YMCA winter putting league

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

YMCA winter putting league

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am

Most people don't know but I got the CR Metro YMCA to get Innova's EDGE package and we started our youth program a couple weeks ago. To help generate interest over the winter I would like to have a putting league in full view of all the members. A lot of people don't know anything about disc golf until they see it in some form. The down side is that the Y would want their money. So I would like any input on what you would think people would pay to do putting league on lets say Monday nights. This portion of money would go to the YMCA and not be apart of any kind of prize or purse. Now if there was a side pool that would be fine but Y and myself could not know anything about it! I haven't gone to the Y yet with this but I was thinking $20 for 2 months on Monday from 7pm-9:30pm. Y closes at 10pm. If it goes well we would do another 2 month session. Please let me know what you think. I'm open to all ideas! Just to let you know They have Basketball on Tues. and Volleyball on Wed. and Thurs. and they make too much money to give up gym space on those nights. They also close early on Fri.,Sat. and Sun. Super early on Sunday. Thanks Fritz. On a side note because I work for the Y I could not be involved in any side bets of that would mean that one of you could actually win!!!
Last edited by ANTI-ANTI on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Postby Crager » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 am

Sounds like a good idea Matt.
We don't have to be members?
Are you bringing the wine? Or is it just for whiners?
:lol:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby Detra319 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Crager wrote:Sounds like a good idea Matt.

If we don't have to be members, I am in.
Detra319

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Detra319 wrote:

You don't have to be a Y member but if you are it will be cheaper. There are a ton of people that play volleyball and basketball that are not members. I'm going to run it by some of the guys at the Bushwhacker party and then the tournament this weekend and see what people think. I would like to have at least 10 locked in before I run it by the heads at the Y. I don't think $20 for 8 nights is out of bounds. That's less then $5 a night! The Y has 3 collapsible discatchers form the EDGE program that I would set up for practice but I would use my Mach 2 for the official basket. If people wanted a side pot I would need someone to volunteer to run that.
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Postby Grimm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:03 pm

ANTI-ANTI wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

You don't have to be a Y member but if you are it will be cheaper. There are a ton of people that play volleyball and basketball that are not members. I'm going to run it by some of the guys at the Bushwhacker party and then the tournament this weekend and see what people think. I would like to have at least 10 locked in before I run it by the heads at the Y. I don't think $20 for 8 nights is out of bounds. That's less then $5 a night! The Y has 3 collapsible discatchers form the EDGE program that I would set up for practice but I would use my Mach 2 for the official basket. If people wanted a side pot I would need someone to volunteer to run that.

Most likely in. But Sh!t happens.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Grimm wrote:Most likely in. But Sh!t happens.

Yeah, cause you need the practice!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Potter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:05 pm

This sounds like a great idea Fritz! It will be nice to have some practice in the winter. Unfortunately if it's on Monday nights i'm out...i have bowling leage
Potter

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Potter wrote:This sounds like a great idea Fritz! It will be nice to have some practice in the winter. Unfortunately if it's on Monday nights i'm out...i have bowling leage

It might not be Monday night. Don't know yet. It sounds like it might be hard getting gym space. I'm going to talk to the top dude at the Y this week about it. I just going to lie and tell him I have 10 locked in, maybe more. We'll see what he says.

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 pm

ANTI-ANTI wrote:
Potter wrote:This sounds like a great idea Fritz! It will be nice to have some practice in the winter. Unfortunately if it's on Monday nights i'm out...i have bowling leage

It might not be Monday night. Don't know yet. It sounds like it might be hard getting gym space. I'm going to talk to the top dude at the Y this week about it. I just going to lie and tell him I have 10 locked in, maybe more. We'll see what he says.

hopefully he doesn't read this. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Ya, a little typo there! Sorry.(WINTER)

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Postby ChainFreaks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:59 am

I will try to get Monday nights off this is huge. Great job I am totally in and as long as i can get Mondays off. Have you started already or what is the date looking like?
ChainFreaks

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:24 pm

ChainFreaks wrote:I will try to get Monday nights off this is huge. Great job I am totally in and as long as i can get Mondays off. Have you started already or what is the date looking like?

I'm just waiting to hear back form the Y. It's their gym. In my experience working with the Y I have come to know one thing. It takes forever to make anything happen. I'm shooting for November. That's why I'm starting this now.

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids