Work that needs done at the Peninsula Disc Golf Park 2011.

Postby Hamer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Great work on the tree Jim!
You are really getting up there for someone that is not a fan of heights.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I got in a few more hours of work with the weed eater at the peninsula this morning. Hole four is now done. Every tree has been trimmed around. The garbage can has been trimmed and so have the tee pads and the tee pad signs. The directional markers have also been trimmed around. I trimmed down the steps to get to the blue tee pad on hole five.

Hole five is now done on both the red and the blue fairway. All of the trees have been trimmed around. I took out a bush that needed to go. I cleaned all of the mud and grass from the floods off of the blue tee pad. I trimmed the nettles and weeds off of both sets of stairs that go from the five blue fairway up to the baskets on top of the hill. The directional markers on five have been trimmed around.
Hamer

Postby Captain » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Good work everyone!!
Captain

Postby jnecessary » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks to everyone that has been getting work done this last week, nobody posting but stuff getting done. I think Aaron is out there now and Marty cleaned up a lot of brush on hole 11. I know that Greg has been clearing some nice trails too.
jnecessary

Postby Hamer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

Thank you to Aaron for some of the limbs he trimmed on Saturday and for helping me move some of the baskets.

Thank you to Jason for helping me move some of the baskets on Saturday.

I picked up some big logs on eighteen long today. I took down two thorn bushes.

The hard work that everyone has been doing on the course is really starting to pay off. The course is really looking great!
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 pm

I did some more work on eighteen long today.
More thorn bushes are gone and logs have been moved.
It is starting to look sweet.
I put up a temporary message board where the old one was located.
Hamer

Postby jnecessary » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 am

The anchor for 6 Blue got fixed last night, give it a week to set and say hellooooo to feeling good about a 3 again at Peninsula :) Lot of cleanup behind that putting green as well, looking better.

13 Blue anchor is getting set tonight. Looking forward to playing on the beach at least a couple weeks before shorter winter locations come out for a while.

Thanks Marty Reis for helping fix my trimmer, and at least diagnosing what was wrong with Aaron's. Mine will get a bunch of love on the course this weekend, whether by me or someone else.
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Picture time...
6 Blue is fixed! Should be ready for a basket in a couple days to be sure the concrete sets.

Lots of extra steel to strengthen 13 Blue. Been forever since this pin has been here and playable, I can't wait to bogey this one :)

Installed.

Steps/Erosion control between 17 and 18 needed some work..

All done (well sort of...the last few at the top I left, they aren't quite level anymore but have another year in them before they need to be reset).
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:41 pm

14, 15, 16 and most of 17 got trimmed tonight. The biggest thing to get done was finishing the tree in front of 15 Blue. Check it out :)

You can see the basket...but most of us aren't getting there anyway.

jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Great turnout for working on Peninsula today! 10 people showed up: Andy, Aaron, Jason, Kurt, Greg, Brent, Kelly, Mark, Luke and myself. 95% of the trimming that was left was knocked out and the course looks better than ever.

Thanks to everyone that has put in the time or donated tools and equipment to get our awesome course back in shape for the next 3 seasons.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 pm

jnecessary wrote:the course looks better than ever

NO KIDDING! Most definitely the best conditions I've ever seen there. Thanks to everyone who put in the work. Jim that tree on 15 looks great and I can't wait to play 13 in the long again!
IHearChains

Postby Hamer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:10 am

jnecessary wrote:Great turnout for working on Peninsula today! 10 people showed up: Andy, Aaron, Jason, Kurt, Greg, Brent, Kelly, Mark, Luke and myself. 95% of the trimming that was left was knocked out and the course looks better than ever.

Thanks to everyone that has put in the time or donated tools and equipment to get our awesome course back in shape for the next 3 seasons.

I second this motion.
Hamer

Postby IHearChains » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:57 am

A lot of small debris came down out of the trees during the high wind yesterday. Anyone playing the course, please throw a few sticks and branches off the fairways next time you play. :D
IHearChains

Postby jnecessary » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 am

Anyone willing to do a little heavy lifting today please let me know. Around 1 @ Sugar Bottom. If no takers I will postpone. Moving some railroad ties to Peninsula.
8o4-8one4-o658
jnecessary

Postby jnecessary » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:22 am

13 is almost ready to go long, might move it anyway.

Anyone that wants to lend a hand on the task below is welcome to :)
The debris that remains in the fairway can be carried back down the path towards the river but behind the 2 big trees next to the fairway (you will see the path where we were working)
jnecessary

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park