Skol Vikings

Sports related topics.

Postby crazykrug » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm

If Mc Choke goes to Minnesota, I am boycotting watching the Vikes this year
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm

crazykrug wrote:If Mc Choke goes to Minnesota, I am boycotting watching the Vikes this year
That would be wise, regardless.
SARG27044

Postby crazykrug » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
crazykrug wrote:If Mc Choke goes to Minnesota, I am boycotting watching the Vikes this year
That would be wise, regardless.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
crazykrug

Postby Single L » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Redskins: “Ok, what will you give us”

Vikings: “Oh, you want something for him? I thought it was first-come, first-serve?”

Redskins: “No, that’s for Albert”

Vikings: “OK, how about a kicking tee, some Star Caps and 1,500 Vikings Jersey’s”

Redskins: “It’s a deal, as long as the jersey’s don’t have #4 on them”

Vikings: [click]
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 pm

I think this is actually a pretty good move. Donavon has been pretty good indoors and he's never had any talent around him. I expect him to have a well above average season.
Clue

Postby 10up » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm surprised how many Queens fans are upset about this. McNabb has consistently made my list of top 10 QBs the last 5 years. What more do you need?

You girls did just get rid of Turdvaris Jackson and Brent... get a grip on reality. If Rice is the only loss you'll be fine.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Single L » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:16 am

My issue is not the McNabb or his abilities but with the direction of the program.

As a Vikings fan I'm getting real tired of stop gap measures at QB and would really like to see a Franchise QB. I'm willing to give up the potential of short-term success for long-term stability at QB. If McNabb has a great year this year he'll get another contract and be in Minny for another 1 to 2 years. Ergo our newly drafted Potential Franchise QB never see's the field, never gains experience and becomes another irrelevant 1st round QB.

I know this is being a little dramatic, but I'd like to see what this kid can do and not pussy foot around with another retread QB ........ Minnesota - "the Land of 10,000 Lakes and Retread QB's"
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 am

The Nate Jackson and Chris Kluwe Correspondence on Deadspin is hysterical.

Chris Kluwe is one funny ass dude ....... the Brian Wilson of the NFL
Single L

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 am

Corey is right, make the rook play. I mean aaron rodgers sat his first few years behind a HOF caliber QB and didn't learn a damn thing. And he has nothing to show for it..

And the nfl already has the brian wilson equivalent, his name is jared allen. Your boy

Kaboooom
Abe Froman

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am

Abe Froman wrote:Corey is right, make the rook play. I mean aaron rodgers sat his first few years behind a HOF caliber QB and didn't learn a damn thing. And he has nothing to show for it..

And the nfl already has the brian wilson equivalent, his name is jared allen. Your boy

Kaboooom
True, but thats because Favre didnt feel it was his job to teach his future replacement. Dude just has natural talent
SARG27044

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 am

I'm jus sayin its a dice roll to throw a rook to the wolves. Especially some guy that was mediocre @ fSU. Nowadays More times than not they will fail if forced to start first year. There are exceptions. Who knows he could end up bein great. but let the kid sit and learn, for a better chance when its his time.
Abe Froman

Postby Single L » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 am

Abe Froman wrote:Corey is right, make the rook play. I mean aaron rodgers sat his first few years behind a HOF caliber QB and didn't learn a damn thing. And he has nothing to show for it..

Kaboooom

Arron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, and Eli Maning are a few of the cases where this worked. It's not a guarantee that this formula works (see Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Akili Smith, Jason Campbell). Starting Players immediately hasn't been too bad of an option either (see Payton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford) ..... nor is it a guarantee (see David Carr, Joey Harrington, JaMarcus Russell).

For every Arron Rogers there's a Matt Leinart and for every Payton Manning there's a JaMarcus Russell. I say let the kid play and see what he can do. He played a West Coast offense at Florida State and has studied the playbook over the last 3 months. Can't really hurt at this point.
Single L

Postby crazykrug » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

I totally agree Corey.
crazykrug

Postby 10up » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm

the difference is HUGE though. There doesn't seem to be much hype surrounding Ponder. I don't really think many people expect too much out of him. Certainly he wasn't drafted and immediately hailed as the "future" like your Leinarts or Russels or Smiths. Or Ryans or Freemans or Staffords for that matter. He doesn't come from a system (FL St.) that is going to translate easy to the Vikings.

I honestly don't know what the Vikings were thinking drafting him 11th or 12th or whatever it was. A weaker QB in an already weak QB draft pool... I just don't see where the stop-gap QB is bad for Minnesota right now. They need some time to rebuild the defense and replace some ageing vets. Let him hold a clipboard for a couple years. You don't think he'll learn a thing or two?

and if he does get the start after a couple years of filling in, 2nd team workouts, playbook analysis, etc. and DOES suck? You'll be all the better for it. They'll be right in time to draft #1 QB Prospect James Vandenburg, coming off a Rose Bowl Victory MVP.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm

10up wrote:I'm surprised how many Queens fans are upset about this. McNabb has consistently made my list of top 10 QBs the last 5 years. What more do you need?

I agree. Always surprised at the McNabb hate. He's younger than Peyton who just had his second neck surgery...Donovan has performed well on my fantasy teams the last few years.

Just wish they Bears would pick up Moss and some o line help.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Sports