Bowl Season

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 pm

discgolfduval wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Well then the ranking system needs to be changed. Right now you get your rank by a number of ways. Mostly having to do with a human vote deciding where to place you. Until there is a fair way of ranking teams, your idea wont work either.

I agree with you here Tyler. As far as determining a National Champion though, if you had 8 teams. Every team that deserves a shot at the title would get it. Id rather be squabbling over who the 8 and 9 teams are versus who the 1 and 2 teams are. You'd have more meaningful games(right now there is just one). Then you can still have the other 67 bowl games and they will still be exactly what they are right now...meaningless.

Oh I agree 100% that a playoff is the answer, however I don't think its going to happen anytime soon. Hence the reason for my above post. Its far from a playoff, but a lot better than what we have now.
Single L

Postby 10up » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:19 pm

if the BCS didn't allow teams to play "teams" like youngstown state, sacramento college, or whoever else the Chuck then you wouldn't have many teams going undefeated.

I really think that's a big issue. I always applauded USC and Pete Carrol while he was there. In all the years they maintained a top BCS rank they have never once played a non FBS Div. 1 opponent. Meanwhile Alabama and Florida are in their respective houses beating on LuEllen School of Beauty... That's what needs to change. The Bowls never will.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby bman12449 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Ole sweater vest was on Dan Patrick last week, and he thinks there will be a playoff within 5 years. I like most of you cant stand the current system, This has to be the worst bowl season ever. The thing that irritates me is teams like Boise St,TCU can't really get a fair deal. We need more teams Va Tech that are willling to play these teams, but most schools opt for a scrimmage team in fear they might lose. The worst part is usually that school will have to play the one the road 3/4 of matchups.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby AO » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am

Championship game was fun to watch. Refs definately got the call right at the end. Score came up a little short of the over-under which was 73.5. I also thought there were some pretty good bowl games. Better than I thought it was going to be.
AO

Postby 10up » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 am

Frito-Lay would like us to know they had nothing to do with Brent Musburger's "this is for all the Tostito's"at the end of the BCS National Championship
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Previous

Return to Sports