Doubles

Disc Golf Pro Shop in Cedar Rapids

Moderators: Captain, frogawitdafizzle, AO

Would anyone be interested in playing a monthly dubs, bring your own partner?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 12

Doubles

Postby dkent130 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 pm

You guy's should host a monthly 2 man best shot/best score(bring your own partner) Fun format and usually you only see them at the beginning and end of the year while people aren't on their A game. Would bring in more sales for ya in am merch for sure. Could play 36 and flight it after round one to keep out baggers if you wanted to keep competition up. I know a lot of people prefer to play their own game but casual play to have fun is much needed as well and best shot a good way to do that.
dkent130

Postby Elevated » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 pm

People are scared of doubles.
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby claya » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 am

Elevated wrote:People are scared of singles.

fixed
claya

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 am

Elevated wrote:People are scared of doubles.

why would people be scared of doubles? we already do dubs every sunday and there are new people all the time
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 pm

claya wrote:
Elevated wrote:Clay is scared of disc golf [/b].

fixed
fixed
frogawitdafizzle

Postby dkent130 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 pm

I love singles! Random doubles has its bonuses when you get the chance to pay 5 bucks to play with pros or people you can learn from. But from last weeks experience, there are people that come that have literally played 2 rounds in their life and when you are trying to have a good round slow down play heavily and ask questions that make you want to smack your mother and compare disc golf with pool... you start to wonder if you want to come back. If you bring your own partner, your just havin a fun round with a buddy and meetin some new people and staying competitive. This is why i mainly suggested monthly, still time for random weekend tourneys/random dubs/ monthly dubs/leagues or w/e it is that fits peoples schedules. Since it would cost more, more sales for titan in am payout, and bigger prizes for winning and better competition in my opinion.
dkent130

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 pm

dkent130 wrote:I love singles! Random doubles has its bonuses when you get the chance to pay 5 bucks to play with pros or people you can learn from. But from last weeks experience, there are people that come that have literally played 2 rounds in their life and when you are trying to have a good round slow down play heavily and ask questions that make you want to smack your mother and compare disc golf with pool... you start to wonder if you want to come back. If you bring your own partner, your just havin a fun round with a buddy and meetin some new people and staying competitive. This is why i mainly suggested monthly, still time for random weekend tourneys/random dubs/ monthly dubs/leagues or w/e it is that fits peoples schedules. Since it would cost more, more sales for titan in am payout, and bigger prizes for winning and better competition in my opinion.
If I recall you were playing rec in the spring? You were park of a card last year that turned in a card with only 16 holes on it. The point of random dubs is mixing new with old, good with bad. I played with twos a couples of Tuesdays ago that were both rated under 900 and we won. I won two weeks in a row last year with Shawn Hullinger( who I enjoy playing with). Now you have to start competitive disc golf somewhere and this is the perfect forum learn the rules and have fun. THE KID YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS A BAD EXAMPLE. I hope you one day will become a great ambassador of the sport and can take newbies under your wing so they can learn to love the game as you do. On to the monthly, I started last month we will be doing it again at the end on this month/first week of July.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby The Donator » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:27 am

I believe you both need a couple hard ruler snaps on your wrists.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby dkent130 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Wasn't downin on random dubs, just would like to pick my partner once a month so was seeing if others liked the idea.
dkent130

Postby dkent130 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Them bolts make it in yet?
dkent130

Return to Titan Disc Golf