2011 USDGC - Iowa Rep

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 am

The Donator wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:You also dont have to play every event on the schedule. They only take your best 7 or so finishes. I think this is the best way to show who has been the most consistent thru out the year. And if you cant afford to play 7 c-b tiers in a year, why do you think you could afford to go to the USDGC? I dont really think its a select few that can afford it since there are the same 30 plus people at all tournys every week.

You are contradicting yourself here, and cost isnt and shouldnt be an issue. I should have taken "money" out of my original post.
How so?
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am

Nm....
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am

SARG27044 wrote:You also dont have to play every event on the schedule. They only take your best 7 or so finishes. I think this is the best way to show who has been the most consistent thru out the year. And if you cant afford to play 7 c-b tiers in a year, why do you think you could afford to go to the USDGC? I dont really think its a select few that can afford it since there are the same 30 plus people at all tournys every week.


some can afford the cost just not the time to drive to 2-3 hours every weekend for the dsm tour


not that i would ever do either, but some of us are grown ups with kids and responsibilities

id say pick the top 4-5 events in iowa and come up with some points sysytem to vilify the results. but relying on all of the 20 some "ia" tour stops and points to add up is sillyness. if that was the case jay could possibly get it :lol:
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 am

http://www.iowadiscgolf.info/Iowa_Tour/SCHEdULE.html

Out of the 12 events scheduled this year, 2 were in DM. Far from a "DSM TOUR" IMO. And you guys keep saying lets change it to 4-5 events....Well if you came to 4-5 IA tour events and won or placed high enough, you'd be right in the running for the exemption. I understand people have things that get in the way of coming to tourny's. but those things will still be a problem when you take a week off of work, away from family to attend the USDGC.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 am

If one only wanted to play the select 3-4-5 tournies INSTEAD of playing 40 or whatever events, planning to place well in those 3-4-5 and saving the money from the other tournies to go to the USDGC.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 am

The Donator wrote:If one only wanted to play the select 3-4-5 tournies INSTEAD of playing 40 or whatever events, planning to place well in those 3-4-5 and saving the money from the other tournies to go to the USDGC.
And you can have your choice of events to play with the IA tour. Instead of a set 3-4-5 weekends, you have 12 to choose from that work best for you. You dont have to play them all.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby cgkdisc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 am

You should consider having your qualifier as that event you've been talking about on West Lake with the tricked out monster 18 holes, maybe some rope OB and using the throw and distance rule. Whoever shoots best above their current rating gets the Iowa USDGC slot.
cgkdisc
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 am

I think that you take 5 tournaments on the IT, and make them USDGC qualifier events for the state rep spot. Then of those 5, take a persons best 3 qualifiers for those 5 events.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby Sniper26 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:11 am

With the new handicapped system in place for the odd years should this be limited to the open division?
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

Sniper26 wrote:With the new handicapped system in place for the odd years should this be limited to the open division?
That is a good question. IMO, on years with the usual system Id say we would want to send the best person we could to represent IA. But in off years with the handi system, I could agree that everyone should have a shot. Probably would have to do something besides the IA tour to decide that tho. Maybe something along the lines of what Chuck said. Having a big event, to where the person that played the highest above their rating be given the exemption. That could be a problem tho, with people who's ratings are more inflated than others. A person who plays in 20 events rating is probably a little more accurate than the guy who has the minimum amount of rounds played to have a rating.
Last edited by SARG27044 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:I think that you take 5 tournaments on the IT, and make them USDGC qualifier events for the state rep spot. Then of those 5, take a persons best 3 qualifiers for those 5 events.

Exactly. Theres no need to play a dozen+ events...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am

The Donator wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:I think that you take 5 tournaments on the IT, and make them USDGC qualifier events for the state rep spot. Then of those 5, take a persons best 3 qualifiers for those 5 events.

Exactly. Theres no need to play a dozen+ events...
You dont have to :roll:. But with the Ia tour you can have a bad day and still qualify.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Single L » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:I think that you take 5 tournaments on the IT, and make them USDGC qualifier events for the state rep spot. Then of those 5, take a persons best 3 qualifiers for those 5 events.

Exactly. Theres no need to play a dozen+ events...
You dont have to :roll:. But with the Ia tour you can have a bad day and still qualify.


They aren't disagreeing with you don't need to play every event to qualify. What they're saying is that you shouldn't have to play a dozen events just so your odds of qualifying are better.

I agree with them ....... fewer and bigger events.
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Thats fine. Im not angry. Ask yourself this question tho... They are saying that 3 big events are better than a dozen. Now those events will be on set weekends. They are also saying people dont have the time/money to attend all of these. I get it. But what would be easier for someone who cant get out every weekend, or dont have the money on that certain weekend, and has to choose which events to play? Having a dozen choices? Or having to make these 3 events no matter when and where they are? If you're sick or have family issues one of the weeks you're screwed. You have no chance if just 1 week doesnt work for you. Thats all im trying to say.

Or what if you slip and hurt yourself during warmups :wink: ? Wouldnt you like another chance to redeem yourself if you just couldnt perform up to your standards one week? I know I would
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby The Donator » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:37 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Or what if you slip and hurt yourself during warmups :wink: ? Wouldnt you like another chance to redeem yourself if you just couldnt perform up to your standards one week? I know I would


Image
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests