Shoe for shoe.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Shoe for shoe.

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Took in my marrells not even two months after buying them, the 120$ gortex blah blah w/e. Got them at gander mnt took in the shoes and they gave me my money back. Found a pair of vasque's..Anyone heard of them, They where one sale from like 85-90 down to I think it was 65 I think
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Re: Shoe for shoe.

Postby chappyfade » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:Took in my marrells not even two months after buying them, the 120$ gortex blah blah w/e. Got them at gander mnt took in the shoes and they gave me my money back. Found a pair of vasque's..Anyone heard of them, They where one sale from like 85-90 down to I think it was 65 I think

Vasque used to be a good brand...I had a pair of them about 7 years ago...they were great. They had a pretty good reputation of making a really good hiking boot in the past.I haven't bought any recently, I've had really good luck with my Merrells and Keens.
chappyfade

Postby Discgo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I have had good luck with the Vasque boots with Vibram soles. I think they are the Breeze model. I am on my third set and they seem to really last.

Vasque is a sister company to Redwing Boots.
Discgo

Re: Shoe for shoe.

Postby IHearChains » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am

TreeLoveInman wrote:Took in my marrells not even two months after buying them, the 120$ gortex blah blah w/e. Got them at gander mnt took in the shoes and they gave me my money back. Found a pair of vasque's..Anyone heard of them, They where one sale from like 85-90 down to I think it was 65 I think

I've had two pairs of Vasque Sundowner hiking boots. First pair (mid 1990s) was f'ing AWEsome, through hundreds of miles of hiking and backpacking in the Pacific NW through mud, rain, lava fields, high desert, and snow. Great fit right out of the box. When they finally bit the dust in the early 2000s, I went straight for a second pair of the same boot, but it seems they changed suppliers or cut costs somehow, the fit was still great but the sole and leather outer were not as durable. Still a reasonably solid buy I think. I'm still using em.

When it comes to DG shoes, I also had a pair of Vasque low impact trail-runner type hiking shoes that were Gore-Tex, a lot like the Keens or Merrells that you see out on the DG course. Again, great fit right out of the box. The water resistance wore out pretty quick, but not as quick as the Merrells I bought last year. The soles on these Vasques are not Vibram but are still fine and the shoes are still usable after 3 seasons of DG (2-4 rounds a week), just not water resistant. They definitely have better grip on a wet teepad than the Vibram sole on my Merrells, the Vibram soles are great on mud or wet grass, but I find them a bit slippery on wet concrete.

Overall I would say Vasque is solid company.
IHearChains

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 am

Yeah the soles on my merrells wore out way too fast(had to replace them year after year), as well as being way to slippery on wet concrete (as mentioned above) or even deadly if you try to walk on a fallen tree that is a little wet. Picked up a pair of keens. They seem to be lighter, more comfortable, and seem to be made with better quality.
SARG27044

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah I but I think we may be in the "Lucky" category when it comes to the Keens. I havent had any problems, but everyone else around here has.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Crager » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

Chase20460 wrote:Yeah I but I think we may be in the "Lucky" category when it comes to the Keens. I havent had any problems, but everyone else around here has.

I love my Keens, 5 months and going strong .
Every shoe I have bought the last 16 years of disc'n wears out at the toe area,(I drag my left foot), not these.
Nice and wide too, fit nice.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby gretagun » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am

Yes, I bought one pair of Keens, and they fell apart faster than any shoe I've ever owned, so I'm hesitant to try another pair, even Milos, for disc golf. The Merrells I bought last year are still holding up well, but I feel their quality has gone down as well when compared to Merrells I've owned in the past. I have also owned 2 pairs of Sundowners, and I think my next pair of disc golf shoes will be from Vasque, most likely the Mantra GTX.
"Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
Now I ain't living like I should"
gretagun

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am

Crager wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Yeah I but I think we may be in the "Lucky" category when it comes to the Keens. I havent had any problems, but everyone else around here has.

I love my Keens, 5 months and going strong .
Every shoe I have bought the last 16 years of disc'n wears out at the toe area,(I drag my left foot), not these.
Nice and wide too, fit nice.
That is possible. I just switched from merrell to keens this year, so I havent had them a whole season yet. The last pair of merrells I had were killing my toes when I tee'd off, I think Greenwood had the same problem. The waterproofing is similar to merrells tho, works great for the first couple of months before it doesnt work as well. Thats my only complaint so far. Guess Ill know how well they hold up in October.
SARG27044

Postby Schirm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 am

How many boot threads is this now? :lol:

I'm sticking to my Seal Skins with a less expensive pair of trail running shoes. I like lightweight shoes and I feel that most waterproof (goretex) shoes tend to be heavy.
Force, Wraith, Teebird, Pig, Buzzz, Cobra, Challenger...This week at least.
Schirm

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

Schirm wrote:How many boot threads is this now? :lol:

I'm sticking to my Seal Skins with a less expensive pair of trail running shoes. I like lightweight shoes and I feel that most waterproof (goretex) shoes tend to be heavy.
:lol: the best pair of shoes Ive ever come across for traction, were a pair of 12 dollar starters from walmart. Even muddy wet flypads dont stand a chance against these bad boys. However they are far from water proof, and will leave your feet a little sore after 2 rounds a day. But you wont ever slip...(*cough* Steffen) :lol:
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 pm

20 dollar starters at walmart ssssssssssssssssss
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

nikko seems to do alright in his basketball hightops
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:nikko seems to do alright in his basketball hightops

Lmao!!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 10up » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I've been wearing hippie flops most times lately. Seem to putt better. That's where scoring really happens anyways.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Next

Return to Stuff