2011 Tournament Schedule

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 am

Just make it 6 rounds (2,2,2) 6 courses. That will certainly shy away some of those complaining pros :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:09 am

Buzzznation wrote:Just make it 6 rounds (2,2,2) 6 courses. That will certainly shy away some of those complaining pros :lol:

No, like most people they would still come and just complain about it the whole time. Just like they all complained about stroke and distance but you certainly didn't see anyone drop out.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:14 am

Clue wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:Just make it 6 rounds (2,2,2) 6 courses. That will certainly shy away some of those complaining pros :lol:

No, like most people they would still come and just complain about it the whole time. Just like they all complained about stroke and distance but you certainly didn't see anyone drop out.

QFT

"Why is it 6 rounds? This is chucking ridiculous!"

"Then why did you come?"
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am

AO wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
johnemus wrote:
porkchop wrote:
johnemus wrote:Is the challenge going to be a NT stop again next year?

Nope ....... it wasn't year either FYI ....... It will be an A-Tier like it has traditionally been.

i know it wasn't this year. But last year it was. I didn't know if it would become one again or not.

why would we? So DumbFuck can come and bitch about how he doesn't have time to practice 4 courses on his little march to pick up the money that we raised for him and his travelling circus?

There's lots of reasons, but mainly due to thankless pros and the DSM club being OVER IT.

I think many TDs are starting to see this from several of the Pros on the road. But for some people who don't play Open, not all pros act or behave like this. It's a small percentage of them who suck. It's too bad a few people can ruin it for so many.

I agree, and it will never change. What needs to change is the PDGA's involvement so less burden and more cost benefit can be realized by the clubs that run them.....period...otherwise burnout will continue to run rampantly amongst TD's.
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 pm

AO wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
johnemus wrote:
porkchop wrote:
johnemus wrote:Is the challenge going to be a NT stop again next year?

Nope ....... it wasn't year either FYI ....... It will be an A-Tier like it has traditionally been.

i know it wasn't this year. But last year it was. I didn't know if it would become one again or not.

why would we? So DumbFuck can come and bitch about how he doesn't have time to practice 4 courses on his little march to pick up the money that we raised for him and his travelling circus?

There's lots of reasons, but mainly due to thankless pros and the DSM club being OVER IT.

I think many TDs are starting to see this from several of the Pros on the road. But for some people who don't play Open, not all pros act or behave like this. It's a small percentage of them who suck. It's too bad a few people can ruin it for so many.

I had a long conversation with Stan McDaniel about this...and the specific offenders. It seems Charlotte feels much like Des Moines does. I think Innova is getting tired of it....up until you reach Dunipace, who doesn't have to deal and could care less what guys do.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

GDL17921 wrote:What needs to change is the PDGA's involvement so less burden and more cost benefit can be realized by the clubs that run them.....period...otherwise burnout will continue to run rampantly amongst TD's.

This .........

To me its not so much about the players bitching (you have that at C-Tiers as well) its about the amount of work it takes to meet the standards and requirements to put on an NT or A-Tier event. Its damn near a full time job and really isn't worth it seeing how its all volunteer efforts. If I was a DG company like Par 72 or Dynamic Disc my tune might be different as that's what I'd do for a living ..... host events and promote my product. For a local club that is all volunteers with other responsibilities in life it just isn't worth it.

Most TD's will agree that running B and C-Tiers is a blast and what makes you run them year in and year out. Again I don't think its because of the type of player at the events I think it has to do with expectations. Those extra things like added cash, basket raffles, chilli for lunch, course maps, discs, T-Shirts, etc. at C and B-Tier events get notice and are much appreciated by the players. These same things at an A-Tier and NT level are expected and therefore go noticed or are bitched about not being good enough.

Same players - Same Extras - Different respect and props - all because of a label we put on the events ....... Its a shame really.

Look at LOD ...... basically an A-Tier quality and monetary event that gets mad props and accolades. You slap the A-Tier label on it and tunes will change ....... just ridiculous IMO

Perception is Key ...... and IMO the PDGA has allowed player perception to go awry due to a lack of involvement and stewardship
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

2011 NT Schedule released

Postby cgkdisc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am

cgkdisc

Re: 2011 NT Schedule released

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 am

cgkdisc wrote:http://www.pdga.com/2011-nt-goes-elite

So basically its the same thing as before, just with a 1 event per region structure. I was hoping that the "Elite" series would mean there is an elite title sponsor and that its only for elite players ......... meaning there is a minimum rating requirement ...... but nope we'll get the same watered down fields donating to the traveling pro.

I like the regional concept, but also dislike it. I think in weaker regions (possibly region 5) you will either see burnout by clubs that are the only big event (Beaver State Fling) or sub-par events taking their place in years they need a breather. Some of the power regions It's good and bad. The good thing is that burnout will be lower as you can alternate years with other events (Think region 6 - Majestic, Wide Open, Challenge, STL Open??, Empora??, Rumble??). Along those same lines clubs wanting to host are handcuffed because of the number of events in their region and have to wait their turn; while events like the Memorial and Beaver State have no competition.

Really though I don't care until this "elite" series is truly that .... "Elite" ...... complete with an "Elite" title sponsor that puts up "Elite" cash and can offer "Elite" support to local hosts.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 am

I hope that wans't your big surprise ......... If so did I miss something :?
Single L

Postby cgkdisc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

Nope. Had to wait until the NT schedule was confirmed and posted. Hoping to post the announcement on Monday now.
cgkdisc

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Chuck you're such a tease. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:45 pm

I know what it is and you guys don't!!!
Clue

Postby z-man » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Discwrangler wrote:As the operator/owner, can you refuse service to whoever?
If they aint wearing a shirt or shoes...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Clue » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 am

The calendar has been updated with nothing but Elite level tournaments! Now that these are up, sanction away boys. Please let me know when sanctioning is complete and I will update the calendar accordingly.
Clue

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 am

The Showdown at Shaver presented by Adam Karstens. April 10th, 2011. A PDGA C Tier event.
frogawitdafizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator