sunday sportszone

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

sunday sportszone

Postby natohammy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:57 pm

i want to rent out the sportszone bballl court tomorrow (sunday the 19th) if i get enough people down to help chip in and accompany me in some indoor tossing. come january we will probly have the chance to get time on the soccer field but for now im pretty sure i could pull off the bball court just about anytime of day all week for the most part. the longest shot possible in there is probly no where over 100' but they are begging us to use the space for anything in there and they have no cares what we do. they kick balls full speed into the walls for instance. my point is its only 50 bucks an hour and totally available. might as well use it till january to see what kind of #'s were talking about so we know what kind of revenue we have to work with. anywho, if anyone is down to rent it with me tomorrow hit me up thru texting me at 3195333120 and let me know what time would work best for you and ill see if we have enough people to keep it reasonoably cheap and see what times work out best for more people. please text, sounds like a ton of fun! btw, im nathan hamilton.
natohammy

Postby Crager » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Anybody take you up on this ? We were at Shaver from 9 till 3:30 , need a little more heads up if you want to get a group to make it worth it .
Being outside is the best though. :)
Crager

Postby Detra319 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I heard this is going to happen again on Wednesday night this week. I'm in, as well as Greg and some others of us. We will come with at least 4 of us.
Detra319

Postby gpdigity » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

i talked to nate last night and also today and we are meeting at sportszone wed night at 10pm- possible 1am. he will post the details im sure but this is happening so spread the word.

pretty sure we are just renting the basketball cout the first time till we generate interest
gpdigity

Postby natohammy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Crager wrote:Anybody take you up on this ? We were at Shaver from 9 till 3:30 , need a little more heads up if you want to get a group to make it worth it .
Being outside is the best though. :)
i agree, i definitely prefer outside at all times but i do think it would be great to still get some regular reps with a dry disc at a descent temp to save adjusting come spring. and yeah i knew it was short term but just was trying to get it started up so it can hopefully get a lil more organized b4 we get too deep into winter and run out of time to get a rhythm. had a lot of convos randomly throughout the day but never enough at once to consider it. i got a lil frantic about starting like that cuz dave kea with sportszone offered the gym for a couple hours for only 45 bucks so i figured what the hell. he did extend his offer onto wed. also so we are going there on wednesday at 1000pm till midnight.
natohammy

Postby Detra319 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm

I will be there tonight along with Drew and Greg and Mumma and my buddy Andy for sure.
Detra319

Postby AO » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Heres the league format Liz Carr sent me.

There are eight stations to throw 50 putts. Groups of three to four move through the eight stations, similar to course flow. I have four baskets right now.. which seems to work for about 20 people.
My stations are set at 10, 13, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40. Although I might add more later. There are 50 putts from these stations with the bigger chunk of them landing around 20-25'. Different points for each distance (I just came up with points off the top of my head... 2, 3, 4 ... )

So... from each station they get a different number of attempts, which is detailed out on a piece of masking tape on the floor at 10' 13' and so on. The 10' tape reads: '10' 4putts 2points' and their individual scorecards read the same. If a player and his group got up to the 10' line and he made 2 putts, he would get 4 points out of the eight available.

Players finish and turn cards into me. Maximum points are 220.
AO

Postby gpdigity » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 am

we had a great turnout last night and was alot of fun.

i think we had 15 people there at one point. which is sweet for a short notice wed at 10 pm.

keep spreading the word and more info on next throw around date to come.
gpdigity

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids