Course Condition?

Course Condition?

Postby periferalFinn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:11 pm

We're thinking about hitting this course on the way down from the Twin Cities for a trip at the end of the month. Reviews I've seen have us pretty excited. Wondering how the course is looking or if there is anything that we should know about it before dropping by.
periferalFinn

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:37 pm

A few areas are soggy, no water standing other than at basket 1, but the course is very playable.

I just added score cards to the blue tee post at number 1. Card has a map of the course, and for the most part it is intuitive to get to most of the tees from the previous basket.

Course is easy to get to - From I-35 take exit 203 and head west… once you approach Forest City Highway 9 becomes a four lane and you will see a Pamida sign at the top of the hill. Turn left (south) at the top of the hill ( golf course road ). Follow this road to the stop sign and you will be at the corner of the course… turn right (west) on to J-Street follow it across the bridge and then turn left (south) into the park… follow the park road till you see a little brown shed or the swinging bridge. Tee one is by the brown shed on the walking path.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Here is a current map of the course ( note #6 - we are still using the temp tee on the walking path ).

It is my hope we will get our Pole 1 & 6 landscaping project done this year and maybe get some trees planted at a few of the poles.

FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby periferalFinn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 am

Sounds great! Thanks for the help Dale. Walked through some pics on another site and it looks like a real fun course. We're excited to play it in a few weeks and hopefully all the soggy areas are dried up and we can play it on a gorgeous day.
periferalFinn

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm

have a good time its a very fun course with a little of everything not much elevation change tho couple holes is all
blkwizardsonny

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm

FYI - Bridge is temp out of service:
The swinging bridge is closed. I am waiting to hear back from the park & rec to see if they have a guesstimate of when the bridge will be repaired .

Anyway with the bridge out the course trafic does not flow as well. I didn't want folks to make a special trip here to play and find the bridge out of service. If you do come I would suggest people play either side of the river seperately 1-10 & the 11-21 or to do a loop you would play 1 and 2 and then cross the J-street bridge over to #18 and play that thru 21 a realatively short walk up to 11 and play 11 thru 17 where you can then go over to #3 Blue and finish the round playing 3 thru 10.

The Bridge:

I hope to have an update soon.
Last edited by Dale Jordal on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Bridge is fixed and OPEN. We were able to use it last night at league. However it has been so wet the park dept is a little behind in their mowing.... If it would stop raining the course will be in great shape. Until they can mow the woods again I would bypass 16 white & blue and all of 19, 20, & 21
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

FCDGC Condition

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 pm

ALERT!

While the course is never shut down, I do not recomend playing on:

Saturday August 4, 2012

The Tree Town Adventure Race will be going on that day. the River will have Kyayakers in it, and the walking path will be full of runners and then later bike riders. The transistion point for the runners to bikers is right along and behind pole 1 so it would be inmpossable to play that pole and difficult to play serveal of the other poles along the river or walking path.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Re: FCDGC Condition

Postby Dale Jordal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Dale Jordal wrote:ALERT!

While the course is never shut down, I do not recomend playing on:

Saturday August 4, 2012

The Tree Town Adventure Race will be going on that day. the River will have Kyayakers in it, and the walking path will be full of runners and then later bike riders. The transistion point for the runners to bikers is right along and behind pole 1 so it would be inmpossable to play that pole and difficult to play serveal of the other poles along the river or walking path.

I should have pointed out for any golfers who may want to do the adventure race that you can do it as an individual or a team one person could Kayak 7 miles another could bike the 13 miles, and another person could to the 5k run
Solo is $30
2 person is $50
3 person is $60
The flyer also says 4 person team is $80 (but I don't know how 4 would work)

Race starts at 7:30 3 miles north of Forest City on HWY 69 - if your interested please contact Jeff or Collen Hovinga for details.

Side Note: Jeff and his family have volunter and done work on the FCDGC when we were building the course back and latter when we were making improvements.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Return to Forest City - DGC