Day trippin'

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Day trippin'

Postby Joshua » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:04 am

I'm thinking about trying some new (to me) courses today. Can anyone give me info/opinions about the two courses in Grinnell? It's only an hour away from Des Moines so I thought it would be a good Sunday trip. Thanks for any help!

Joshua
Joshua

Postby Schirm » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

I've never played the college course, but Miller park is a fun course with some good 'over the pond' shots. Not one that I would want to play all day, but I usually will make the trip to Grinnell, play one round, and hit Newton on the way back. Newton, btw, is a course I would play all day.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby Discgo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Schirm wrote:I've never played the college course, but Miller park is a fun course with some good 'over the pond' shots. Not one that I would want to play all day, but I usually will make the trip to Grinnell, play one round, and hit Newton on the way back. Newton, btw, is a course I would play all day.
Take a dip in the pool in newton as well. Great way to cool off
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Joshua » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for the info on Grinnell (and Newton). We decided to go play Colfax because we didn't have enough time for two rounds(the Grinnell & Newton suggestion). Great day for disc golf!
Joshua

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club