Iowa Wrestling

Sports related topics.

Postby tufluk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am

And after all that they have to wrestle a girl. :?
tufluk

Postby Cydisc » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Dale Jordal wrote:
smalls51691 wrote:................. yes all forfeits and defaults count towards records.............

Your right but those only happen in team meets ( dual or triangulars ). People have to remember that the "byes" at weekend tournaments are not the same as forfeit or default, and those do not count. I would have to think she got most of her wins on the mat and maybe one or two (three at the most) came from a forfeit.

The story in the Register says all 20 wins were on the mat.
Cydisc

Postby grodney » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Refusing to wrestle a girl seems incredibly stupid to me. What am I missing?
grodney

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Principles
tufluk

Postby Cydisc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:33 pm

tufluk wrote:Principles

How do you know Rodney?
Cydisc

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 pm

I don't. Question was asked, answered. My opinion. Worth only the paper it's written on. If I've offended, I'll consider it a courtesy violation and give myself a 1 throw penalty. :oops:

"Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to." any lawyer
tufluk

Postby grodney » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

No, see, that was Steve joking. You said I'm missing principles. He said "Hey how did you know??!?!!". Steve knows I'm un-principled and wondered how you knew.

Anyway, your answer doesn't answer the question. How is refusing to wrestle anything but majorly stupid? Essplain it to me, 'cause I don't get it.
grodney

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

grodney wrote:No, see, that was Steve joking. You said I'm missing principles. He said "Hey how did you know??!?!!". Steve knows I'm un-principled and wondered how you knew.

Anyway, your answer doesn't answer the question. How is refusing to wrestle anything but majorly stupid? Essplain it to me, 'cause I don't get it.

I'm new to this forum. Is it bad form to answer an open ended or rhetorical Question?

I will post a quote from the wrestler who defaulted: “I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cassy and Megan (Black, the tournament’s other female entrant) and their accomplishments. However, wrestling is a combat sport and it can get violent at times. As a matter of conscience and my faith, I do not believe that it is appropriate for a boy to engage a girl in this manner. It is unfortunate that I have been placed in a situation not seen in most of the high school sports in Iowa.”

He refused to wrestle because of his Principles. (Ethics, morals, etc.) One can think they are stupid, but he stood by them. Hindus don't believe in killing or eating animals. I hunt and eat meat. I don't know if either way is wrong or stupid.

Your original question was,"What am I missing?" My answer was, "Principals." I probably should have said "HIS principals." Or maybe not. :lol:
tufluk

Postby Cydisc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm

grodney wrote:No, see, that was Steve joking. You said I'm missing principles. He said "Hey how did you know??!?!!". Steve knows I'm un-principled and wondered how you knew.

I actually get this, but it's not entirely for the reason the kid gave. He cited the combat aspect of the sport, but if you grew up in a "religious" household, you're taught that writhing around with a female is strictly for making babies. I think he's just saving himself for marriage.
Cydisc

Postby grodney » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Okay, wow, that's even stupider than I thought. I repeat, wow.
grodney

Postby irban » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes, not necessarily moral or ethical, but religious principles. I don't fault the guy for pulling out because of his religious principles, or whatever reason he may have had. However, I do take issue with anyone putting this back on the girls. I applaud them for doing what they had to do to compete in this state, as well as for their accomplishments. Must have been tough.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby irban » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Oh, and before anyone labels that a typical liberal stance, ask yourself if you would need to be a liberal to support your own daughter if she wanted to wrestle, or play football.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm

irban wrote: I don't fault the guy for pulling out because of his religious principles

That's what she said.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
irban wrote: I don't fault the guy for pulling out because of his religious principles

That's what she said.

Lmao

"Pull n pray" was the earliest form of birth control. I can confirm that this method has not proven effective
Abe Froman

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

irban wrote:Oh, and before anyone labels that a typical liberal stance, ask yourself if you would need to be a liberal to support your own daughter if she wanted to wrestle, or play football.

I'm not so sure. Mr Cutler was 110% supportive of his daughter playing football, and look how that turned out. :lol:

My 19 year old son is a result of the "don't pull and pray" method of birth control.
tufluk

PreviousNext

Return to Sports