Final Work Days before the Challenge

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Final Work Days before the Challenge

Postby Beerman » Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 am

First let me say thanks to all of you that have helped me out so far this year. The courses are looking good and we have just a little more to do this week to have them in the best shape possible.

Wednesday ~ Day ~ (pending rain) will be OB painting day at Ewing and Pickard. Need to weedeat the walk path on hole 5 and other areas to make the OB line more visable. Need at least 1 volunteer to make this go faster.

Wednesday ~ Night ~ Pending...... more details to come.........

Thursday ~ Afternoon / Night ~ will be the now annual Bushwhacker course work day at Big Creek. If your not a Bushwhacker you are still welcome to come out and lend a hand.

Friday is Chillaxen day at the Lake..............

I also would like to thank the Des Moines Disc Golf League for picking up trash on the courses as they play. The remove a large amount of trash every year from the courses.

If you see any of the following people please tell them thanks as they have shown up to a work day/night and put in some valuable time on OUR courses.

Name ---- Hours
D Beery 35.50
A Beery 4.50
Adkisson 8.00
Bathey 2.50
Boots 5.25
Butcher 2.50
Chanon 2.00
Clue 0.00 ~~~~~~ still waiting on those two days of work you promised.
Cool 13.75
Coppi 7.75
Culver 2.00
Duncan 2.00
Fausch 4.50
Greenwood 7.50
Krueger 8.00
Leaf 0.75
Metivier 0.75
Neuwerth 2.50
OD 2.50
Philips 1.00
Reiher 8.50
Sarg 2.00
Shepard 8.00
Andy Shrim 2.00
Stewart 11.00
Walsh 1.00
Williams 1.00
Aaron (not lindsley) 3.00
Greg Schnoor 4.50
G.Moore 1.50
B. Courtney 1.00

Let me know if I missed your name or have not accounted for the correct number of hours and I will update the spreadsheet.
Beerman

Postby The Donator » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am

I would be more than willing to come out and help out. But you know the problem with that.... :x
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Beerman » Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 am

The Donator wrote:I would be more than willing to come out and help out. But you know the problem with that.... :x

Sand in the vag is no excuse.
Beerman

Re: Final Work Days before the Challenge

Postby Single L » Mon May 23, 2011 11:25 am

Beerman wrote:Wednesday ~ Day ~ (pending rain) will be OB painting day at Ewing and Pickard. Need to weedeat the walk path on hole 5 and other areas to make the OB line more visable. Need at least 1 volunteer to make this go faster.

Beery I have requested Thursday off from work and was planning on heading down to Pickard for a majority of the day for my annual Pickard Weedwhackingpalooza. If you would like me to paint the OB's while there I'd be more than willing.

Thursday evening is no good for me this week as the Wife is taking advantage of our BW Bye-Week and is requesting my services around the house, so my course work will be limited to the Thursday workday.

Bottom-Line Just Leave Pickard to me and save yourself some gas money ....... consider that my gift of appreciation for all that you've done and one less thing (course) for you to worry about!!!!!!!

Oh and I have a brand new weedwhacker and Brush attachment ithing to be put into good use.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Beerman » Mon May 23, 2011 12:32 pm

If you are willing to take on this I am more than willing to let you run with it. If you need any help let me know and I will see if I can line someone up for you.

Just so you know Joe wants a lot of ob painted at pickard.

Hole 4 ~ Pond
Hole 5 ~ Pond
Hole 8 ~ where the fince line would cross through the gate and top of the landing zone by the basket near creek.
Hole 14 ~ wash out area before the creek and pin side of the creek, this ob line needs to have a defined start and end so that there is no question as to what is and isnt ob.
Hole 16 ~ creek line extend to the right as far as possible
Hole 18 ~ around pond

The key is to extend the lines out as far left and right as possible on the creek area, I am sure you have a good idea of what Joe wants.
Beerman

Postby crazykrug » Mon May 23, 2011 12:52 pm

I will be wherever Wednesday night as well as Thursday at the Crack.

Still need mowers for Thursday night?
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Beerman » Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 pm

crazykrug wrote:I will be wherever Wednesday night as well as Thursday at the Crack.

Still need mowers for Thursday night?

Until they cut the crack I will not know if we need mowers. I would plan on bringing it unless I post otherwise.
Beerman

Postby Single L » Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Speaking of Mowers ........ I have a 2 year old Bolens Push Mower I got from Lowe's that needs a new home.

We purchased a new mower last week and I've been thinking I would donate our old one to the club. Its a no frills budget level mower that starts like a champ. The only real knock on it is that its a little low on torque as it would bog down if we let the grass get long and had the wheels on the low setting. That said its got pretty standard Briggs and Stratton Engine so anyone that likes to tinker with small engines could probably get some more torque out of it.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Mon May 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Beerman wrote:If you are willing to take on this I am more than willing to let you run with it. If you need any help let me know and I will see if I can line someone up for you.

Just so you know Joe wants a lot of ob painted at pickard.

Hole 4 ~ Pond
Hole 5 ~ Pond
Hole 8 ~ where the fince line would cross through the gate and top of the landing zone by the basket near creek.
Hole 14 ~ wash out area before the creek and pin side of the creek, this ob line needs to have a defined start and end so that there is no question as to what is and isnt ob.
Hole 16 ~ creek line extend to the right as far as possible
Hole 18 ~ around pond

The key is to extend the lines out as far left and right as possible on the creek area, I am sure you have a good idea of what Joe wants.

Check ......... when and where can I get the paint and sprayer from ya???
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:43 am

Single L wrote:Speaking of Mowers ........ I have a 2 year old Bolens Push Mower I got from Lowe's that needs a new home.

We purchased a new mower last week and I've been thinking I would donate our old one to the club. Its a no frills budget level mower that starts like a champ. The only real knock on it is that its a little low on torque as it would bog down if we let the grass get long and had the wheels on the low setting. That said its got pretty standard Briggs and Stratton Engine so anyone that likes to tinker with small engines could probably get some more torque out of it.
Might be interested. This way we can see less of our landlord when we need to go borrow a mower. It will save me a 2 hour trip every other week(even though he only lives 5 min away) :lol:
SARG27044

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Single L wrote:Speaking of Mowers ........ I have a 2 year old Bolens Push Mower I got from Lowe's that needs a new home.

Might be interested. This way we can see less of our landlord when we need to go borrow a mower. It will save me a 2 hour trip every other week(even though he only lives 5 min away) :lol:
he wants to give it to someone who will use it sssssssssss
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:32 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:

he wants to give it to someone who will use it sssssssssss
:lol: If it was my yard, I might give 2 shits. But its not. If he wants it neatly landscaped, trimmed, ect. He can come over and start working.
SARG27044

Postby Beerman » Tue May 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Long story short we had to switch the mowing contractor today. The new contractor was able to garuntee that Big Creek would be mowed on Thursday however they will not be providing any weed eating. I will need everyone out there on Thursday night with a weed eater so that we can get this done.
Beerman

Postby Beerman » Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 pm

for those going out to BC to do weed eating before thursday please start with hole one, the outer edges of the fairways have been done but now we need weed eat around all of the trees in the fairway as well.

If you can post on here and/or the work night thread where you left off that would help the next person.

I appreciate everyones help.
Beerman

Re: Final Work Days before the Challenge

Postby Clue » Tue May 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Beerman wrote:Clue 0.00 ~~~~~~ still waiting on those two days of work you promised.

Yeah, you got me. However, I made that promise before I got a job. And it's not like I'm just skipping the work days, I've missed Doom, dropped out of BWs, and will not be playing the Challenge.
Clue

Next

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club