly rate of the person on site. P2P would only work for large markets unless there is already somebody like a parks office on site...

Yes because day-use self-registration and drop-boxes are extremely ineffective ..... see the majority of the boat ramps and a lot of the campgrounds in the State :roll:

Or if Greco puts a course on his parents property, one of them could collect the $ right Greco? Retired cop's gonna need something to do all day :P
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm

jnecessary wrote:Aren't nearly all courses by discers and for discers?

Coordinating 18 people or even 9 to raise money for and potentially design their own hole would be chaos, but a pretty awesome idea if it were to happen. Hard enough to work with 2 opinions, imagine 9 or 18.

Yes and no. If somebody was willing to sponsor a pin for 500 they would get their name/advert on the sign permanently. This permanent signage is valuable to business owners for many reasons. I can think of 4-5 off hand that I should be able to convince to hand over 500 for permanent signage..The "donor" would not design the hole(s) thas just silly. Keep the chiefs down to a minimum, keep the tribe large..

FYi.....Some future possibilities are currently in the works. That's all I have for a teaser.keep yer heads up fellas
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Potter wrote:
Single L wrote:

Or if Greco puts a course on his parents property, one of them could collect the $ right Greco? Retired cop's gonna need something to do all day :P

I'm sure he would, not to say he's got nothing better to do, but if he saw you on his property and you didn't pay, i'm pretty sure as the landower he has the right shoot you. on the other hand, if he was out walking around he'd probably have a beer and smoke a cigar with you.

i think this is a great idea. i just need 18 people to sponsor a hole, or a group of 5 people could go in, 100 a piece and have all your names on one hole.

we can have tournaments, league parties, what ever out there.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

3x state champ runner up

Postby Single L » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:03 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:check it out.....

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5672+180T ... 0&t=h&z=16

Better yet .....
Check Out the Birds Eye View
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:39 pm

SWEET!
3x state champ runner up

Postby diskey river » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
diskey river wrote:
jnecessary wrote:
diskey river wrote:And what happened to Kent State Park, heard like 2 years ago that was a done deal?

Heard that one fell through.

I think if we went to KSP and proposed a small pay to play system this could easily be back on.

P2P only works if yo have somebody on site to collect the $. And that person would get paid an hourly salary. You need a large ammount of traffic to cover the hourly rate of the person on site. P2P would only work for large markets unless there is already somebody like a parks office on site...

The day pass would be on the honor system. Vallarta in Madison is in a huge park otherwise and has no one collecting money. One of the locals told me they had sold over 600 yearly passes at $42 each and the $8 a day fee was honor system and considered gravy on top.

I know KSP wouldn't be able to sell 600 the first year, but I bet it would be close to half of that. At $40 each should be plenty to get it mowed all summer(which,from my understanding was the only thing stopping the original plan from going forward)
diskey river

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

there is no honor when nobody's looking. if they agree to do that then good stuff. but all the p2p courses ive been to there was somebody collecting..
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Abe Froman wrote:there is no honor when nobody's looking. if they agree to do that then good stuff. but all the p2p courses ive been to there was somebody collecting..

A state/county park like McBride, Sugar or Turkey should not have a problem having someone collect money or fine people without tags. Have people sign up at ranger station or the bait shop

Especially Turkey with the amount of traffic it gets.

Sugar and McBride(if they had a course) could do spot checks and tell people to pay at the ranger station.

I do not see this happenning at any of these courses though
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby diskey river » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

You don't have to pay someone the whole time the sun is up. Just once a week or so on a busy Saturday/Sunday afternoon. You would pay someone to go snipe the course and write tickets to those with no tags for triple the daily price. Next time they would just pay, and it would quickly get the word out promting chuckers to pay everytime.

This would easily be within the budget.
diskey river

Postby Crager » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am

[The day pass would be on the honor system. Vallarta in Madison is in a huge park otherwise and has no one collecting money. One of the locals told me they had sold over 600 yearly passes at $42 each and the $8 a day fee was honor system and considered gravy on top.

I have played Vallarta (Token Creek) you pay on you honor at a kiosk and get a tag. If you do not pay and they catch you without one it is $165.00 fine.
I believe it is a county park, there is someone there all the time emptying trash cans and doing other maintenance other than on the course.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby Nohr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Played vallarta this past saturday. What would you rather do pay $8 or $169 if you get caught without a "permit". This same park charges $5 to bring your dog into the park. The park wasn't bad but the park wasn't $8 good to play in. If I lived in the area it would be worth playing $42 for the right to play there the full year. But for a travelling player it is completely stupid. Every little thing that was wrong with the course was magnified b.c of the over the top cost. Half way through the course I turned to my buddy and said "We have to stop saying $8. Lets try and enjoy this course and just have a good round".

BTW if you are in the madison area go play something else and save yourself the money and frustration.
Nohr

Postby diskey river » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:44 pm

^^
agreed $8 is redonkulous, and Token isn't that fun (all those Madtown courses are pitch & putt courses), but it seems alot more reasonable if its a badass course in KSP and the $8 a day fee either keeps the chuckers out, or generates enough $ to fully maintain the course we all paid $42 a year to be apart of.
diskey river

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids Club