e-mail your gratitude

Moderator: peyton

e-mail your gratitude

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 pm

all,

We have recently been blessed with a new entrance road into shaver park care of the city of CR. note that this would be the first impactful\significant improvement the Cedar Rapids DG courses have received in over 15 years. I know it's small compared to what we would envision for the "full boar renovations" our CR courses desperately need. However we need to show our gratitude by thanking those that have the ability to grant us that access. Recently a few of our local guys have been in contact with the city to establish some rapport by laying groundwork to obtain these permissions. please take your time to send a short e-mail to the city manager's office and offer your gratitude for our new road. a small thank you goes a long way. Please keep any negative comments, (and\or any "changes" that have been made) out of the message and merely offer your "thanks" as this could lead to future improvements in our courses and overall relationship with the city.

This goes to all dg'ers. Whether you live in CR or not. I believe positive comments from across the state could make a significant impact to show the city that DG is more widely celebrated than they know.

CityManager-PF@cedar-rapids.org

(see below e-mail message from parks superintendent)

Adam,

Just a follow-up. Much of what we do is tracked and followed with comment cards or correspondence to the City Manager by residents either positive or negative. If you feel the Shaver upgrades are worth the effort, it might be helpful for you to send a short email to the City Manager complimenting the project to help highlight for his information the importance of such funding and support to the Parks and Recreation Department. This would also let him know about your group and the partnership with Parks and Recreation.

Have a great weekend. Sometime soon let’s look over the improvements we met about.

Thank you,

Daniel Gibbins
Parks Superintendent, Parks & Recreation
Last edited by Abe Froman on Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 27, 2011 2:21 pm

this was my message....

To whom it may concern,

I would like to offer my deepest gratitude for the recently paved entrance into shaver park\disc golf course. It was much needed for many years and might I say looks spectacular. I am a part of the local group of volunteers (five seasons disc golf league) that donate time, materials and tooling required to physically upgrade the parks in Marion, Hiawatha, and Cedar Rapids. We would be more than interested in assisting the progress and upkeep of our local disc golf courses with the support of the city of Cedar Rapids. Please keep up the good work as our local parks are a great asset to the citizens. I appreciate the efforts Mr. Gibbins and his team for what they have accomplished. We look forward to future improvements to our current Disc golf courses as our club and network of volunteers have been waiting for the opportunity to assist in the upkeep and progress of these wonderful and very important parks.

Thank you again for your stellar efforts.

Adam L. Stiers
Delivery Assurance - Warranty and Vendor Recovery Electrical Technician

Clipper Windpower, Inc.
4601 Bowling Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Abe Froman

Re: e-mail your gratitude

Postby Detra319 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Abe Froman wrote:all,

We have recently been blessed with a new entrance road into shaver park care of the city of CR. note that this would be the first impactful\significant improvement the Cedar Rapids DG courses have received in over 15 years. I know it's small compared to what we would envision for the "full boar renovations" our CR courses desperately need. However we need to show our gratitude by thanking those that have the ability to grant us that access. Recently a few of our local guys have been in contact with the city to establish some rapport by laying groundwork to obtain these permissions. please take your time to send a short e-mail to the city manager's office and offer your gratitude for our new road. a small thank you goes a long way. Please keep any negative comments, (and\or any "changes" that have been made) out of the message and merely offer your "thanks" as this could lead to future improvements in our courses and overall relationship with the city.

This goes to all dg'ers. Whether you live in CR or not. I believe positive comments from across the state could make a significant impact to show the city that DG is more widely celebrated than they know.

CityManager-PF@cedar-rapids.org

(see below e-mail message from parks superintendent)

Adam,

Just a follow-up. Much of what we do is tracked and followed with comment cards or correspondence to the City Manager by residents either positive or negative. If you feel the Shaver upgrades are worth the effort, it might be helpful for you to send a short email to the City Manager complimenting the project to help highlight for his information the importance of such funding and support to the Parks and Recreation Department. This would also let him know about your group and the partnership with Parks and Recreation.

Have a great weekend. Sometime soon let’s look over the improvements we met about.

Thank you,

Daniel Gibbins
Parks Superintendent, Parks & Recreation
\

Great idea...message sent.
Detra319

Return to Cedar Rapids Club