Shoe for shoe.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Clue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 pm

My Merrells are holding up nicely so far. Love the Goretex, way more than wearing Seal Skins. I stepped up half a size and am wearing 2 pair of socks and it's been really comfortable. The shoes haven't leaked at all despite playing in some really wet conditions. Whether I get a year or two out of them is unknown at this point. If I could get 150 rounds out of them thus costing about a buck a round, it would be totally worth it to me.
Clue

Postby z-man » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 pm

10up wrote:I've been wearing hippie flops most times lately. Seem to putt better. That's where scoring really happens anyways.

Yeah but are all those stubbed toes really worth the extra putt or two you now hit?
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby 10up » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:16 pm

get better footwork.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby TreeLoveInman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Got a round in today with the new shoes.....Really grippy, comfortable. The heel seems to be a little big for some reason and throws me off a bit, and it felt like the shoes just wanted to slip off the back of my foot if the laces were loose at all. I think I am happy with them though...We'll see in a month of two if there is another shoe swap.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 am

TreeLoveInman wrote:Got a round in today with the new shoes.....Really grippy, comfortable. The heel seems to be a little big for some reason and throws me off a bit, and it felt like the shoes just wanted to slip off the back of my foot if the laces were loose at all. I think I am happy with them though...We'll see in a month of two if there is another shoe swap.

All my shoes the last few years felt that way until they broke in better.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby robizm » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:47 pm

I concur with shirm but then again i play less than 20 rounds a year these days :cry:
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby CalebP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:19 pm

This year I went from new balances to columbia ankle hikers....good shoes. Blains Farm and fleet has a great variety and usually on sale. 65.00 is a steal. FYI get more ankle support than tennis shoes.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 am

Ive had my gore tex chameleons for about 14 months now, and they're still holding up well. Had to step in-creeklast week, and they're still waterproof, love em.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby The Donator » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Anyone know of a good website or place to get a decent-priced pair?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

The Donator wrote:Anyone know of a good website or place to get a decent-priced pair?

^^^
So many jokes to be made on this statement :lol:

Anyway...you looking for dg shoes?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby 1semenking » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 pm

The Donator wrote:Anyone know of a good website or place to get a decent-priced pair?

sportsshoesdotcom, shoebuydotcom. both have decent sale pricing if you can find the shoe in the right size. hundreds of different makes and models to choose from. sportsshoes seemed the cheapest.
1semenking

Postby discraftbob » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I have been using my Merrels for over a year now. I have a few rips in the mesh but besides that they have been great (non-gore tex pair). I have a high top pair as well with the gore-tex, but without a little help they were getting leaky...... which leads me to....... anyone looking for waterproofing get SNO-SEAL!!!! It is a beeswax waterproofing goop. Hard to find in stores but its online. Easy to use...... Warm your oven up to about 150 or so, turn it off, warm up the shoes until they are very warm to the touch and apply a good coat of SNO-SEAL. Wipe off excess. I have done this with numerous shoes/boots and even some gloves. It works wonders for waterproofing, seriously. I had a pair of wal mart boot/shoes that I used for 3 years and applied SNO-SEAL once a year. If the snow/water wasn't over my ankles my feet were dry, always.
discraftbob

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:22 pm

deeznuts.com
GDL17921

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

discraftbob wrote:I have been using my Merrels for over a year now. I have a few rips in the mesh but besides that they have been great (non-gore tex pair). I have a high top pair as well with the gore-tex, but without a little help they were getting leaky...... which leads me to....... anyone looking for waterproofing get SNO-SEAL!!!! It is a beeswax waterproofing goop. Hard to find in stores but its online. Easy to use...... Warm your oven up to about 150 or so, turn it off, warm up the shoes until they are very warm to the touch and apply a good coat of SNO-SEAL. Wipe off excess. I have done this with numerous shoes/boots and even some gloves. It works wonders for waterproofing, seriously. I had a pair of wal mart boot/shoes that I used for 3 years and applied SNO-SEAL once a year. If the snow/water wasn't over my ankles my feet were dry, always.

Will definitely turn the leather dark brown. Used to use on leather hikers. Do not know how it would affect the nylon part. Could plug micropores on gore-tex affecting breathability. I use camp dry, Kiwi or other silicon based sprays. Downsides are fumes, and need to re-treat frequently.
tufluk

Postby The Donator » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:44 pm

GDL17921 wrote:

deeznuts.com

SpikeHyzer wrote:
The Donator wrote:The Donator wrote:
Anyone know of a good website or place to get a decent-priced pair?

^^^
So many jokes to be made on this statement

Anyway...you looking for dg shoes?

I must be lost. Could have sworn this was the most recent DG shoe thread.

And sportsshoes.com is by far the most expensive site I have ever seen Tim lol.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff