Discmania DD2 Frenzy driver

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Discmania DD2 Frenzy driver

Postby z-man » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:29 pm

I recently won a first run Pro DD2 driver at the So-Cal Championships and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I haven't heard much about them other than they are something of a cross between the Katana and Boss...Feels like there is a shallow groove on the top of the flight plate as well. Read some offhand reviews about it being a longer disc than either the Katana or Boss...Rivaling the Nuke for sheer distance.

Anyone thrown these yet?? It feels pretty sick in my hand but I don't really have any courses around here to chuck it on...

For reference...
https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/in ... ductId=458
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby anubis080 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:40 pm

From my limited throws with it, it's pretty understable. On a good hyzerflip it got out there same distance backhand as my nukes.

Forehand flip = huge lol.
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby arowan21 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 pm

it is a nice driver, easy to throw, but might be flippy for some of the bigger throwers
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
arowan21

Postby bambino78 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:14 pm

i got this in the c line and it is pretty stable but i only throw between 300-350 cant wait tell i get this thing broke in and see how it flys
let it fly b****
bambino78

Postby RelentlessLefty » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 am

I am using this driver more and more in the p-line and s-line. This driver for me gives me (for me) huge distance on non windy days or with a tail wind. I love the distance and the control with the dd2. (i have a c-line as well, but the extra stability makes it act like my pro boss, and I like the pro plastic better)With a head wind i typically use a pro boss. Does anyone else still keep these in their bag except for me? I am guessing the reason I never see people throw these is because of the instability? Or because people like star bosses better...
RelentlessLefty

Postby laubdog93 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 pm

there are a lot of people in ames that have them in their bags, it is supposed to be in between a katana and a boss. It is great when it get beat in, super easy to control and adjust for in headwinds. if you are looking for something longer i would recommend a cannon from legacy.
laubdog93

Return to Innova