Course Grand Opening

Course Grand Opening

Postby prodiscgolf » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:32 pm

It's now official, the day before the Inaugural Peninsula Park Open, we'll be having Grand Opening ceremonies at 3:00 Friday 3/30. We're going to try to set up a celebrity pro/am doubles with City staff, P&R staff, P&R Commissioners, sponsors, and anyone else we can get to play 9 holes for the fun of it after we announce it's open. I'm hoping we'll make a big deal out of it too in the papers and TV. It's probably March Madness time, but hopefully we can get some attention.

We have lots of details to figure out, but it's a start.
prodiscgolf

Peninsula Grand Opening Postponed

Postby prodiscgolf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:09 pm

I regret to have to say that we’re going to postpone the Grand Opening previously scheduled for 3/30 in the afternoon because the Iowa River is out of its banks and on the course. From what we can see, there isn’t much damage – nothing’s washed away that we can tell – though some tee pads are under water still.

We will reschedule the Grand Opening for another Friday afternoon as soon as the water recedes and it appears we’re in the clear.

We will still be hosting the Inaugural Peninsula Park Open on Saturday 3/31 and will have to utilize some temporary holes to accommodate the tourney. If the water recedes enough by then we will play the course as laid out, but most likely, we’ll be changing some of the southern holes to keep everything as dry as we can. Feel free to stop by and see how things are going and to watch the competition if you’re not entered in the event. We believe we will have a full field of 90 competitors on the course.

Thanks for your patience and your support! I’ll be in touch as soon as we schedule another date.
prodiscgolf

Postby Kelly K » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:18 am

Well, I know it's short notice, but the Grand Opening of the Peninsula Park DGC is today at 3:00, for anyone interested in attending!!!!!
We're going to play 9 holes after the ceremony to show people who don't know and are interested how to play. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us a little bit.

kelly
Kelly K

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park