Walnut Ridge Work Night ~ April 13

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Walnut Ridge Work Night ~ April 13

Postby Beerman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 am

We will be having a work night on Wednesday April 13 at Walnut Ridge Park at 5:30 PM.

The Army Corps has provided us with a mulch pile that we need to get taken care of before the park opens on the 15th. The mulch pile is sitting in the parking lot next to hole 1 so that parking lot will be the meeting point.

The more hands we get out there the easier this is going to be, we have about 2 tons worth of mulch to move.

I need one volunteer with a truck to haul mulch as the corp may not have any equipment for us to use and it would be impossible to move the mulch to the back side of the course. Let me know if you are bringing a truck that we can use.

If you have a pitch fork, rake, broom, or a wheel barrow please bring them.

Hope to see you there.
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 am

Will they be opening the gate for us?
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Beerman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 am

SARG27044 wrote:Will they be opening the gate for us?


Long story short, yes. We just need to make sure that everyone is out of the park and that we close and lock the gate.
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

Cool, I was gonna fold if we had to walk all our tools and shtuff all the way to the pile :roll: :lol: From what I saw when I was there this weekend, is its not that much. I think we can spread most of it right there... The path from 18-1 needs a lot, and the rest can be spread on the close tee pads. You could ask them for more and have em dump it by the dumpster over by 10...we can use it all :wink:

But I will be there, even tho you went ahead and scheduled a work day 12 hrs before I leave for GBO :roll: , DICK :lol:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Beerman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 am

SARG27044 wrote:Cool, I was gonna fold if we had to walk all our tools and shtuff all the way to the pile :roll: :lol: From what I saw when I was there this weekend, is its not that much. I think we can spread most of it right there... The path from 18-1 needs a lot, and the rest can be spread on the close tee pads. You could ask them for more and have em dump it by the dumpster over by 10...we can use it all :wink:

But I will be there, even tho you went ahead and scheduled a work day 12 hrs before I leave for GBO :roll: , DICK :lol:


I told the corps that we would not be working if the gate is not open. I am planning on leaving work early to ensure that we have the gate open.

Yes I know we need more mulch, however I dont think we will have time next week to place it so I am going to hold off on the request.

And last but not least, I am leaving Thursday morning for GBO as well, so your complaint has been noted and discarded. Thank you and have a nice day.
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby irban » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 am

Beerman wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Cool, I was gonna fold if we had to walk all our tools and shtuff all the way to the pile :roll: :lol: From what I saw when I was there this weekend, is its not that much. I think we can spread most of it right there... The path from 18-1 needs a lot, and the rest can be spread on the close tee pads. You could ask them for more and have em dump it by the dumpster over by 10...we can use it all :wink:

But I will be there, even tho you went ahead and scheduled a work day 12 hrs before I leave for GBO :roll: , DICK :lol:


I told the corps that we would not be working if the gate is not open. I am planning on leaving work early to ensure that we have the gate open.

Yes I know we need more mulch, however I dont think we will have time next week to place it so I am going to hold off on the request.

And last but not least, I am leaving Thursday morning for GBO as well, so your complaint has been noted and discarded. Thank you and have a nice day.

By the end of the season your team name might be "Bitch Slap".
~~~- ¥
User avatar
irban
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am
Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Beerman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

irban wrote:By the end of the season your team name might be "Bitch Slap".


Why, because that's what we are going to do to all of you that dont show up and help this year :lol:
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

word...a bitch slap from team pee-on
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Beerman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:13 am

Played walnut today and it looks like most of the mulch will need to go to the path between 18 and 1 with another large portion going to 15. We are only going to have a couple of hours to get this done so the more help the better off we will be. Looking to line up to trucks to accomplish this so let me know if you are bringing a truck. Thanks
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines

Postby Beerman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Big thanks goes out to all that helped out tonight, definately couldn't have got it done with out the help.

Watch out for these guys as they will have karma on there side.

Jamie Neuwerth
Steve Adkisson
Casey Coppi
Brad Bathey
Josh Butcher
Joe Cool
Jeremy Reiher
OD
And Mr. Fausch

Forgot to mention the wife and Angie Shepard for keeping litle Henry occupied while poppa joe was busy
User avatar
Beerman
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 am
Location: des moines


Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests