Work Day ~ Saturday May 21 Noon ~ Grandview

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Work Day ~ Saturday May 21 Noon ~ Grandview

Postby Beerman » Thu May 19, 2011 9:14 am

Well its time to give Grandview a little attention. We have a lot of mulch to spread along with any finishing touches. This will be the last work day for Granview before the Challenge so if you have time to lend a hand that would be great.

Once we get done at Grandview we will be going over to Ewing to put the final touches on that park as well. There are 2 tee signs and 1 collar that needs to be replaced. We also have several benches that we need to set out on the course.

Assuming my back isn't fried I plan to get a round in at Ewing after the work there is done so that I can pick up trash.
Beerman

Postby shane » Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 am

I'llbe there!!!
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Ferch » Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Count me in Dave.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am

I was out at GV Sunday morning and found a Joe Wiley signature series D-Handle Spade laying in the shule behind the basket of hole 2. It is sitting in my trunk right now. Shoot me a pm and we can arrange a time for you to get it back.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Beerman » Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 am

Just wanted to say thanks to shane, gdl, joe cool, greg (schnoor I think) for putting in 5.5 hours at gv this weekend. Course is looking good. We also had an apperance from g money who helped for and hour or so, and last but not least rusty and bud for restoring the wooden basket on 10. I appreciate everyone help.

Joe cool also went over to ewing with me to fix a few things over there and put in another 3 hours of work. All told it was a long day but we got a lot done.

Thompson, thanks for pickin up the spade for us it was the last thing we were doing at gv and I think we just wanted out of there, I will make arrangements to get it from you
Beerman

Postby GDL17921 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 am

don't forget a shout out to the new pro in town, transplanted from Corpus Cristie, TX, Albert Valverde. Thanks for droppin' your discs to help us finish up at Grandview!
GDL17921

Postby gvcc master » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:45 am

the crew has been to gv a few times this week lots of new faces up there.
kinda cool to see it folks that used to just walk round the park are now throwing discs and seem to be hooked.....
the course is looking good dave
only thing i noticed was #7 teepad the retaining wall is being pulled apart if u have any plans to repair or fix?
let me know I can help and duden says he will help too sssssss
gvcc master

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club