blade of grass

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

blade of grass

Postby Furniss » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 pm

say a disc is completely surrounded by an ob sidewalk...but a blade of grass is grown over and touching the disc....in or out?

out right?
Furniss

Postby MDR_3000 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:43 pm

correct.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Re: blade of grass

Postby Dale Jordal » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Furniss wrote:say a disc is completely surrounded by an ob sidewalk...but a blade of grass is grown over and touching the disc....in or out?

out right?

"say a disc is completely surrounded by an ob sidewalk......" Stop you already answered your question.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby gpdigity » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:37 am

your always supposed to rake back the grass to see where the concrete is.

grass has nothing to do with it. So many golfers think 'oh its touching grass its in" during one of my videos climo goes over this. its the concrete line
gpdigity

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 am

Must have been a hell of an argument to create 3 threads over it.... :lol:
SARG27044

Postby irban » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

Disc surrounded by water in creek, grass or branch is touching it? Out you idiot.

Disc outside OB line, grass or branch from inside OB is touching it? Out you idiot.

Disc surrounded by OB concrete, grass or branch touching it? Out you idiot.

Grass itself has nothing to do with it, except that it might be hiding the OB line. A piece of paper could also be hiding the OB line, and you might look underneath to see if you're in. But if the piece of paper is in the middle of the road, no idiot would suggest the disc was in bounds.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Furniss » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:31 am

thanks guys...sorry bout the multiple threads......my profile was messed up
Furniss

Postby irban » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

For the record, I don't think I was calling you an idiot. I was calling whoever was arguing an idiot. I can never tell if those people are stupid or just angling for an advantage. Kind of like the republicans.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm

irban wrote:Disc surrounded by water in creek, grass or branch is touching it? Out you idiot.

Disc outside OB line, grass or branch from inside OB is touching it? Out you idiot.

Disc surrounded by OB concrete, grass or branch touching it? Out you idiot.

Grass itself has nothing to do with it, except that it might be hiding the OB line. A piece of paper could also be hiding the OB line, and you might look underneath to see if you're in. But if the piece of paper is in the middle of the road, no idiot would suggest the disc was in bounds.
settle down
frogawitdafizzle

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:07 pm

lol frog
blkwizardsonny

Postby Furniss » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

I got ya irban.........i was calling them idiots and much worse for trying to call it in lol
Furniss

Postby Dale Jordal » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:15 am

It probably all started with a "lawyer" who notice a blade of grass under the disc and wanted to dispute the OB. Laywers are like that, they go to school to think like that :) .
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 am

yeah, they also learn to rip people off and not give them their hard earned money's worth. You should check what those J&J guys went to school for.
GDL17921

Postby Sprague » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 pm

gpdigity wrote:your always supposed to rake back the grass to see where the concrete is.

grass has nothing to do with it. So many golfers think 'oh its touching grass its in" during one of my videos climo goes over this. its the concrete line

Don't tell Neifert or Walsh that, they threw a bone to AO at Madrid because they saw me touch the grass - they refused to look when they saw me move the grass "if you have to dig around it's in". The road at Madrid hole 7 is a perfectly straight line when you move the flop grass back (Steffan was on another card and said it was obviously OB - just glad that stroke didn't end up mattering). I think refusing to make a sound judgment based on the facts should be a courtesy violation.

Blade of grass (NO) Defined line (Yes).
Sprague

Postby irban » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 am

Sprague wrote:
gpdigity wrote:your always supposed to rake back the grass to see where the concrete is.

Don't tell Neifert or Walsh that, they threw a bone to AO at Madrid because they saw me touch the grass - they refused to look when they saw me move the grass "if you have to dig around it's in". The road at Madrid hole 7 is a perfectly straight line when you move the flop grass back (Steffan was on another card and said it was obviously OB - just glad that stroke didn't end up mattering). I think refusing to make a sound judgment based on the facts should be a courtesy violation.

Blade of grass (NO) Defined line (Yes).

It was actually traditional for Adams to point this out every year at Madrid. Some variation of "the asphalt is the ob line, you need to dig down sometimes to find it".
~~~- ¥
irban

Next

Return to Ask the State Coordinator