trees missing

trees missing

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:03 pm

i would like to know who's been out @ shaver cutting down trees?
ive noticed 12 had a few, 13 had the little "afro tree" in the middle of the fairway just after the big trees on the right gone last saturday.
and somebody called me just now and the dead 8ft tall white stump tree 30 ft in front of 15's teepad was just cut down. this is not the way things work people. i would like to know who is out there doing this as we all work together to accomplish things at the local courses. no 1 person makes decisions to change things. especially trees. have some respect
Abe Froman

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Did you talk to Frog?
Conrad 37988

Postby veedz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 am

Came on here today check about the same thing. The two that were cut at the front of 15 have defined the drive from that pad for many years.
Congrats, hope you can get your 3 now
veedz

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:42 am

Ill just anchor a 10ft 6x6 beam into the ground right next to the stump
Abe Froman

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Conrad 37988 wrote:Did you talk to Frog?

I haven't cut any thing since before Iowa States. This does give me a reason to address the safety problems with problems with this hole. The hole plays too close to 16's tee pad(has always) and needs to be adjusted. We could pull 16, which I dont want to do because I think it's a signature hole, or change or 15 entirely. I believe pulling it until the hole is redesigned is the best option. This will also give me a chance to start to retrofit all of the baskets one at a time, so we can have 2 pin placements on every hole. 15 is a great hole but needs drastic change, and the change it is getting is not for the better of the hole.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:28 pm

leave 16. im curious to see what can be done with 15. i really like the way it plays along the entire creek and has been stretched out as of last year. but 16's pad is dangerous...we could build a little backstop fence behind 16's pad..
Abe Froman

Re: trees missing

Postby Grimm » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Abe Froman wrote:the dead 8ft tall white stump tree 30 ft in front of 15's teepad was just cut down

No!!!
We talked about this last week at dubs. That stump needed to stay. It already lost so many trees.

Abe Froman wrote:Ill just anchor a 10ft 6x6 beam into the ground right next to the stump

AND YES!!!

16 is a signature hole and it can go from a 2 to a 4+ easily.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 am

Grimm wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:the dead 8ft tall white stump tree 30 ft in front of 15's teepad was just cut down

No!!!
We talked about this last week at dubs. That stump needed to stay. It already lost so many trees.

yep, i remember this exact convo. funny that not much longer later someone came and lopped it off. the log was still sitting on the ground next to it. it's too bad someone just thought they could modify the course to fit their own ideology without consulting anyone else....and doing it in secret...
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:51 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
Grimm wrote:

No!!!

yep, i remember this exact convo. funny that not much longer later someone came and lopped it off. the log was still sitting on the ground next to it. it's too bad someone just thought they could modify the course to fit their own ideology without consulting anyone else....and doing it in secret...

Pretty damn bogus. Trees don't really grow back at disc golf courses, sad day.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby KVN » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:49 pm

I played this hole twice (sat/sun) and dueced it both times solo. The only time I have ever got the new pin. It is a different shot and plays alot easier. The treecutter is a coward and a bad golfer ?
KVN

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:12 pm

After playing Camden 2 yesterday I think we need to pull shaver and start over from scratch.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby mattw » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:18 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:After playing Camden 2 yesterday I think we need to pull shaver and start over from scratch.

Would the CR parks department even allow you to pull the course and reset it? It’s taken forever to get them to budge enough to allow the guys to do the work that has been accomplished this year. For me Shaver has gone from a poke and pray course to something pretty special.
mattw

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:58 am

mattw wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:After playing Camden 2 yesterday I think we need to pull shaver and start over from scratch.

Would the CR parks department even allow you to pull the course and reset it? It’s taken forever to get them to budge enough to allow the guys to do the work that has been accomplished this year. For me Shaver has gone from a poke and pray course to something pretty special.

I think he was kinda kidding, more of a compliment to C2.
GDL17921

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 am

Full redesign is out of the question, I'm poking for use of the land on the west side of 15 but not sure that'll happen. We can most likely move a few around. Frog had some great ideas for 10 and 11 to be different that I'd like to see happen. Also we need to figure something out with 15 and the danger element. But I'd really like to keep both those holes if possible. But in all reality we could add a few holes if the extra land is obtainable.
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
mattw wrote:

I think he was kinda kidding, more of a compliment to C2.

Translation.......... Correct, that course is freakin awesome!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park