New Course in Davenport

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

anubis080 wrote:Is there anything that we can still help with out there? I mean, even if you guys need some donations I'm in.
Thanks for the offer, but the City will be taking care of all the labor out there.

If you really want to help out/donate, take a couple hundred mosquito dunks and throw them in the water along 14 and 15s fairways. :wink:

Crager wrote:What if you get the GPS positions for each pin? Would that be easier to find after high water? Or were they buried too much to find.
The City will (and already has in some spots) be installing pipe into the sleeves to make them more easy to locate.

And +1 to you, too, Greg. Thanks!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

course

Postby RedBird88 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Here is a link to the new course page for the Credit island course. I've included pictures and distances for the pin locations I could find. (click on the scorecard to get the distances) I'll add the rest as they are updated. I'm working on the map and will have it soon. Anyone who has more details they want to add to the page feel free to contact me.

http://www.quadcitydiscgolf.com/Courses ... sland.html
RedBird88

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks, Joe! I appreciate your perseverance in keeping your site up to date. Nice work.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice Job Joe, Credit Island page looks really good.

Lost a Champion Banshee on 14 left of the basket. Not the end of the world.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

par

Postby RedBird88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm

John thanks for the distances and pars for all the holes. I'll get that updates asap!
RedBird88

Postby Lou Siffer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 am

The Davenport Parks department is doing a fantastic job on this course. They've gotten out and mowed again, keeping the feel of well kept golf fairways and greens, with paths linking the holes.
They also got out and put the majority of the remaining sleeves in, including hole 4, which now has a basket. All the sleeves have a 4 foot yellow pipe in them, so you can see where the alternates are.
Tee signs are supposed to go in today.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:The Davenport Parks department is doing a fantastic job on this course. They've gotten out and mowed again, keeping the feel of well kept golf fairways and greens, with paths linking the holes.
They also got out and put the majority of the remaining sleeves in, including hole 4, which now has a basket. All the sleeves have a 4 foot yellow pipe in them, so you can see where the alternates are.
Tee signs are supposed to go in today.

Hopefully they are locking the yellow pipe to the sleeve. We had to remove ours at Wildcat because some idiot used one as a basket beater.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby jnecessary » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:05 am

They haven't yet and I immediately thought of Wildcat when I checked.

Seemed like a couple holes were missing a placement, either that or I just didn't notice them.

The layout is freaking awesome given the terrain to work with, tons of fun. Bring your big arm and discs you can work on multiple lines along for the round.
jnecessary

Postby anubis080 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:05 am

Went out and played, signs are in. Simple, distance/par with logo on them. Doesn't look like a whole lot of money put in them, but they just get trashed anyways. Good lookin' stuff out there.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby KePP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Played this course on Friday and I've been itchin' to get back out there :!: Literally - itching from the mosquito bites. I really enjoyed this new course. It's a long, technical version of Eastern. It has the X-factor that Eastern just doesn’t quite have. Credit Island fills the (former) QC “void” between hilly/technical and flat/open… we now have flat, long & technical.

Probably my favorite aspect about this course – a factor that most hardcore disc golfers aren’t too concerned with – is that it satisfies the Wuss Factor. For a casual disc golfer like me who gets an occasional round in once a month, it’s nice to go somewhere where I won’t lose discs, go in the water, dig through weeds, get poison ivy, have to leash my well-mannered dog, or exclude newbies. The only minor exception is the mosquitos on 14-16’ish.

I love the golf course feel to it and the course design. I’ll need to play it some more, but I suspect this course will round out the Top 3 QC courses with West Lake and C2 to make for a sweetly diverse portfolio - all within a 10-mile radius. The best part was not having to do any volunteer work! Plus I picked up this sweet new Banshee on hole 14. As always, many thanks to those that sacrifice so I can come on here and critique. I'll chip in by picking up cans and bottles that the punks are already leaving behind.

Thanks!
KePP

Postby icemkr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Signs are up, overhead map print and kiosk coming soon. I believe there will be scorecards available soon.
icemkr

Postby icemkr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

and trash cans, also coming soon
icemkr

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:50 pm

There were trash cans there yesterday.
Sniper26

Postby Bugslayer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:19 am

played this course yesterday...awesome job guys. There is need for a few more trash cans, but this will be a great course for the QC. I have one very tiny problem though.....the green baskets! I had trouble finding them with my crusty old eyes, but that may just be me.

One note to anyone that hasn't thrown this course yet, bring your big boy pants and every long driver you got...first course that had me eyeballin the golf carts!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby diskey river » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am

Bugslayer wrote:One note to anyone that hasn't thrown this course yet, bring your big boy pants and every long driver you got...first course that had me eyeballin the golf carts!

Thats how courses are being built these days. Theres enough par 54 courses out there.
diskey river

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport -- Credit Island