New Course in Davenport

Postby RonRazz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 am

So it will be in the ground right around the time we need to pull it for spring flooding right?
RonRazz

Postby treeMD » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Looks like we may get to play it a bit in the cold and snow of winter before the spring floods get here :roll:

If the baskets are finally done this weekend, will they go out and put them in next week, or are they gonna wait till everything gets done?
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 pm

I don' t know the answer to that.

I do know that the remaining 18 sleeves have been located and need to be put in the ground. If anyone is willing to help out with that, let me know.

When I get a date set to get that done, I'll contact the Parks Manager to see if we can get the baskets in before everything is in place.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm trying to get something set up for this Sunday the 5th at Credit Island. Basically we'd be drilling holes and setting sleeves for 18 pins. It goes pretty quickly if you have two teams of about two or three people working together.

This is contingent on whether or not the City can supply us with and auger, cement, and a 4 wheeler.

If you're interested in feeling good about helping to put the newest course in the Quad Cities in the ground, post up here, or call or text me at 563-676-6686.

Thanks,

John
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Single L » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:I'll contact the Parks Manager to see if we can get the baskets in before everything is in place.

Not my favorite approach to course installation. I've played way too many new courses where Baskets were hastily put in. I will always prefer to play a completed course over a partially completed course with the "promise" of amenities in the near future or down the road. Most times a lot of the needed things never get done because the volunteers are too busy playing their brand new partially completed course.
Single L

Postby Sprague » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 pm

I've been involved in this process since the beginning and John Resch and the Quad Cities Disc Golf Club in cooperation with the City of Davenport have been on top of this project in a very professional way. The City has maintained solid communication with us and have been very quick with making everything come together. Mike Robinson and I have walked the course for over 20hrs trying to design on wide open space with the hopes of future prairie/wetland restoration...I expect that the city will continue to wow us with their cooperation!

There's no doubt in my mind that everything is going as you could only hope with any course installation...great job John and everyone involved!
Sprague

Postby TreeLoveInman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Post something on here if you guys need any more help or help with baskets.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Hows the progress going? Has flooding been bad yet?
hyzerman16234

Postby Dag » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:52 am

River is still on the rise for the next week or so. I don't know specifics on course location at Credit but generally speaking, it looks like things will be pretty soggy there until late April/ early May, longer if its a rainy spring.
Dag

Postby TreeLoveInman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:31 pm

..Yea, we may get to play there by june/july. That's my guess.
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:52 pm

TreeLoveInman wrote:..Yea, we may get to play there by june/july. That's my guess.

I'm guessing the mosquitos will be as bad as Wildcat when the time comes.
hyzerman16234

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:06 am

As many of you know, pads are poured and the baskets (with the exception of hole 4, as we were unable to locate the sleeves) are in.

Chris Sprague and I spent a lot of time out there the past couple weeks trying to nail down the missing pin positions so that the tee signs can be completed and up by this weekend. Ron Rasmussen was a big help to us in locating buried sleeves with his fancy metal detector.

I know a lot of people put time in out here over the last two years to make this a reality, and I really want to thank you all for your time and effort.

Two people that were crucial in developing the design of this course were Mike Robinson, and, of course, Chris Sprague. As evidenced by what we have at Camden II, you can see that Chris really has a great vision and ability to make something great out of what he has available to work with.

Thanks again to all that were involved. Enjoy!
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby anubis080 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 am

Is there anything that we can still help with out there? I mean, even if you guys need some donations I'm in.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Crager » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 am

Lou Siffer wrote:
"Chris Sprague and I spent a lot of time out there the past couple weeks trying to nail down the missing pin positions so that the tee signs can be completed and up by this weekend. Ron Rasmussen was a big help to us in locating buried sleeves with his fancy metal detector."

What if you get the GPS positions for each pin? Would that be easier to find after high water? Or were they buried too much to find.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby IHearChains » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

Lou Siffer wrote:I know a lot of people put time in out here over the last two years to make this a reality, and I really want to thank you all for your time and effort.

+1
Nice work!
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport -- Credit Island