New course possibilities in CR

Moderator: peyton

New course possibilities in CR

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Shawnee park, nw side, main entrance off f ave / back lot off O ave. Hilly, some woods and mature trees, doesn't look like anyone uses it at all. Has a large shelter with bathrooms.

Let's get all the leagues to set a percentage of fees off to the side and raise the money needed to get 9 hoops then we can approach the city for assistance.

Let's do this CR!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

I like your style dude. Love the idea but far from possible at he current state for multiple of reasons.

1.The city doesnt/wont dedicate any more parks improvments or work to the current budget as of now even if we raise all the money. Somebody has to mow/take care of the course and they've already stated from previous conversations that a new course in CR city jouresdiction is next to impossible. We have built a decent working relationship with Daniel Gibbins (parks emperor) to just have the ability to improve our current parks, and that took 8+yrs of begging and "shoot first, beg for forgiveness later".

Van vechten (sp?) park was brought up for the same deal and they kaboshed it swiftly..

2. I wanna see more of the community dedicate their personal time to improving/taking care of the parks we already have. The recent improvments in the last year have definitely brought out more helpers which is awesome. But I want to see more. There are so many people that I know that play 3-6 rounds a week easy but have never lifted a finger (I can name people specifically but won't). If those people have so mch free time then try and use some of it to help out what we already have. I hear the line "well I don't know what needs to be done", or "I don't have tools", or " nobody called me"

BS, stop @ the shop if u need to know what needs to be done,
ask myself, doug, frog, hammy, if u can borrow tools. or your parents\family
nobody calls me, I just get off my ass and go to work when I see shit that needs to be done instead of playing rounds. And I have little to no free time.. you have the choice to "A"play a round, or "B" get some work done and give back. most choose option A

You don't need tools to empty garbage cans/ pick up litteror clear debris\downed limbs. And I have all the tools and materials you need to get stuff done if feeling adventureous.

I would love to see more people give back as much as they take from this sport we all play for free and take for granted.

Greco, I will stand by ya bro if you come up with a decent biz plan of how to accomplish your goal, I can introduce you to daniel and ill stand in your corner my friend.
Abe Froman

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:52 pm

woahbud you writing a story lol nice paragraphs . hi abe
blkwizardsonny

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 pm

sssssss
frogawitdafizzle

Postby robizm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 am

he spelt jurisdicktion wrong
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:21 am

robizm wrote:he spelt jurisdicktion wrong

Alkahal es kewl

Sup duden
Last edited by Abe Froman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Froman

Re: New course possibilities in CR

Postby Crager » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:Shawnee park, nw side, main entrance off f ave / back lot off O ave. Hilly, some woods and mature trees, doesn't look like anyone uses it at all. Has a large shelter with bathrooms.

Let's get all the leagues to set a percentage of fees off to the side and raise the money needed to get 9 hoops then we can approach the city for assistance.

Let's do this CR!

We tried to get a course in here years ago, it is used quite a bit in the winter for sledding.
We all need to pool together and buy lottery tickets every week as a group , if we win, :lol:, buy land to have our own courses in one complex
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:13 am

well, even though we don't have a "club" that can give tax right offs for donations, we should be smart with our money.

In the past, bushwhackers always left the books at 0 at the end of the year. if we had banked 500 each year we'd be at 6500 which you could do a lot of good with. i think maybe we should talk with the guys who run the leagues (ie titan-sunday, cr-tuesday, bw-wednesday) and form a plan.

i don't want to leave you out Viscous Circle on thursdays but ic has their own club and donation boxes.

my cu started because postal workers wanted to give eachother better rates and loans and that model obviously works. why not apply that to this.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 am

I trust your financial smarts in every way and know you can accomplish that correctly. The lynchpin is convincing the city to be on board.. That's the hard part
Abe Froman

Postby ChainFreaks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:15 pm

so we where at pour sports last wed and talking about this exact plan but i wan to move into ellis park.. and the mayor of Robins was sitting next to me and told me " if we came up with 9 holes they could match" so i really want to get things going i posted some details and hope i am not steping on any toes but this is something i want to have going b4 the winter moves in.
ChainFreaks

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 pm

ChainFreaks wrote:so we where at pour sports last wed and talking about this exact plan but i wan to move into ellis park.. and the mayor of Robins was sitting next to me and told me " if we came up with 9 holes they could match" so i really want to get things going i posted some details and hope i am not steping on any toes but this is something i want to have going b4 the winter moves in.

good line cody, make it happen. so they agreed to pay for 9 holes(concrete+baskets) or just baskets? and what park would be used? how many total holes would they allow you?
Abe Froman

Postby ChainFreaks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 pm

I was talking about baskets pads and signs, talking rough numbers and how many more people a 18 hole course could accommodate in comparison to a basketball or tennis court. He seemed like it would be a go as soon as the collective WE got the funds.
ChainFreaks

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:28 pm

what park\property would you get in robins?
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 pm

ChainFreaks wrote:I was talking about baskets pads and signs, talking rough numbers and how many more people a 18 hole course could accommodate in comparison to a basketball or tennis court. He seemed like it would be a go as soon as the collective WE got the funds.

I'm sure getting groups/companys to sponser 9 holes woudn't be a problem. But, Robins and where? It would be good to have another course in the area but I can play Vinton, Center Point or Pinicon Ridge anytime.

If I'm heading there I'm playing Wildcat instead.
Grimm

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 am

Grimm wrote:
ChainFreaks wrote:I was talking about baskets pads and signs, talking rough numbers and how many more people a 18 hole course could accommodate in comparison to a basketball or tennis court. He seemed like it would be a go as soon as the collective WE got the funds.

I'm sure getting groups/companys to sponser 9 holes woudn't be a problem. But, Robins and where? It would be good to have another course in the area but I can play Vinton, Center Point or Pinicon Ridge anytime.

If I'm heading there I'm playing Wildcat instead.

I could make sure the WCB crew sponsors a hole. I'd like to see this park in Robins.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids Club