Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Des Moines 2007 Leagues

Postby Freddie19760 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 am

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere:(

What’s up with Leagues this year??

I heard there will be 3 leagues??

Monday – Singles??
Tuesday – Doubles??
I heard these will be handicapped as well. I assume nothing changing with the A, B, C divisions??

Any truth to any of this?? Just curious. Also it looks like we are starting League the first week in May. Why are we not taking advantage of the moving up of Day Light Savings?? A few years ago we would start League the week after we got back from Bowling Green. i.e……2nd week of April.

Thursday – Shane’s Throwdown

I guess it may actually be 4 counting the Humdinger on Wednesday’s.
Freddie19760

Re: Des Moines 2007 Leagues

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Freddie19760 wrote:Sorry if this is already posted somewhere:(

What’s up with Leagues this year??

I heard there will be 3 leagues??

Monday – Singles??
Tuesday – Doubles??
I heard these will be handicapped as well. I assume nothing changing with the A, B, C divisions??

Any truth to any of this?? Just curious. Also it looks like we are starting League the first week in May. Why are we not taking advantage of the moving up of Day Light Savings?? A few years ago we would start League the week after we got back from Bowling Green. i.e……2nd week of April.

Thursday – Shane’s Throwdown

I guess it may actually be 4 counting the Humdinger on Wednesday’s.

Where have you been the last four months :lol: :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Freddie19760 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:16 pm

What's up Steve!!

I been chillin' just waiting for the weather to break. Jonesin' to play and even more wanting to go to BG, but that ain't happenin :(

GVCC!!!
Freddie19760

Postby sorearm » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Frizzle!!!! Sure after football season you show up :evil:

Did any of this get discussed at the meeting?
________
Roor Bong
Last edited by sorearm on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorearm

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:34 pm

It did, but i don't want to be mis-quoted, so I'll let Tim & Amanda cover it per the official notes, etc...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Or you could ask me because I probably know everything.
10up

Postby Joe Cool » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:58 pm

OK. Since all of you disc golf nut jobs have no time for practice due to “cold” and sit around reading this all day here is a little more information.

Shane is going to move his league to Mondays. I don’t know when he is starting so ask him. I am willing to bet it will start before the club leagues though so take advantage and practice up.

The club leagues will start Tuesday April 24th and Thursday the 26th with the sign up nights. Right now these are only sign up nights however I would consider turning them into a regular night for score if a lot of people show up. Doubles on Tuesday and Singles on Thursday will follow until Labor Day. I strongly encourage all reading this to be there for the first night as it may net you some points and it will make my job much easer the following week.

I will post a full schedule and format very soon (Be Patient).

Note to those who want league to start as soon as there is no snow and especially when daylight savings time starts: Due to the fact that there were 399 players the first 4 weeks last year daylight is a major concern. I don’t know how all of you feel but I have finished league in the dark and I hate it. I also don’t want to cap the first few weeks to a low number just because people are itching to play and I can. Depending on how things go this year I will consider it for next year. Take advantage of the 6 week warm up and see if you can’t carry it all the way to the end.

Feel free to contact me with any and all questions or concerns. I like to talk about Disc golf. You can call me during the day at 515-289-9992, you can PM me if you like, or you can E-mail me at discgolfer18482@yahoo.com. My name is Joe Wiley and I work for Liberty Doors so don’t get shy when I answer the phone that way.
Joe Cool

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Joe, WORD!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Freddie19760 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am

May net points at the first signup night?? So is League changing the format??

As far as playing in the dark, we play in the dark the last weeks of league anyway. That's even with a lesser turnout usually because some people don't stay in for the whole season thing. I don't see what it matters, but that's me.

I suggest yellow or white for night play. It's always treated me fine. That or throw straight.

See ya all in the dark!! Or maybe I won't :?

GVCC
Freddie19760

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club