paths plowed at clark

paths plowed at clark

Postby natohammy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am

just wanted to let all know hiawatha has agreed to plow a route through the course for us. i know its late in the season to get too excited about it but they have thrown it on their regular schedule for plowing so it should be almost counted on regularly from here on out, next year and so on included. i know it kinda messes up some fresh snow for finding ease but i think its definitely made up in ease of walking. i would love some reviews or feelings of others just to see the general thoughts on the idea so please respond if youve seen the work and let me know what ya think so i can call them off if it bugs peeps more than less.
natohammy

Re: paths plowed at clark

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 am

got a text about this a couple days ago. a few of us are gonna try to get out to clean the pads and play a round today, i'll let you know
medicinal funk

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 pm

some of the pads we managed to clear, but a lot of them are proper fucked by the plows. compacted down pretty tight. the cleared paths are alright, sort of makes it easier to get around and cuts down on footprints mucking up your entry points. it was a nice idea, yeah, but it's basically buried a lot of the pads
medicinal funk

Postby natohammy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:15 pm

i asked to be contacted when it was to be plowed for the 1st time so i could be present to try to avoid any actual driving over pads but more around the sides of them. they told me no problem, then a day and a half later i got a call saying it was all finished and to let them know over time what peeps thought. im gonna meet out there some time with them to try and offer a few touch ups. that should get better as time goes on. obviously though it prob wont come into play much more this year but im glad it got a start this year so next year should be guaranteed.
natohammy

Postby natohammy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

fyi, my original question was if they could run that side walk plow around to try to minimize the width of the trail a lil bit but beggers cant be choosers right. also i had a great suggestion today for some one to kinda sorta politely blackmail another near by city to do they same as hiawatha for one of there courses. itd be a pretty neat trend id think
natohammy

Postby natohammy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 pm

fyi, my original question was if they could run that side walk plow around to try to minimize the width of the trail a lil bit but beggers cant be choosers right. also i had a great suggestion today for some one to kinda sorta politely blackmail another near by city to do they same as hiawatha for one of there courses. itd be a pretty neat trend id think
natohammy

Postby medicinal funk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:27 am

plus, if you want a REAL challenge, all spots on the fairway that haven't been hit by the plow are OB. good luck :)
medicinal funk

Return to Hiawatha - Fay Clark