Course

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm

:D
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Abe Froman wrote:Image

can't wait to sit on that! (that's what she said)
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:55 pm

just put in two more benches. thank you brandon yancey for the help. could'nt done it without you\or pissing my wife off by taking too much time.

hole 2

hole 18

enjoy! more to come now that i have the keys :wink:

all 7+foot long. because we know you like em that way :lol:
Abe Froman

Postby jnecessary » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Abe Froman wrote:just put in two more benches. thank you brandon yancey for the help. could'nt done it without you\or pissing my wife off by taking too much time.

hole 2

hole 18

enjoy! more to come now that i have the keys :wink:

all 7+foot long. because we know you like em that way :lol:

There is almost a "that's what she said!" in there. Next time don't let me down.

Props for all the work you are getting done in CR!
jnecessary

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 pm

jnecessary wrote:Next time don't let me down.

POW! right in the kisser :o
Abe Froman

Postby Detra319 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am

Nice benches showing up all over the course Stiers, pretty sweet.

The framing around 4's basket is still solid as a rock after a couple rains, and the mulch settled pretty well. Only a 3 inch gap or so between the mulch and the top of the box, so it is working out fine.
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:51 pm

put in two more on hole 5 today.....

i plan on 2 more on 15 by saturday i'd say. might move the one on 14 too while i'm @ it.
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm

i haven't seen this much community service since my teen years! better than going to jail. i love it stiers, keep it up!
3x state champ runner up

Postby Detra319 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 am

Anyone got a chainsaw for that tree that fell in 3's fairway? I moved it with a couple guys last week but its kinda stuck now and not going anywhere.

Also cleaned all the dead branches from 4 and 5 since it appears a whole extra forest fell out of the sky onto the fairway yesterday.

And the box on 4 could probably use another layer of mulch, its down about 7-8 inches under the top of the box now that it has rained some more.
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm

myself and average joe put in 2 more benches on hole 15 today (just before the rain came hard) timing is impecable... the one on the right is lower for doug (we named it after you). he needs to reach them too

also looks like the city decided to chop out a few trees on the left side of 15's fairway. not sure if they were dead or ash trees in the line of fire but there's definitely a small urge to throw the anny with little worry now to the long position. too bad they couldnt have chopped out the downed branch by the teepad that almost killed joe while they were in the tree choppin' mood....

also be carefull of hole 1's city work, they are putting in a new sewer line and be thankful the hole is still playable.
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:24 pm

also my parents had to thin out the garden so i got a ton of asian ornamental grass(skip the dipshit comments) that grows to 7+ft tall. i put 4 plots of it behind hole 2's bench. will be sweet by summer. within a few years it will form a wall on the treeline behind the bench. please dont smash it, and yell @ people that mess with it.

and dont worry doug, i didnt mess with your raspberries
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:32 pm

put in another on hole 3. thanks chase norton for the help brotha. man if i only made putts like i make benches and retaining walls......

Abe Froman

Postby AO » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 pm

:lol:
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

also, disappointing news from the parks dept....

hole 1's A position (spot up the wooded trail where it has been for months) will not be a hole anymore. we have been advised that the area between the open field up to the basket cannot be used anymore. so if you like that hole please come out and shoot it as much as you can because it won't exist within a week or so.

hole 1 will still have that right anchor that was old 2's short pin. also we will be using 2's long anchor as a long position for hole 1 and 2. obviously not at the same time but, i put a 5$ bounty on who can duece that long hole 1 first. plays close to 600 easily with the full hill and tree even more in the way. finally, a long hole back to legion.

also if anybody can dig out all the un-used anchors as we need to move most of the baskets to avoid trashing the current putting greens during the wet season. if you dont know how... get a steel rod, duct tape a large spoon on the end and dig the crud out. easy as pie. if not anybody can call me and borrow mine 319-431-4888.. please and thank you!
Abe Froman

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Abe Froman wrote:man if i only made putts like i make benches

you would have two putts on each hole?
medicinal funk

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids (Marion) - Legion Park