Storm Damage

Postby Crager » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:The steps on #14 are open again along with the path between #16 and 17. Doug cleaned up the downed tree that stretched in front of the 16B pin to behind the 16A pin so we have some room for error there now. Doug was going to work his way down 17 from there, not sure what else he accomplished. Odie and Btchn were working on the tree down between #9b and 9A pads, sounded like it was on its way to getting cleaned up when I left.
No work for me today, needed a day away. :wink:

Doug did a good job on 17 , need to pick everything up now.
Tim and I trimmed up some of the hangers on the front and pulled a couple down.
After we were done playing we cut paths on #18, with the help of Btchn, so its easier to walk to #10 and our campsites.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 am

Crager wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:The steps on #14 are open again along with the path between #16 and 17. Doug cleaned up the downed tree that stretched in front of the 16B pin to behind the 16A pin so we have some room for error there now. Doug was going to work his way down 17 from there, not sure what else he accomplished. Odie and Btchn were working on the tree down between #9b and 9A pads, sounded like it was on its way to getting cleaned up when I left.
No work for me today, needed a day away. :wink:

Doug did a good job on 17 , need to pick everything up now.
Tim and I trimmed up some of the hangers on the front and pulled a couple down.
After we were done playing we cut paths on #18, with the help of Btchn, so its easier to walk to #10 and our campsites.

I'll be there today. I could possibly be persuaded to play after working.
hyzerman16234

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 am

I worked on 11 yesterday. The folded over trees are cut back enough for Crager to try pulling down. The area around the A pin looks a little better. The B pin is cleared out but needs cleaned up. I also cut down about 7 trees that were folded over. The route to the C pin is wide open now once the debris is gone.
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:I worked on 11 yesterday. The folded over trees are cut back enough for Crager to try pulling down. The area around the A pin looks a little better. The B pin is cleared out but needs cleaned up. I also cut down about 7 trees that were folded over. The route to the C pin is wide open now once the debris is gone.

Nice! I'll have to take a look at it tonight. It appears we have three holes which need more dragging of debris then cutting right now, #11, 13 & 17.
We'll have to see if we can get some manpower to help clean up a little this weekend. That and plan on a mulch weekend too.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:I worked on 11 yesterday. The folded over trees are cut back enough for Crager to try pulling down. The area around the A pin looks a little better. The B pin is cleared out but needs cleaned up. I also cut down about 7 trees that were folded over. The route to the C pin is wide open now once the debris is gone.

Nice! I'll have to take a look at it tonight. It appears we have three holes which need more dragging of debris then cutting right now, #11, 13 & 17.
We'll have to see if we can get some manpower to help clean up a little this weekend. That and plan on a mulch weekend too.

We should probably start mulching either this weekend or for sure the next one. I'm off for 2 weeks starting Friday. I should be able to do a lot of cutting during the week days, so picking up on the weekend when there's more help sounds good. A lot can be picked up waiting for mulch loads.
hyzerman16234

Postby Crager » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:

We should probably start mulching either this weekend or for sure the next one. I'm off for 2 weeks starting Friday. I should be able to do a lot of cutting during the week days, so picking up on the weekend when there's more help sounds good. A lot can be picked up waiting for mulch loads.

I am busy Saturday afternoon. Should be able to make it early Sat morning. Anybody have a skidloader with a bucket that could be used to load mulch in pickups and the trailer, would make our life alot easier .
Last edited by Crager on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crager

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm

I will try and get down on Sat or Sun, good job guys cant wait to see the progress you have made!!!
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Steve, see if you can get the service road open up to #15, then we can drive truckloads of mulch up to 17 tee pad in Bob's truck and tarp it in. My chainsaw is hurting right now, need a new chain and bar I think. I'll try a new chain first though.
Let's shoot for mulch application to start this Sunday; maybe we can get a dent in the piles and get a lot of the front done then. Getting to #8 could be a challenge now, we need to get the service path from #2 to 9B pad open too.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:23 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:I will try and get down on Sat or Sun, good job guys cant wait to see the progress you have made!!!

Tye, I could use your help Saturday cleaning up on #11, 13 and 17. See if you can find a couple more guys, sure would help. We could split up and get more done, thanks!
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Crager wrote:I don't have a problem with the arch tree, but I throw a lot lower than most people.

Not last night, whack! :lol:
Change your mind yet?
Budhyzer 17696

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
Crager wrote:I don't have a problem with the arch tree, but I throw a lot lower than most people.

Change your mind yet?
lmao bet you guys werent laughing at all nice shot crager ssssss not sure if im allowed to heckle but i picture that being funny
blkwizardsonny

Postby Crager » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:06 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:

Change your mind yet?
lmao bet you guys werent laughing at all nice shot crager ssssss not sure if im allowed to heckle but i picture that being funny

1 out of 5 times , I am sure it will screw with some. It would be easier with it gone for sure.
Someone besides the crew has to throw it to give an opinion.
There is always heckling /haggling allowed at Wildcat and this site. :lol:
Always a lot of laughter too, no matter what kind of shots we have. :wink:
Crager

Postby Crager » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Crager wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:

I am busy Saturday afternoon. Should be able to make it early Sat morning. Anybody have a skidloader with a bucket that could be used to load mulch in pickups and the trailer, would make our life alot easier .

I am leery about asking my brother in law to use his again since the last one was torched when we used it at Shaver 7-8 years ago , that was a $4,000 hit. :x
Crager

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:

Change your mind yet?

I thought it was pretty funny given what Crager said. I've seen the arch tree get hit a couple times already in a couple rounds. It sure won't be the last time it gets hit too.
There definitely is a lot of heckling and laughter. It's all good, life's too short to let things get to you. And even shorter when you get to be our ages. :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby peyton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

I will be there Saturday to finish the two hangers on 17 then clean up most of it. I will also have something else with me, discs.
peyton

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff