Course

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:14 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:man if i only made putts like i make benches

you would have two putts on each hole?

lmao! wait i already do that. damnit i shouldve only made one bench per hole. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 pm

some dirty hippie came by and bumrushed my pic

and just for doug i made sure you could fit between the 2. thank you joe for helping me haul all that up the hill.2 trips. fun times...my chiro will be excited to see me

and a garbage can for the helmets.

Last edited by Abe Froman on Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Froman

Postby peyton » Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Just so everyone knows, I removed hole 18's basket for a day or two while the new sleeve settles in concrete. The was why it was in bad shape to begin with. Hole 5's short sleeve has also been replaced. The tree is also gone on Hole 3. The back course now has a hard left hand hyzer with all creek on the left side. It will be complete next weekend. I will be out at Legion all next weekend, if someone has something that needs attention please let me know. Thanks
peyton

Postby Buzzz Killington » Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks fer the hard work gentlemens. If yalls have some way to haul it, I can get all kinds of free mulch (rough cut, much like whats sitting out at turkey creek right now after hole 7).
Buzzz Killington

Postby jnecessary » Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 pm

One more on the "great work" props. So much being done in CR and I haven't even played Legion this year! Will finally get to check out the efforts tomorrow :)
jnecessary

Postby peyton » Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Jim, Matt Ross and myself will not be there tonight for BW. I have to go to church on Sunday. Sorry.
peyton

Postby Abe Froman » Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I chopped the legs on 5's benches to lower it for all the whiners. You know who you are!

And also chopped a few inches off the post for 5's basket. Finally after waiting a year we will have the short placment for 5.(After sunday it should b moved). actually doug, after u play church just move it during your round. ;)
Abe Froman

Postby jnecessary » Fri May 13, 2011 8:04 am

Abe Froman wrote:I chopped the legs on 5's benches to lower it for all the whiners. You know who you are!

And also chopped a few inches off the post for 5's basket. Finally after waiting a year we will have the short placment for 5.(After sunday it should b moved). actually doug, after u play church just move it during your round. ;)

Actually Doug, make sure to work for about 3-4 hours prior to church, gonna need a poor showing from you out there to get any points this week.
jnecessary

Postby Abe Froman » Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 pm

theres still some touch up stuff that can\will be done on thrusday(all day) and friday(morn)
weedwhackin all over legion 5,6,7,A,B,(A=old 5, B=old 6+7)
trimming out the tunnel for hole 12's long and normal fairway. theres a big mess of vine crap about halfway down the fiarway to the right that needs chopped out.
number plates drilled and mounted(i got that)

and i know doug was talkling about some stuff that need finished on krumboltz. wheed whacking, etc.

all are welcome to come out! i should be there by 8ish thursday morn, the gate should be unlocked(but might appear locked to the public, lets keep it that way) bring wheedwackers and any trim tools you have. i have loppers, battery sawzall, bow saw. all the fun stuff. we all want this place looking sharp for friday

and if i get bored we might have another bench or 2 to install. we shall see about that.
Abe Froman

Postby KVN » Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

12s long pad tunnel has been cleaned up abit.
KVN

Postby AO » Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 pm

courses are coming together and looking good.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Wed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm

by tomorrow all the big stuff shold be finished!

all the number plates should be finished and the courses will look like a country club by friday. if anybody is bored i have 1 more bench to install also(probably hole 11 ). and we still need to weedwhack and trim the overgrowth holes a+b, 5-7and 10.

and i literally have no idea what krumboltz looks like, i havent even stepped back there yet :cry:

doug let the peoples know what needs to be done back there

this is like christmas, cant f'n wait!!
Abe Froman

trees down from the wind storm Monday morning

Postby Pepper28320 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:29 am

There are trees down due to the storm we had on Monday morning. There is a tree down alomost on the short basket on #3. There is a tree down on the teepad on #4. And there are trees down on the fairway on #5.
Pepper28320

Postby peyton » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:36 pm

I will try and get those clear Wednesday night if I get time. I will be out there around 5pm if anyone wants to help.
peyton

Postby peyton » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:43 pm

I cut all the downed stuff on 3, but someone will have to move it. Best to put it on the northside of the path. There are two suicide trees left and when my leg gets better I will tackle them. I just can't tell which way the tree to the south of the basket will go when I cut it and couldn't get out of its way if it came towards me. Hole 4 is clear and most of the stuff is out of the way. Hole 5 is clear up on top but I will have to cut more of the hangers closer to the basket later. IF SOMEONE WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO MOVE ALL THE CUT STUFF, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. It's cut in smaller pieces that would be easy to move. Thanks
peyton

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids (Marion) - Legion Park