New Millennium Releases

For all the others, DGA, Lightning, Wammo, and others

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:11 pm

The Quasar is my main sidearm disc. I'm getting it beat in as it's a bit too stable for me. The Astra is perfect for me. I can hyzer flip it to a slight S shot. It goes long for me, but then I don't have much arm. :roll:
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Clue » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I haven't given up on the Astra. I just don't play enough so it takes me awhile. The Quasar is silly fast! Threw it on 16 at Walnut tonight, didn't even hit it all that well and it got around the middle trees in a hurry and well outdrove everyone in my group. It might be gooder than the Force (which has been a staple in my bag for a couple years now).

In other news, I tried out a new Sirius Orion LF that's really domey and much more overstable, but not diving left overstable. Me might likey alot.
Clue

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 am

Clue wrote:The Quasar is silly fast!

Clue wrote:In other news, I tried out a new Sirius Orion LF that's really domey and much more overstable, but not diving left overstable.

He speaks the truth on these two statements above. The recent runs of SOLF's are quite a bit more overstable than previous runs.

And the Quasar is like a Force, only faster. Sparkly plastic.

The Astra takes a little getting used to, but seems to be almost identical to the Archon, but maybe a touch faster and slightly less stable. Definitely a good tailwind driver.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby crazykrug » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:08 am

Adkisson had a Quasar last night, still don't know how he landed where he did on 16 last night at Walnut as it looked like he shanked it right off the teepad.

cool looking disc though
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Discgo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:48 pm

crazykrug wrote:Adkisson had a Quasar last night, still don't know how he landed where he did on 16 last night at Walnut as it looked like he shanked it right off the teepad.

cool looking disc though

I told you it wasn't sparkles. That shit is from a unicorn the lepricons cremated after it was caught pissing in the pot of gold.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby The Donator » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Clue wrote:It might be gooder than the Force...

That wont work in Scrabble.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby crazykrug » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm

yes you did Steve :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Single L » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 pm

I've been thinking for the last year or so I'd be screwed when I would eventually lose my ubber flippy Pro Wraith. Alas ..... the pink wonder is gone and really, I couldn't be happier. The QOLS that's been riding in the bag as the second stinger has got the nod and I'm not sure why I didn't move to it sooner. Much purer flight and easier to control ....... might have to try the Asturd to see how it compares. More than likely I'll stick with the QOLS as long as the backups I'm going to purchase in the near future are just as understable. I'd like to thank my lack of judgement, gale force tail-wind, Clue and Joe T for the change .... couldn't have done it with out you :D
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 pm

A brand new QOLS is not as flippy as the one you have. But give it a couple of tree knocks and you will be fine. But before getting another QOLS, I would recommend you check out the Astra.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby The Donator » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm

All this talk of understable plastic is almost too much for me.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 pm

I throw a 164 QOLS flat for my "S" shot driver. I throw a 170 Astra with 10 - 20% hyzer to get a similar flight. The Astra is longer but it's touchier. The QOLS is much more forgiving. The Astra beats in much quicker. I love them both.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Clue » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am

Twice today I put this thing out past Fausch, Leaf, and Farnsworth who all throw 50-100 farther than I do. She's fast, she's beefy, and she likes being turned over a little bit!
Clue

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Picked up an Astra this weekend at Titan while in CR so I threw it a few times tonight before league and decided to make it my long distance starter on all straightish holes (everywhere I would have thrown my slightly seasoned straight pro wraith) for the league round. Well I have to say I like it a lot. Its not nearly as flippy as I was expecting but its faster out of the hand than my wraiths and holds a nice straight to slight turnover line. A little faster and easier to throw than the wraith and not as squirrelly as my seasoned wraith. I was surprised at the low speed stability, but once you learn the lines to throw it on the fade can be worked to your advantage. I'm not sure if it will replace my pro wraiths or not but I do like it a lot.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Let me know if you need 1-2 more...
Clue

Postby anubis080 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Got a chance to throw the Quasar, 175g orange, today and it bombs! It goes just as far as my Z Nukes do, but on a more stable line in wind conditions. It is just a tick more stable than the Z Nukes, I would go ahead and say it is 13 speed, 5 glide, -.5 HSS, and 4 fade.

If you have thrown a Chaos and a Nuke, it is right between the two in stability, carrying the speed of the Nuke but with a little more glide to compensate for it's stability.

For those QC'ers, on hole #13 long, made a 21' putt for a deuce, forehand.
Last edited by anubis080 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

PreviousNext

Return to The Rest