Workday - Weed Whacker Party! Sept 24 or 25, POLL INSIDE.

Which day would you be more likely to attend a work day, mostly string trimming.

Saturday, September 24, afternoon
No votes
Saturday, September 24, morning
No votes
Sunday, September 25, afternoon
33%
Sunday, September 25, morning
67%

Total votes : 6

Workday - Weed Whacker Party! Sept 24 or 25, POLL INSIDE.

Postby jnecessary » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:57 am

OK everyone. Peninsula Park is starting to shape up quickly for the Fall/Winter/Spring seasons when it really shines as one of the best courses in the state! Not to mention an Iowa Tour stop tournament on October 2nd.

One of the big tasks left is widening fairways, trimming around tee pads, tee signs, directional signs and all the trees in each fairway to really put a polish on this course.

Rather than a couple guys working for weeks to get this done, I thought I would call on the community to come together for an afternoon or morning or evening of string trimming fun.

Which day would work better for you? I will supply gas at least if your trimmer uses standard 50:1 Stihl gas mix, or if you have a 4 cycle that uses straight gas.

This is the weekend of a tournament in Newton and Burlington, not to mention everyone is busy. I'm hoping a couple weeks notice and we could get something going. It could be fun to have a morning work session followed by lunch and an afternoon round. The more people we have out to help the faster it all gets done.

Please spread the word!
jnecessary

Postby Hamer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

I will not be available to work on Saturday.

I can be around on Sunday.

Here is the current weed eater situation on the course.

Holes 1-5 are all done.

Holes 6 through 10 need all of the trees and directional markers trimmed around.

Holes 11 through 18 need some of the baskets and all of the directional markers trimmed around.

Hole 12 needs some extensive trimming done on the fairway on the right side.

Hole 16 needs some trimming done around both of the tee pads.

Thank you to everyone that has helped get this course back into such great shape.
Last edited by Hamer on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Anytime Sunday will work for me.
Conrad 37988

Postby jnecessary » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:15 am

It looks like Sunday is going to be the plan. I will plan on being around all day so let's get this stuff knocked out.
My phone is listed in my signature on here I think so call/txt if needed.

Bring gloves and trimmers. If we have a bunch show up, rakes wouldn't be a bad idea to clean up some areas with lots of stuff cut down. Even a pitchfork or two might be good for that, along with a wheel barrow. We can go through as a swarm and knock out holes quick or spread out and be anti social, whatever works. ;)
jnecessary

Postby Hamer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:06 am

I will be out there most of the day.
I have two weed eaters, loppers, a rake and a pitchfork to lend to the cause.
I do not know about being antisocial, but in my experience a bunch of loud weed eaters running together does not allow for much conversation anyway. :lol:
Call me at this number 319-541-5495 if you want to come out and help or if you have some tools to loan to us to use for the work.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby jnecessary » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 am

There are 5 votes that are not me on here. If you are planning on coming out to help, let Andy or myself know. I may have other projects to work on so my trimmer might be up for grabs.

Like I mentioned, I will bring straight gas and extra 50:1 Stihl mix. I will also try to bring some refreshments.

Luke and I will probably be out early with mowers and trimmers. Another project for the day is resetting some of the steps between 17 and 18 and possibly on 5 blue to level them out a bit.
jnecessary

Return to Iowa City Disc Golf Club