sportszone sunday toss around once every few weeks

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

sportszone sunday toss around once every few weeks

Postby natohammy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

just curious what people thought about the idea of renting out sportszone indoor soccer field for a couple hrs once every few weeks or so. if 15 peeps split it down the middle it would work out to $5/hr per person. just trying to get an honest head count.
natohammy

Postby Melvins420 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Go by yourself and prove to the world that you're the most dedicated disc golfer, even though you're not gay.
Melvins420

Postby AO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:44 pm

When you planning on doing this next?
AO

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Anyone wanna tell that sports zone guy Chuck off for Greg and I? We took off every thrusday night between now and march and this is how he treats us...sigh.
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Detra319 wrote:Anyone wanna tell that sports zone guy Chuck off for Greg and I? We took off every thrusday night between now and march and this is how he treats us...sigh.

? did you guys get booted?
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Is the guy just a bad businessman or did he see the state of mind that some were in? It was at like 9pm so I'm sure of few were good and ripped.
AO

sz

Postby natohammy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:14 pm

i really cant explain how its all went down besides extremely disapointing. i went into it with absolutely 0 expectations, pushed nothing whatsoever, i was clear about the feed back i was receiving from people and kept everything down to earth, and he has basically 100% blown me off. im not aware of anything we might have done to turn him off of the idea. i dont think anyone bothered him that night we were in there at all. i spoke with him a couple times after that time and he sounded more excited about it than he did prior to that night. i wouldn't be as disappointed if he had not got so excited about it all so early on. he was by far the one pushing the deal back in mid to late december and since then he has put me off on getting a night for 3 weeks in a row, then not returned my call for the 2 weeks following that. i think what happened was he talked way over his head on what he could do for us and now feels ashamed to talk due to promising way more than he could pull. ive had a busy few weeks, been outta town for 2 of em, but ill make a few calls to some local gyms and try and get some space for some throw arounds still this winter but i think im gonna let the league thing go for this winter and just get an earlier start on it next year. nothing hurt. sorry to get everyones hopes up that showed interest, especially the ones who changed their schedules to try and make it work. im pretty embarrassed about it all to be honest so please dont hold it against me. trust me as well, i tryed to answere all questions as honest and short as possible to keep all interest going without being misleading. if i get any other place in line within the next few weeks or so ill definitely keep it posted and let all know all options.
natohammy

Postby Detra319 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Definitely not you Nate, thanks for the work you put into it. We kinda understand your side of it, which is why I blamed the sportszone guy.
Detra319

Postby AO » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 am

That's too bad. It sounded like it was going to be a really good thing. I checked into the GWE Sports Center but it is wwwaaayyy too much $. Maybe you could try there, but don't know if the guy will budge on their price.
AO

Postby robizm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am

Who did you talk with @ the Sportszone? I play indoor soccer there on Wed nights . The current owner is Mike Konchar and they rent out their soccer/basketball to Heartland Soccer, I think the guy running that side of things is Scott something.....

The main guy @ GWE is Matt Siders, I know him personally from coaching Linn Mar soccer with him along time ago. He is a bit of an ego maniac and can be difficult to work with, but they have the space to accomodate for sure
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby natohammy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 pm

i was dealing with dave kea, im pretty sure he works for the soccer clubs to try the keep things organized. mike konchar is my best friends uncle, he (my buddy) wanted to hook me up with him a couple months ago but i told him i didnt want any favors and wanted to do things in regular order. looking back that was probly where i went wrong. from what ive heard mike basically stays outta things but i could be wrong. Do you think it would be worth talking to him? and if so do u have any connection to him better than i do?
natohammy

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm

sounds like a good avenue to me.

in business, it's not what you know...
rather who you blow. er i mean know (both apply)

talk to yer buddy and go there with him. i'll go if you want a diplomat to help out.
Abe Froman

Postby robizm » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:38 am

I don't know Mike that well but from what I hear he likes to have alot of say in everything around there....

Where were you going to putt at? on the bball courts there ? And what day(s) and time(s) ?

But yeah, who you know in these situations really helps as long as you dont burn that bridge with your buddy :)
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby IHearChains » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

Abe Froman wrote:i'll go if you want a diplomat to help out.

Abe Froman wrote:ive been repping the jets since 98' bitch. do you cry yourself to sleep knowing you're still a virgin living in your mom's basement and could pass for a highschool kid? dont f with me sonny, you already sound like a dipshit, dont make it worse on yourself

Who knows, this just might work!!
:lol:
IHearChains

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am

the difference between some kid talking shit, and actual grown up business relations are 2 different situations. i might be an AM in dg, but i'm a PRO in the game of life :wink:
Abe Froman

Next

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids