Camden 1 cleanup

Camden 1 cleanup

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Some of us will be out at Camden 1 doing some cleanup tomorrow morning between 9:00-10:00. Just minor work to get things in order for the ace race and trim back some of the overgrowth. If you got the time and want some good karma before Disc'n For Dogs stop out and give us a hand for a while.
Sniper26

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Got a lot of work done on Camden1 tonight. Danielle, Trish (I believe) and I got 4-5 full bags of trash. Bench put in on hole7. Stairs now going down to 10's bridge with water gutter to re-direct water. Also nice little addition on hole 4. You'll see...Been awhile since real work has been done here. Now a lot of dead wood needs picked up and trees trimmed up and just needs cleaned. (nature wise)
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby strokersix » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 am

Thank you!

Mike the Axe
strokersix

Postby TreeLoveInman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Put in some pretty cool stairs on 9 going down to 10's pad. Nice little handrail as well. Nick M. helped me out a little. Mostly cause I wouldn't let him touch anything. lol We also got a gutter log directing the water away from them and helping out 9's hill. A good 3 hours of work...You are welcome!!! More to come....
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby tufluk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:Put in some pretty cool stairs on 9 going down to 10's pad. Nice little handrail as well. Nick M. helped me out a little. Mostly cause I wouldn't let him touch anything. lol We also got a gutter log directing the water away from them and helping out 9's hill. A good 3 hours of work...You are welcome!!! More to come....

Dave, let me know when you are working. I've got more tools than anyone, and am not afraid to sweat a bit!
tufluk

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 am

More tools than Norm from The Yankee Workshop? :shock:
Sniper26

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 am

Probably. Most of his woodworking tools, + chainsaws, tractor, tiller, and mechanic's tools, plumbing, electrical, and etc. Stop by my garage/workshop sometime.
tufluk

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

nice, that's been needed for only 10 years or so. :lol:

I'll have to check it out this weekend when I'm back in town.
GDL17921

Postby TreeLoveInman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Found hole 6's bench torn apart and over on the rock drainage next to 5's basket..I am assuming sledders wanted to try and make a ramp...Kinda dis appointed....After that being the second bench tore up I will only clean the course up from now on and not put benches...(unless cemented in the ground I guess)
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby tufluk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:Found hole 6's bench torn apart and over on the rock drainage next to 5's basket..I am assuming sledders wanted to try and make a ramp...Kinda dis appointed....After that being the second bench tore up I will only clean the course up from now on and not put benches...(unless cemented in the ground I guess)

Been there. We've had 2 nice signs stolen on Cam II. Plus the constant littering. Just part of today's world. We can't let them win. Your post has inspired me to re-make that sign for the third time. I have taken to hiding my benches from the road. I'll make a bench for C1 #6 out of natural material so sledders won't be tempted. Will have to wait until after spring thaw as that area is too wet to drive on.

"Don't get mad, get even."
tufluk

Postby TreeLoveInman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm

..Well I gave in......Made a bench out of some old round fence posts down on 6 again......Lag bolted, cemented and about 100 pounds heavier....Mess with our bench now!!
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Trash everywhere

Postby nugs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:57 pm

Camden One has trash all over. Picked some up the other day when I was there. Needs a clean up day in my opinion. Too much for just one guy. May be being neglected with all the work on "the other side"! Not sure.
nugs

Re: Trash everywhere

Postby tufluk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 am

nugs wrote:Camden One has trash all over. Picked some up the other day when I was there. Needs a clean up day in my opinion. Too much for just one guy. May be being neglected with all the work on "the other side"! Not sure.

I'm sure. :shock:

5 or 6 guys busting azz on Cam 2 EVERY week, improving the course, has absolutely NOTHING to do with litter on Camden 1. :!:
The "other side" is usually pretty clean. Does one suppose that those playing Cam 2 don't litter? Not likely. Those same dolts who cut, burn, and improve on Cam 2 are also CONSTANTLY picking up the usual assortment of beer, water, and gatorade containers. Without much whining.
As far as picking up litter being "too much for just one guy", :?: . I guess that would depend on the guy. A ten spot sez, I could have Cam 1 course litter free in less than 3 hours!!! (Not to say that it wouldn't need it again in a week.)
"Cept I'm kinda busy on the "other side".

Not trying to be mean, but as the Cam 2 crew will tell you, Gene doesn't have to try to be mean, it's his nature. :lol:

What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by littering?
Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, sexual frustrations, sir...
No! He litters. That is his nature. And how do we begin to litter, Clarice? Do we seek out places to litter? No. We begin by littering where we play every day. Dr. Hannibal Lecter explaining human nature.
tufluk

Postby scottydubs1023 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

Gene you work on Cam 2? :lol: your right the litter on c1 is at best minimal for the amount of chucking that course sees a quick walk through would be more than enough to clean this course. Self accountability is all we need to keep these courses clean "nugs". Btw, most, if not everyone one this forum is well aware of the courses appearance and they dont litter, i would suggest voicing your thoughts to the random chuckers that litter the courses you might be have better luck, just sayin. As for gene the man gives every once of time he has to cam 2 and him and everyone that has made that course one the best in the midwest, dont hate celebrate.
PDGA#52332

The art of good business is being a good middle man.
-Eddie Temple
scottydubs1023

Postby nugs » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:27 pm

My message was to nobody specific. But If you think the guys that own 2 dx discs and no bag and plays to have a reason to drink beer is playing camden 2 on a regular basis you are out of your minds. If you can clean camden 1 up in 3 hours why is it not being done????? It cannot be done in that time. There are bottles and cans deep in the brush along the fairways. It needs more than a quick walk through. Maybe the "5 or 6 guys" should spend a half hour apiece on Camden 1. If you "really" think the trash is minimal, you are full of it. I do not litter either, I was just trying to inform the guys that handle that sort of thing. If the shoe fits, wear it. Otherwise don't get offended. Don't want praise, just want the course clean...

P.S. Would be the easiest ten bucks I ever made Tonto!!! :lol:

P.S.S. Scotty, How do you type with your lips on Gene's butt???? :P
nugs

Next

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park