Innova disc variation

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Innova disc variation

Postby CalebP » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 am

For all Innova lovers, im with you. I throw 90% Innova.

From what ive experienced (and heard) Innova has issues with weight measurement and classification. For instance, I have a couple of the same weight discs..... 2008 171 pro wraith and a 2010 171 pro wraith and the 2008 is almost gummy and thin and the 2010 is stiff, thick and most of the weight is on the rim. IMHO the Innova has the best molds, but do you think it comes at some cost at consistency? At least from your experiences. Obviously plastics change, and we are in a time of having some newer discs.

PS weighing your own discs borders on obsessive, but I think im going to buy a scale.. :idea:
CalebP
Site Admin

Re: Innova disc variation

Postby johnemus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

CalebP wrote:For all Innova lovers, im with you. I throw 90% Innova.

From what ive experienced (and heard) Innova has issues with weight measurement and classification. For instance, I have a couple of the same weight discs..... 2008 171 pro wraith and a 2010 171 pro wraith and the 2008 is almost gummy and thin and the 2010 is stiff, thick and most of the weight is on the rim. IMHO the Innova has the best molds, but do you think it comes at some cost at consistency? At least from your experiences. Obviously plastics change, and we are in a time of having some newer discs.

PS weighing your own discs borders on obsessive, but I think im going to buy a scale.. :idea:

I find gateway's runs to be more inconsistent than innova, at least from what I've seen and heard-mainly their putters
johnemus

Postby Unity » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Every company has inconsistencies from run to run. I've yet to find a company that doesn't. I have noticed that CFR or other tournament/custom stamped discs seem to receive special attention, leaving them with less variants.
Unity

Return to Innova