Iowa DG Trip - So nice we did it twice?

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby Single L » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 am

The Donator wrote:You WILL get lost playing Boone, even with the overhead map. Not trying to detract you from playing there, it is amazing, but the fun would be lost trying to find each hole and basket. Just post on here and im sure someone would be willing to join you.

I played Boone for the first time solo with a map I printed off; didn't get lost once. I you have an inkling of common sense and are able to navigate a map and or aerial photo you will be fine.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 am

^^^ This guy makes maps for a living tho :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby arowan21 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 am

The Donator wrote:You WILL get lost playing Boone, even with the overhead map. Not trying to detract you from playing there, it is amazing, but the fun would be lost trying to find each hole and basket. Just post on here and im sure someone would be willing to join you.
just a quick on on this, if you ask donator to join you its a long drive to west des moines to pick him up
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
arowan21

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 am

arowan21 wrote:
just a quick on on this, if you ask donator to join you its a long drive to west des moines to pick him up

fvck off Alex you stole my post. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:59 am

Single L wrote: I you have an inkling of common sense and are able to navigate a map and or aerial photo you will be fine.
Um....this is way too easy....nevermind
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 am

Like I have a fing clue how to get around there :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 pm

arowan21 wrote:
good one alex ssssssssssss
blkwizardsonny

Postby periferalFinn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:20 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:forest city the 21 holer is a must play sik course never been to northwood but forest city is amazing

This is the kind of thing I was hoping to hear. We'll be sure to make Forest City one of the stops on the way down.
periferalFinn

Postby periferalFinn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:Boone is probably not playable right now as it is probably fairly muddy to get around.

Playing Heritage is about as much fun as a root canal.

Just curious, why split the two ames course? I would play them on the same day and then maybe do Big Creek and Walnut on the same day.

OK, Heritage is officially off the table. Pretty funny to read scathing reviews.

We planned on splitting up the 2 Ames courses for a few reasons. Big Creek has a tournament on Saturday (Iowa Team something?). Also, based on the recommendations of Clue as far as course traffic, we're nervous that if we play them both the same day we might not get much play in. Although it could be an option to play them both on Sunday. However that would still leave us wanting to find a course to play on Saturday afternoon. We were planning on Boone but at this point we might give it another 2 years to season and maybe get it's baskets back. So that leaves us up in the air a little for that. We were thinking ISU for that afternoon and then just play Carrol Marty Sunday morning and head home.
periferalFinn

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 am

If you play Ames early, you might have the course to yourself. Like around 8 am or something. After that, the hungover college kids will come out of their holes...lol
SARG27044

Postby periferalFinn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 am

In an effort to consolidate this to one post instead of 3-4 more I'm curious of the condition of all the courses. Just wanted to make sure there isn't any flooding or anything that we need to avoid at Walnut Ridge, Carrol Marty, Stable Run or Boone.

I know, I could have posted in each board but that seemed excessive.
periferalFinn

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:49 am

none that I'm aware of. We didn't have that much snow this year, so (other than the past week) it's been a pretty dry spring so far....
GDL17921

Postby Cydisc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

periferalFinn wrote:In an effort to consolidate this to one post instead of 3-4 more I'm curious of the condition of all the courses. Just wanted to make sure there isn't any flooding or anything that we need to avoid at Walnut Ridge, Carrol Marty, Stable Run or Boone.

I know, I could have posted in each board but that seemed excessive.

Ames courses: will be a bit muddy in spots due to the recent rains. Stable will be better of the two.

Boone: if the creek is high, it'll be a tough trip around the bottom.
Cydisc

Previous

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club