Great Putting Lesson

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Great Putting Lesson

Postby Discgo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 am

Here is a video that has helped me out a ton

http://vimeo.com/19847946
Discgo

Postby Schirm » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Good vid Steve. Some nice things to think about in my next practice session. My favorite part has to be when Dave gets hit in the head at the end.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby Discgo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Anyone else watch it?
Discgo

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 am

Yeah watched this before when Dustin Nohr posted this last year. Totally changed who I am as a putter and made me switch to a straight arm approach. I have definitely improved as a putter, but I find it hard to transition this style of putting to putts longer than 40 feet. Still works great for me, I focus on the release from my hand, which he doesn't talk about nearly enough considering it creates all of your forward propulsion.

A good follow up video for this is called the Snake Strike Putt under the videos that discraft has put out. Look up the user sportdisc on youtube and its under his videos, or look up detra319 and its under my favorited videos. That video helped me more than ever with refining the technique shown in this video.
Detra319

Postby iowapat » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 am

Detra319 wrote:Yeah watched this before when Dustin Nohr posted this last year. Totally changed who I am as a putter and made me switch to a straight arm approach. I have definitely improved as a putter, but I find it hard to transition this style of putting to putts longer than 40 feet. Still works great for me, I focus on the release from my hand, which he doesn't talk about nearly enough considering it creates all of your forward propulsion.

A good follow up video for this is called the Snake Strike Putt under the videos that Innova has put out. Look up the user InnovaDiscGolf on youtube and its under his videos, or look up detra319 and its under my favorited videos. That video helped me more than ever with refining the technique shown in this video.

Fixed...

Snake Strike Putt
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:41 pm

iowapat wrote:
Detra319 wrote:Yeah watched this before when Dustin Nohr posted this last year. Totally changed who I am as a putter and made me switch to a straight arm approach. I have definitely improved as a putter, but I find it hard to transition this style of putting to putts longer than 40 feet. Still works great for me, I focus on the release from my hand, which he doesn't talk about nearly enough considering it creates all of your forward propulsion.

A good follow up video for this is called the Snake Strike Putt under the videos that Innova has put out. Look up the user InnovaDiscGolf on youtube and its under his videos, or look up detra319 and its under my favorited videos. That video helped me more than ever with refining the technique shown in this video.

Fixed...

Snake Strike Putt

Lol sorry, I don't spend time differentiating, I spend time trying to win.
Detra319

Re: Great Putting Lesson

Postby Schirm » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Still watch this video at least once a year. My putting swing thoughts are usually from this, especially since I finally bought a basket. Also still think Feldberg is 80% dusche.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Re: Great Putting Lesson

Postby KePP » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 am

Agreed
KePP

Return to Putting Technique