2011 USDGC - Iowa Rep

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm

That was a joke directed torwards Philips....
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:You also dont have to play every event on the schedule. They only take your best 7 or so finishes. I think this is the best way to show who has been the most consistent thru out the year. And if you cant afford to play 7 c-b tiers in a year, why do you think you could afford to go to the USDGC? I dont really think its a select few that can afford it since there are the same 30 plus people at all tournys every week.


some can afford the cost just not the time to drive to 2-3 hours every weekend for the dsm tour


not that i would ever do either, but some of us are grown ups with kids and responsibilities

id say pick the top 4-5 events in iowa and come up with some points sysytem to vilify the results. but relying on all of the 20 some "ia" tour stops and points to add up is sillyness. if that was the case jay could possibly get it :lol:


Chuck off, Jay should get it. Oh, and for the record, since you seem to have a skewed view of the "dsm tour":

The Iowa tour consisted of 12 events in 2010.

Osky
Lamoni
Peninsula Meltdown (IC too far for you Stiers?)
Rumble - QC - further for dsm than you
Devil's Glenn - QC
Colfax
DSM Open
Atlantic
Waterloo
Forest City
Grandview
Ottumwa

So whenever you get done calling it the dsm tour, maybe you'll realize that 5 of the 12 events are closer to you than me. Oh, I almost forgot to mention why I should win it, I won the IA tour in advanced and only played 6 of the 11 events.

And the Tigers are gonna smash the suckeyes on 12/28. Nice wide receiver. That is all. :lol:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:45 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Or what if you slip and hurt yourself during warmups :wink: ? Wouldnt you like another chance to redeem yourself if you just couldnt perform up to your standards one week? I know I would


That is why I suggested 5. That way if you would happen to have to withdraw from the tourney for whatever reason, you still have a few more chances to try. I think that allowing every single IT event to be considered is too open ended. If you are serious about wanting to qualify, you would make sure you're at every possible one of those 5 to give yourself the best chance.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:51 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote: If you are serious about wanting to qualify, you would make sure you're at every possible one of those 5 to give yourself the best chance.
I could say the same for the IA TOUR....
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby cgkdisc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm unclear how you would rank performances of Iowa players in different divisions using your proposed best X out of Y approach when players from several different divisions will qualify to play at this USDGC? Anyone with a rating of 850 or higher can enter the USDGC if they qualify or are a designated rep from a state. Would you really want to track every player's (850 rating or higher) average tournament rating regardless of division in relation to their current rating at the time of each event in the series and select their X best net ratings differences from those Y events they played?
cgkdisc
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Postby Single L » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 pm

After further review the current USDGC bid is awarded after the DM Open which was the 7th event of the IA Tour this year, which is how many events are counted in your total out of the 12. So really you have to play everyone of them to have a chance for the USDGC ..... so no mulligans. So really you would actually have to play fewer events (albeit mostly 2 day events) with larger and usually stronger fields to prove your worth in the fewer and bigger format.

And PS ....... it was the second hole of the tournament :wink:
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby cgkdisc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 pm

FYI - Harold has suggested all the events involved in the big Global DG Tournament on Aug 19-21 can be USDGC qualifiers.
cgkdisc
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 pm

:lol: I got yours beat tho... Mine was on a mulligan throw and left me S.O.L all summer
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm

SARG27044 wrote:That was a joke directed torwards Philips....

I know, i just wanted a chance to use that gif, which I will get to use again since no one saw it as the last post on a page...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Like_Water » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm

cgkdisc wrote:FYI - Harold has suggested all the events involved in the big Global DG Tournament on Aug 19-21 can be USDGC qualifiers.


So, we have 2 USDGC qualifiers, neither of which anyone really knows how it is going to turn out until AFTER the events?

Why does it seem we are going backwards with this event?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby cgkdisc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Not sure new ideas means going backwards. Seems progressive to me.
cgkdisc
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Postby GaW27166 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:You also dont have to play every event on the schedule. They only take your best 7 or so finishes. I think this is the best way to show who has been the most consistent thru out the year. And if you cant afford to play 7 c-b tiers in a year, why do you think you could afford to go to the USDGC? I dont really think its a select few that can afford it since there are the same 30 plus people at all tournys every week.


some can afford the cost just not the time to drive to 2-3 hours every weekend for the dsm tour


not that i would ever do either, but some of us are grown ups with kids and responsibilities

id say pick the top 4-5 events in iowa and come up with some points sysytem to vilify the results. but relying on all of the 20 some "ia" tour stops and points to add up is sillyness. if that was the case jay could possibly get it :lol:


Chuck off, Jay should get it. Oh, and for the record, since you seem to have a skewed view of the "dsm tour":

The Iowa tour consisted of 12 events in 2010.

Osky
Lamoni
Peninsula Meltdown (IC too far for you Stiers?)
Rumble - QC - further for dsm than you
Devil's Glenn - QC
Colfax
DSM Open
Atlantic
Waterloo
Forest City
Grandview
Ottumwa

So whenever you get done calling it the dsm tour, maybe you'll realize that 5 of the 12 events are closer to you than me. Oh, I almost forgot to mention why I should win it, I won the IA tour in advanced and only played 6 of the 11 events.

And the Tigers are gonna smash the suckeyes on 12/28. Nice wide receiver. That is all. :lol:


True story
User avatar
GaW27166
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 pm

damn, I was hoping I could round up some action. :twisted:
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:27 pm

GDL17921 wrote:damn, I was hoping I could round up some action. :twisted:
Our bet is still on!!!
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

GDL17921 wrote:damn, I was hoping I could round up some action. :twisted:

I have some ex's #'s if you really need them...for a price of course
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests