Camden II

Postby Sprague » Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 pm

2011 Camden Two Work Log
We've averaged 6 people for the last 4 Monday Work Nights at Camden Two. Please take a moment to check out the website, feel free to post a comment and definitely gives the guys a quick thank you the next time you see them!
Sprague

Postby tufluk » Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Met nice couple from Ia. City w/ disc finding dog. Wishes Cam II was there. Loved all the steps and other niceties Chris has installed.
tufluk

Postby Sprague » Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

Nice to hear from people outside our local community, thanks Gene!

Talked to the Village of Milan Public Works Superintendent, Dave Pannell. He was very appreciative of all the accomplishments we've made over the last four years and said that they would get a crew out on Monday (weather permitting) to mow. So again - Thanks to everyone that's sacrificed a round or two of golf to work on the course...you know I say work, but we've been having so much fun on Monday's that it's turned into a social gathering with course improvements - hard to call something work when it's that enjoyable!

Oh yeah, Gene and I moved baskets on Friday - so everything is extended out, this is so when the Village mows they can hit the entire fairway, if need be we can move the pins back to a shorter layout (daylight and all).

Plus, Michael White a new member to our Camden Club brought his mower out three days this week - he actually mowed all of Hole 1 and 2a. Going forward I advised him to focus on the edges near the rough so the Village can hit the bulk of the fairway with their fast riding mower. This will give them some quick reference guidelines and also give us wider than usual fairways!!! Thanks Michael.

Gene cut and reinforced the tree bench on Hole 18's tee, so it will be there for years to come! You can check all of these improvements out on http://www.camdentwo.com/ though.
Sprague

Postby Sprague » Wed May 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Monday Gathering was extremely successful!

We had 3 Fires and 18 people!!!

In attendance: Michael White, Shaun Rodriguez and his son Shaun, Dave Aranago, Ryan "Mushy" Hillery, Mike The Axe, Gene Mattecheck, Chris Sprague, Dennis Gonzalez, Jamie and his brother, Mike Sprague, Josh Grey and his son, Nick Mazzarollo, Dustin Oostendorp, Jake and Nate(?).

We focused our efforts on the rough of Hole 7 and removed a great deal of thorns and briar.

Next week we'll be shoring up the hole 4 teepad altering the path from 3 to 4 to go between 4 and 8. We'll also be cleaning the "Train Station" and debris left and right early on 8. With enough people we'll also put a crew on hole 4 early right - I predict about 4 Fires!
Sprague

Postby tufluk » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Sprague sez: Weedwhips tonite. Expanding fairways out. King of courses Wednesdsy night. Some work tonight will save looking-for-discs time Wed. Beer
tufluk

Postby Sprague » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks again everyone!

I want to give a special thanks to Gene Mattecheck, Michael Whiteside, Mike the Axe Friestad, and Bob Miller. They have all taken the initiative to head up projects on their own time. Michael has been out there for over 30hrs this spring mowing, whipping, and even pulling invasive garlic mustard. Gene has been a Roc for us (Buzz off Lenny), he's there whenever we need him (and we're always learning something new - sometimes about ourselves). Mike the Axe is constantly popping his head out of the woods drenched in sweat or surprising us with mystery work. Bob Miller is a new addition, but has hit the ground running...I don't think you can call someone an ex-marine, because they bring that energy and experience to everything they do. Bob also brings a range of knowledge from landscaping to construction to pretty much anything, he's a jack of all trades.

I'll be sure to post a group picture of these guys so you can thank them in person for their dedication - they deserve it!

Please visit the 2011 Work Log and check out some of our recent progress!
Sprague

Postby tufluk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

Monday work nights aren't really "bust your ass", miserable events. Yes, there is work getting done, sometimes it's physical, but it is also a social gathering. There is a liberal amount of bullshitting, beer drinking and horsing around involved also. I'd encourage anyone to stop by and check it out. Mondays around 5 - 5:30. You don't have to bring specialized tools (although you're welcome to). Just bring yourself (friends welcome too). :idea:
tufluk

Postby tufluk » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:04 am

Will be having big fires tonight on hole 4 and near 7s tee. Work, fun and beer. Anyone welcome.
tufluk

Postby tufluk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:40 pm

We will be burning brush on the hillside below hole 8 tomorrow. (Saturday Dec 17) I will have beer and hotdogs. If you want to carry wood to fire, welcome. If you are playing, stop by and have a dog, chips and a cool one. It's free.
tufluk

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 pm

When do the festivities begin? :lol:
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby tufluk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:27 am

Steady 26542 wrote:When do the festivities begin? :lol:

Sorry Mark, I was sleeping when you posted. I got there at 830, Chris Mike and Jerry by 10. Were there all day, leaving around 6. Was good and dark. Last dogs served about 5.
Great weather, good people, cold beer hot fire. If it weren't for the work things woulda been perfect.
tufluk

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:09 am

No worries. Sorry I missed it.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

Postby tufluk » Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 am

City has mowed fairways. We have mowed rough. Very playable now. It's been tough playing the last couple of weeks. We have a handle on it now. Should play well the rest of the summer.
tufluk

Postby tufluk » Sun May 20, 2012 7:58 pm

We have planted flowers in various areas and "planters" around the course. It's been dry, If you are throwing a round, a bit of a drink from your water bottle would help. If all would spare a few ounces, the plants would appreciate.
tufluk

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

I played CII today and let me say it was in AMAZING condition!! I love the work done around the tee pads. The course has never looked better. Well done CII crew, well done!!
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Steady 26542

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park