Someone needs to...

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Someone needs to...

Postby CalebP » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 am

Someone needs to address the issue with registering to be a user on the forum. I reg'd about a year ago and I had to go through and find the email one of the admins and had to email them 4 or 5 times to get through. They had to approve my account which I had sent a month ago.

Granted it shouldnt be an 100% open forum, but havent to email some clandestine user to join shouldnt be an issue. I have sent messages to the main admins of the forum about adding moderators and administrators and I was told they'd look into it. I checked back 3 times with no response. Ive already volunteered to do so.

Also when there are 80 views to a post in 2 days on a league forum with no responses.... that seems like they might not be able to register, but are still using the forum. Thoughts?
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby Ferch » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:49 am

If you have a problem with the site pm MDR, or drift...
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 am

MDR and Balk (if hes still around?) aren't running this site to make money. It is for Iowa and surrounding area's golfers' benefits. Chillax, youll be fine...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby CalebP » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:14 am

NonStop_Boom wrote:If you have a problem with the site pm MDR, or drift...

This is difficult if you cant get your account activated...

The Donator wrote:MDR and Balk (if hes still around?) aren't running this site to make money. It is for Iowa and surrounding area's golfers' benefits. Chillax, youll be fine...

Right. Which is why I volunteered to help.

Ive had fellow golfers say that they cant get there account activated and cant find the email or by that time cant remember there username

edit: Theres definetly people willing to help and put in time. Im just saying does Iowa want a cobwebbed half assed site or a real legit site? This cant be an open/active forum when its difficult to become a user.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am

CalebP wrote:
NonStop_Boom wrote:If you have a problem with the site pm MDR, or drift...

This is difficult if you cant get your account activated...

The Donator wrote:MDR and Balk (if hes still around?) aren't running this site to make money. It is for Iowa and surrounding area's golfers' benefits. Chillax, youll be fine...

Right. Which is why I volunteered to help.

Ive had fellow golfers say that they cant get there account activated and cant find the email or by that time cant remember there username

edit: Theres definetly people willing to help and put in time. Im just saying does Iowa want a cobwebbed half assed site or a real legit site? This cant be an open/active forum when its difficult to become a user.

Im sure they will fix the problem asap, its the weekend...they are probably bowling right now...after MDR gets his 700+ score figured out, you guys will be fine :)
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 pm

i went through the same shiat so it is obviously a problem but it got handled for me finally after year lol like aaron said they r doing it for free and our sakes so just pm wheatbread robinson he'll help u out
blkwizardsonny

Postby Conrad 37988 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

IMO we are very lucky to have a site like this. If it takes an email or 2, or 3 to get registered, so be it.
Conrad 37988

Postby CalebP » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Which brings up another good point... I would be in for putting in money to support the site...like 10.00-20.00 a year. I use a few other forums and one of them actually has a monthly paypal deduction and I think they have an average of 80.00 a month donated.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby irban » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Sounds like the service isn't worth paying for. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby iowapat » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:48 pm

CalebP wrote:Which brings up another good point... I would be in for putting in money to support the site...like 10.00-20.00 a year. I use a few other forums and one of them actually has a monthly paypal deduction and I think they have an average of 80.00 a month donated.

Bang Bros?
If you're gonna sell chicken, I pray to hell you're cooking it right
iowapat

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm

There is a post stickied in "Stuff" to tell you what to do if you need help with your account. I know it's hard to manually enter in an email address, but I don't use the email address that's attached to the site that often.

Caleb, if you want me to give you admin privs and forward all the requests to your email..I'll do it. Send me a PM with an email addy you want me to use. Let me know when it becomes too much.

And while you're in there, there's about 37,000 spam users...if you wouldn't mind deleting them while you're at it.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Re: Someone needs to...

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 pm

CalebP wrote:
Also when there are 80 views to a post in 2 days on a league forum with no responses.... that seems like they might not be able to register, but are still using the forum. Thoughts?

Spammers.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey mike with all the hits this thing gets per day, have you thought of placing a little more time into the google ads and letting everyone know the rules and how it actually works? You could easily make a Iowadg.com bonus at tournaments and work days as long as people weren't retards.
Sniper26

Postby irban » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:48 am

Sniper26 wrote: as long as people weren't retards.

I'm not optimistic.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby CalebP » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 pm

trying to help not hurt. Were all here for disc golf. I have access to email at work when there is downtime. Ill setup an email and PM you

Also something im curious about how much does it cost to keep the site and forum online per year roughly?
CalebP
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ask the State Coordinator